HELP: Trying to a word template with name from userform at a diff

Hi All,

I want to export details from excel userform to a word template and save it
at a different file. So basically once the user clicks the Export to word
button this should happen:

-Opens up a dialog window(to select the word template)
- User Selects the word template (I have a specific word template designed)
- the template is then "SAVED AS" a seperate word file at a specific
location(mentioned in code below)

But what is happening is, When user clicks the button and selects the
template, the data is exported to that template, and its not saved in a
different word file at the specified location in the code.

Private Sub Export_To_Word_Click()

Dim wdApp As Object
Dim doc As Object
Dim fdialog As FileDialog
Dim pathAndFile As String
Dim filePath As String
Dim shortName As String

On Error Resume Next
Set wdApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application")

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
 Set wdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
End If
On Error GoTo 0

wdApp.Visible = True

Set fdialog = wdApp.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)

With fdialog
    .AllowMultiSelect = False
    .Filters.Clear
    .InitialFileName = filePath & "\*.dotx*"

    If .Show Then
        pathAndFile = .SelectedItems(1)
        shortName = Right(pathAndFile, _
            Len(pathAndFile) - InStrRev(pathAndFile, "\"))
    Else
        MsgBox "User cancelled. Did not select a file"
        GoTo Pastcode
    End If
End With

Set fdialog = Nothing

Set doc = wdApp.Documents.Open(pathAndFile)

On Error Resume Next
With doc
..variables("Address").Value = Me.Property_Address.Value
..variables("City").Value = Me.City.Value
..variables("State").Value = Me.State.Value
..variables("Zipcode").Value = Me.Zip_Code.Value
..Fields.Update
End With

doc.SaveAs FileName:=filePath

filePath = "C:\My Documents" _
& "Property Details" & " - " & Me.File_Number.Value & ".doc"

Pastcode:

wdApp.Quit
Set doc = Nothing
Set wdApp = Nothing

End Sub

Thanks in advance

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

How do I resize a complex Excel template?
I bought a template to make a calendar, the template is wonderful but doesn't fill a full 8.5X11 sheet of paper, I've tried adjusting the margins, fiddling with the print at %, and everything else I can think of. Is there anyway to enlarge the calendar without resizing every cell? ...

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

How do I make one word have small caps?
Suppose I have a word named WORDED, and I want the "ORDED" part to become slightly smaller. I want it like "ORDED with smaller caps" and not like this "orded". I tried going selecting "ORDED and changing the font to small caps", but nothing really happened. How do i fix this? The usual way would be to type Worded (with an initial cap), and then format the whole word as Small caps. If the difference isn't sufficient, you could always type the word in all caps and format the W as 12 points and the ORDED as something significantly smaller...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Macro Help

Set curdir from where template was opened
I have an app where there is a templete that resides in a directory, under this directory is a data storage folder, the location of the template can change. Part of the code builds the require directory structure below the template location. Is there a way to set the curdir to where the workbook was opened from ie: where template sits? I am interupting the save process so I can set the name of the file depending on values within a worksheet, it needs to default to the "place where template is"\datastore\"Name I define".xls TIA W Code below FYI: Sub Workbook_Be...

help me #2

How do give each datapoint a separate name/label in a scatter char
I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis respectively) for 64 cities. How do I put the city name next to that data point. For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs per year. 1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would like to label the data point "Atlanta". This allows me to compare Atlanta's growth with the other 63 cities. Please let me know if this is possible. Check out Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). -- Reg...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Named Range
I'm creating a template in which a user can copy & paste their records and format it a certain way w/a macro button. One portion of the macro should create a named range for all records that appear in column J, starting at J4. However, as you can see from my code the marco is always going to name whatever is in between J4:J748 (this is how many records are in the document I am working with). I can't figure out how to fix it - any suggestions appreciated. Range("J4").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveWorkbook.Names.Ad...

Can someone explain the styles term 'theme-aware' in Word 2007?
I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and themes. Can someone please enlighten me. On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:33:40 -0500, "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote: >I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and >themes. Can someone please enlighten me. If you look at the definition of a style and it says that the font name is "+Body" or "+Headings", and the color is "Text 1" (or another number) or "Accent 1" (or another number), then the style is theme-awar...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help