Help with Date functions

 How do I ensure that, in the "ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then" statement of
the sub below "ws.Range("J6").Value" will always be the Tuesday of the week
of "ws.Range("F7").Value".

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
 Dim ws As Worksheet
 Const PWORD As String = "Ayo"
 Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    If Me.Name = "Northeast AAV Project Outlook_ver2.xls" Then
        If Weekday(Date) = 2 Then
            For Each ws In Worksheets
                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
                    ws.Visible = True
                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
                End If
            Next
        ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then
            For Each ws In Worksheets
                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
                    ws.Visible = True
                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
                End If
            Next
        End If
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If
 Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Since it is not specified where the value "ws.Range("J6").Value" comes from,
the only answer would be  to check if it equals 3, which would be the day of
the week value for Tuesday.  You can do that with an If Then statement:

If ws.Range("J6").Value = 3 Then
    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
Else
    'some other action
End If

"Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I ensure that, in the "ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then" statement of
> the sub below "ws.Range("J6").Value" will always be the Tuesday of the
> week
> of "ws.Range("F7").Value".
>

> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> Dim ws As Worksheet
> Const PWORD As String = "Ayo"
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>
>    If Me.Name = "Northeast AAV Project Outlook_ver2.xls" Then
>        If Weekday(Date) = 2 Then
>            For Each ws In Worksheets
>                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
>                    ws.Visible = True
>                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
>                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
>                End If
>            Next
>        ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then
>            For Each ws In Worksheets
>                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
>                    ws.Visible = True
>                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
>                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
>                End If
>            Next
>        End If
>    Else
>        Exit Sub
>    End If
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub

0
JLGWhiz
11/24/2009 12:47:28 AM
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:06:01 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I ensure that, in the "ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then" statement of
>the sub below "ws.Range("J6").Value" will always be the Tuesday of the week
>of "ws.Range("F7").Value".
>

>Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> Dim ws As Worksheet
> Const PWORD As String = "Ayo"
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>
>    If Me.Name = "Northeast AAV Project Outlook_ver2.xls" Then
>        If Weekday(Date) = 2 Then
>            For Each ws In Worksheets
>                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
>                    ws.Visible = True
>                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
>                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
>                End If
>            Next
>        ElseIf Weekday(Date) > 2 Then
>            For Each ws In Worksheets
>                If ws.Name <> "BO Download" Then
>                    ws.Visible = True
>                    ws.Range("F7").Value = Date
>                    ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 1
>                End If
>            Next
>        End If
>    Else
>        Exit Sub
>    End If
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
>End Sub

Perhaps (assuming your week starts on Sunday):

ws.Range("J6").Value = Date + 3 - weekday(date)
--ron
0
Ron

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

REMOVING GAPS IN DATES
I want to chart some production data. Right now I have a x-y scatter and it plots the dates on x-axis and the data on the y-axis. The boss would like the dates that we did not run production to be cut out of the chart. So, if we ran on 01-01-04 to 01-02-04 and picked up again at 03-01-04, then only the days that we ran would be on the chart and evenly spaced throughout like 01-01-04, 01-02-04, 03-01-04, etc. If anyone would give me a hint it would be very helpful. Thank you. Erick YOu could change your chart type to "line" remove lines and leave markers and select chart optio...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

Can Excel notify me when a date is due?
I am currently setting up an Excel spreadsheet to calculate dates, and I was wondering whether Excel could notify me somehow 2 days before a date I have calculated, or to somehow flash up that the date is due. Does anyone know how to do this, or would I somehow have-to transfer the dates I have calculated in Excel into Outlook? Hi Claire Use a helper cell with A1-2 and use that cell in the change event Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Claire Chandler" <Claire Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

dates from Access > Outlook Calendar
I would like to be able to add events to a shared Outlook 2007 Calendar directly from our Access 2007 database. It seems fairly easy to do it from Outlook to Access (though I haven't tried it!) but I can't find anything straightforward for doing it the other way. We would like to fill in the event details in an Access form and then, if possible, have the basic date and times saved/ transferred/ whatever! to the Outlook calendar - simply to save the extra step of doing it manually. I have used Access for a few months but have not done any real coding - (someone in the ...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

How can you put double quotes in the parameter of the INDIRECT() function ?
How can you put double quotes in the parameter of the INDIRECT() function ? Example .. =SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200) I want to run the above formula in the INDIRECT function like . INDIRECT ("=SUMIF(mysheet1!$B$2:$B$200,">0",mysheet2!F$2:F$200)") But the " around the >0 is causing a problem because INDIRECT thinks you have come to the end of the literal parameter - but I haven't - I literally want the double quotes passed to INDIRECT as part of its parameter. "tur13o" <research@basingstoke.plu...