Getting the values in a named range

Hi,

I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named
ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify
the worksheet names.

I've tried the following code:

Sub abc()
Dim a
For Each n In Names
    Debug.Print n, n.Name
    a = n.Value
    Debug.Print a
Next
End Sub

I get:

=sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
=sdf!$D$6:$D$8
=sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
=sdf!$C$12:$D$14

however I would like something like

=sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
=sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa

is this possible?

Thank you
0
vsoler

Names are children of the workbook.  The refersto: data is to identify where
within the workbook the name is used.  That is the basics of the Names
collection.  Your part two illustration is confusing, since the debug print
will only provide a predetermined print format.

"vsoler" <vicente.soler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named
> ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify
> the worksheet names.
>
> I've tried the following code:
>
> Sub abc()
> Dim a
> For Each n In Names
>    Debug.Print n, n.Name
>    a = n.Value
>    Debug.Print a
> Next
> End Sub
>
> I get:
>
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14
>
> however I would like something like
>
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
> 1
> 2
> 3
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
> 7
> 8
> 9
>
> is this possible?
>
> Thank you

0
JLGWhiz
2/17/2010 1:01:57 AM
i use this

Sub name_ranges() ' dumps all named ranges
Dim nm As Name
For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names
     Debug.Print nm.Name
Next
End Sub

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"vsoler" <vicente.soler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named
> ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify
> the worksheet names.
>
> I've tried the following code:
>
> Sub abc()
> Dim a
> For Each n In Names
>    Debug.Print n, n.Name
>    a = n.Value
>    Debug.Print a
> Next
> End Sub
>
> I get:
>
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14
>
> however I would like something like
>
> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
> 1
> 2
> 3
> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
> 7
> 8
> 9
>
> is this possible?
>
> Thank you

0
Gary
2/17/2010 1:12:27 AM
misread the post

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Gary Keramidas" <gkeramidas@XXMSN.com> wrote in message
>i use this
>
> Sub name_ranges() ' dumps all named ranges
> Dim nm As Name
> For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names
>     Debug.Print nm.Name
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
>

> Gary Keramidas
> Excel 2003
>

> "vsoler" <vicente.soler@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named
>> ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify
>> the worksheet names.
>>
>> I've tried the following code:
>>
>> Sub abc()
>> Dim a
>> For Each n In Names
>>    Debug.Print n, n.Name
>>    a = n.Value
>>    Debug.Print a
>> Next
>> End Sub
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
>> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8
>> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
>> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14
>>
>> however I would like something like
>>
>> =sdf!$D$6:$D$8              casa
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> =sdf!$C$12:$D$14            mesa
>> 7
>> 8
>> 9
>>
>> is this possible?
>>
>> Thank you

0
Gary
2/17/2010 1:48:58 AM
On Feb 17, 2:01=A0am, "JLGWhiz" <JLGW...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Names are children of the workbook. =A0The refersto: data is to identify =
where
> within the workbook the name is used. =A0That is the basics of the Names
> collection. =A0Your part two illustration is confusing, since the debug p=
rint
> will only provide a predetermined print format.
>
> "vsoler" <vicente.so...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named
> > ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify
> > the worksheet names.
>
> > I've tried the following code:
>
> > Sub abc()
> > Dim a
> > For Each n In Names
> > =A0 =A0Debug.Print n, n.Name
> > =A0 =A0a =3D n.Value
> > =A0 =A0Debug.Print a
> > Next
> > End Sub
>
> > I get:
>
> > =3Dsdf!$D$6:$D$8 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0casa
> > =3Dsdf!$D$6:$D$8
> > =3Dsdf!$C$12:$D$14 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0mesa
> > =3Dsdf!$C$12:$D$14
>
> > however I would like something like
>
> > =3Dsdf!$D$6:$D$8 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0casa
> > 1
> > 2
> > 3
> > =3Dsdf!$C$12:$D$14 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0mesa
> > 7
> > 8
> > 9
>
> > is this possible?
>
> > Thank you

JLGWhiz,

Thank you for your answer, but if I want to put the values of the
cells in a Variant, how do I do it?
0
vsoler

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

A Crystal Beginner

Install driver files with the same name
Hello, We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third party. I am looking for a way to install the drivers. Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. Is there any way to install the drivers without changing their file sames? Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third >party. >I am looking for a way to install the drivers. >Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. > >Is there ...

sort by subtotal values
When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. Thanks so much If you have one level of subtotals, you can collapse the table, so only the subtotals are visible. Then, select a cell in the column that you want to sort, and click the A-Z or Z-A button on the toolbar. harry wrote: > When I use the insert subtotals, I would like to sort by > those subtotals. It is not sorting them properly. What > do I need to do first before I tell it to sort. -- Debra Dalgleish...

Get paid while you get online!!

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 11-10-05
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. SOAP Server Application Faulted" Removed licenses from other users that are no longer here. I cannot add the new users. any ideas what the error messages mean? ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

How do I get??