formula to change font colour depending on which cell it has used

I have received some great help on here and again I am seeking more guidance
(sorry).

I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to on
applications coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us
to deal with them. I am also looking at number of written enquiries as well.
Using the following headings Application Received (B4), Enquiry Received
(C4), Completed Date (E4).

Then using the following formula
=NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158)
So that it will look at B4 determine if a date is in the cell if it isn’t
populated it looks at C4 instead whichever cell is completed it then works
out the networkdays by looking at E4. The text within the $ signs refer to
bank holidays listed on the spreadsheet

Would it be possible to have anything in place that does that formula but
depending on which cell was used (B4 or C4) it would provide the answer in a
different coloured font? For example it works out which date it has to use
for doing the networkdays and if it’s used the date in B4 when providing the
answer (number of days)it remains normal font colour (black) and if it uses
the date in C4 the answer  turns red font.

If so would someone be so kind in advising the formula I would need to use.

Thanking you in advance

Its ok I have worked it out now although its now raised a new question which
I will post in a new topic.

Thanking everyone that may have looked at it for me

"Matt" wrote:

> I have received some great help on here and again I am seeking more guidance
> (sorry).
>

> I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to on
> applications coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us
> to deal with them. I am also looking at number of written enquiries as well.
> Using the following headings Application Received (B4), Enquiry Received
> (C4), Completed Date (E4).
>
> Then using the following formula
> =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158)
> So that it will look at B4 determine if a date is in the cell if it isn’t
> populated it looks at C4 instead whichever cell is completed it then works
> out the networkdays by looking at E4. The text within the $ signs refer to
> bank holidays listed on the spreadsheet
>
> Would it be possible to have anything in place that does that formula but
> depending on which cell was used (B4 or C4) it would provide the answer in a
> different coloured font? For example it works out which date it has to use
> for doing the networkdays and if it’s used the date in B4 when providing the
> answer (number of days)it remains normal font colour (black) and if it uses
> the date in C4 the answer  turns red font.
>
> If so would someone be so kind in advising the formula I would need to use.
>

> Thanking you in advance

The ability to use other PDF writers then Adobe
Several Customers are suggesting to have the ability to use other PDF writers in Great Plains other then Adobe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45d51fb5-152...

help with formula please #2

Dynamically change Icon of List control
Hello all I want to change the icon of the list control dynanically ?? Regards use SetImage function of the CListCtrl Mathieu "Aftab Alam" <aftab.alam@ascertia.com> wrote in message news:%23IT0LQunDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello all I want to change the icon of the list control dynanically ?? > Regards > > > ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Credit card limit change
I'm running Money 98 (OK, OK, but it does everything I need)... Is there a way to change the credit limit on a credit card account after it's set up? Thanks for the help, sanspeur Go to the account details and change it??? Money does absolutely nothing with this information besides store it. If you don't update it, it will make no never mind. "Sanspeur" <HMCS@rogers.com> wrote in message news:NPcvb.74657$j1d.63802@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm running Money 98 (OK, OK, but it does everything I need)... Is there a > way to change t...

Formula #29

Puzzling font problem
Hello, I have an mfc app that is exhibiting incorrect output using ExtTextOut(), but only with certain fonts and certain characters. For example, using Arial, the inverted question mark is display as the "ae" character. As I switch fonts in the app, it is displayed as it should. Any comments would be much appreciated.... Definitely puzzling. I've looked through several font sets, including the old IBM OEM font and modern Unicode, but nothing leapt out as to why this should be happening. Can you create an absolutely minimal app that exhibits this behavior? joe On 30 Ja...

changing computers; how to get all of my emails/signatures over
We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I will still be using outlook. Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ops man" <cs@gigagolf.com> wrote in message news:f26aa101.0311180604.98bd612@posting.google.com... We often build new computers at the office and now I am getting a new machine. How do I get all of my old emails and signatures onto my new computer? I wi...

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Using a Portable Drive to Play Music Through WMP on Two Computers
I have two widely separated computers, each running XP and WMP11. From Computer1, I have backed up my music (WAV) files onto a Western Digital (WD) "My Passport Essential" portable drive. I have changed the WMP "Rip" folder on both computers to the (deeply embedded) WD folder to which the WAV files were copied. My intent is to eliminate all WAVs from both computers (freeing space), transport the WD between computers and play music from the WD. Playing the music from the WD through WMP on C1 works great. However, when using the WD with C2, much information...

Detecting Page Change in MultiPage
What event triggers a change of page in a multievent. I am designing multipage data entry form. Each page has a count of the number of dat entry errors. I want to be able to prevent switching to another page i there are errors on the existing page. How can I capture the movemen to another page? I would ideally check the error count during that event and ac accordingly. Any help is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a multipage_change event that you can tie into. Option Explicit Dim CurPage As Long Dim blkProc As Boolean Dim DataEntryErrors(0 To 3) A...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

HOW TO Prevent flicker in TreeView control when changing a node?
I guess this is old question, please Help me out. thanks Try LockWindowUpdate() and UnlockWindowUpdate() Normand "t123" <t123@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: e0290pN#DHA.2324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I guess this is old question, please Help me out. > > thanks > > >Try LockWindowUpdate() and UnlockWindowUpdate() LockWindowUpdate() isn't intended for general application use. I understand it has a specific use internal to Windows for drawing the old style dotted rectangle. The recommended method is to use SetRedraw (WM_SETREDRAW)....

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...