Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007

There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel)
in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to
copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo
(http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this
code fails in several ways in Excel 2007.

1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features
2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously
copied cell
3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code
generates a 1004 error (though the paste special still works) and the undo
option is no longer available.

This does seem to be a decent attempt to disable paste but preserve all the
other functionality but I am afraid I have not really managed to get it
working properly in Excel 2007. Has anyone been able so to do - or found
alternative code compatible with Office 2007 that still preserved undo etc?

Any help, as always, very gratefully received...

Pity that there is o response. This seems tobe a feature that is wanted quite
frequently (forcing all paste options to paste values only)... And anyway, I
thoought as a technet subscirber, I was guarnteed a response within 2 days...
Best wishes, Boris.

"Boris" wrote:

> There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel)
> in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to
> copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo
> (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this
> code fails in several ways in Excel 2007.
>
> 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features
> 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously
> copied cell
> 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code
> generates a 1004 error (though the paste special still works) and the undo
> option is no longer available.
>
> This does seem to be a decent attempt to disable paste but preserve all the
> other functionality but I am afraid I have not really managed to get it
> working properly in Excel 2007. Has anyone been able so to do - or found
> alternative code compatible with Office 2007 that still preserved undo etc?
>
> Any help, as always, very gratefully received...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Excell protection
I made a worksheet in excell 2003. There is one group(+)/ungroup(-) button. When I put protection this button is useless. Is there any way to chenge it? i.e. I want to make protection of this worksheet and normal working group(+)/ungroup(-) button. I had the same issue and solved it with a small bit of VBA code that runs when the file opens Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("Sheet Name").Unprotect Password:="password" With Sheets("Sheet Name") .Protect Password:="ou812", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True ...

Unable to open mail attachment in Outlook 2007
I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007 When I try to preview I get the following error message: __________________________________________________________________ This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer: Microsoft Office Outlook message and item previewer To open this file in its own program, double-click it. _________________________________________________________ When I double-click nothing happens. Can anyone help? Thank you > I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007...

Changing date formats in Excel
I am importing data that has a date format mm/dd/yy and want to find an easy way to convert this date to dd/mm/yy. I would appreciate any assistence anyone can offer -- fdoherty ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fdoherty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25144 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386390 Format Cells -> Date Select English (United Kingdom) as Locale. "fdoherty" <fdoherty.1s1zuv_1121166329.0795@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:f...

Excel 2004
This morning I opened Excel and lo and behold, every single file began opening. I force quit, restarted and the same thing continues to happen. Anyone hear anything like this before? Help Ethel Hess In article <BD9A8B20.93F%ethel.hess@state.nm.us>, Ethel Hess <ethel.hess@state.nm.us> wrote: > This morning I opened Excel and lo and behold, every single file began > opening. I force quit, restarted and the same thing continues to happen. > Anyone hear anything like this before? Help Did you change your "Alternate Startup File Location" in Preferences/Gen...

Reinstalling Money 2007
I've been running Money 2007 Deluxe (I think) on a Windows Vista Ultimate machine. The machine has developed problems with the hard drive and is not bootable anymore. I can copy off the data files, but I haven't tested them yet. I was wondering if someone could please tell me where Microsoft Money stores all of the preferences for Money. I mean, after using and upgrading Money for many years (since version 1.0), I've grown accustomed to certain things. When I reinstall on the new hard drive I don't want to have to go in and set everything back up again if I d...

Urgent Help!!! Excel's Marco Auto Convert to Access's db
Hello All. Thank you for reading my post first. I have a excel sheet, it contain the database. And I want to set a Marco Function or VBA etc, which can auto get the data from excel sheet and import into a Access's database. Thank you again. Hi Paul, You really don't need VBA to do this. In Access do file>get external data. Choose Excel as the filetype. (named ranges work best) You can choose to import or link the data. If you link the data the Access db will update whenever the XL sheet is changed. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Paul Chan" <paul@ram-c...

Simple(ish) Excel Macro
Does anyone have the code for a macro which would allow me to cop certian cells (ie: A1:F5) from a unopened/hiden worksheet to an activ cell on a different worksheet. This is my attempt... However it only works while working in test.xls and it needs to work o any xls documents (new or old). Sub test() ' Windows("PERSONAL.XLS").Activate Range("A1:F5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("test.xls").Activate *i beleive this is the problem* ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A2447").Select End Sub As you can see im new to this... any help appreciated -- preec --...

Excel formulas and recalculation
I have a group that creates a spreadsheet on a machine that has an excel addin and then distributes that spreadsheet throughout their department. The department users do not have the excel addin. For users of Excel XP this is not a problem, values show without difficuties. For Excel 2003 users the cell (I beleive) recalculates the formula when departmental users open the spreadsheet. Since they do not have the addin they get a name resolution error. Has anyone run into this and does anyone have a solution for this? I think I'd either share the addin. Or move the function into the...

Has Excel 2010 fixed slow down issues?
I've experienced - as have many others in here - inordinate slow downs in saving autorecover, macro executions, file openings and in contual screen fade-outs and "not responding" messages while Excel takes time out just to "think". Does anyone know if these issues have been successfully addressed in Office 2010? Let me stress that these comments are based on very limited and informal testing of some features as of the last Beta release of 2010. It's not like I've been beating on it continuously for several months. I've been running 2010 in...

Linking to Excel
In Powerpoint 2003, I'm pasting special, paste link an excel file(s) into a slide presentation. I had no problems last month - but now when i open the file i get (File is already open, reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded). And the file is not open in excel. My files are on a network drive so could this be my problem???? Thanks -- Joe In article <5AFB48C6-6D37-425E-8D4B-324CD36C2C76@microsoft.com>, Joe wrote: > In Powerpoint 2003, I'm pasting special, paste link an excel file(s) into a > slide presentation. I had no problems last mont...

Multiple Excel Spread Sheets
When I open excel it always starts (2) additional spread sheets - I removed the macros I recorded but they still open when I run the program. Does anyone know who to stop the additional spread sheets from opening? Office 2007 I don't have 2007, but perhaps Tools > Options > General > Sheets in new workbook > change to 1 > OK HTH Regards, Howard "TC" <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6789B612-96C3-4C50-93EA-EEBAF7076EAD@microsoft.com... > When I open excel it always starts (2) additional spread sheets - I > rem...

Excel and launching userforms
Greetings, I want to do something that I hope is not too unusual. i want to test a value in a cell, and if it one thing or another... launch a user form. Here is the scenario... test cell a1, if it is greater than 10, then launch userform1, userform1 will ask a question, if yes is selected it will write some text "and" the contents of cell a1 to cell b1. How do you do this? Thanks. -lumpjaw what is the trigger event. Do you want to launch the userform each time a cell is selected, each time there is a calculate, only when A1 is manually edited? When. See Chip Pearson...

why does the zip+4 get deleted when saving and excel file as a DBF
Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help. In my simple test, the digits didn't get deleted, but the formatting was gone when I reopened the .dbf file in excel. If I typed in the zip+4 as text (preformat the cells as text or started with a leading apostrophe '12345-1234), then the text was kept in tact. KevinPlays wrote: > > Each time I try to export, to dbf, an address list created in Excel it > deletes the Zip+4 when in the xxxxx-xxxx format I need, Please help. -- Dave...

Importing Excel into new Excel file
Hello all, I want to pull cells from 10 Excel files on pc into one new file. Can I do this with a simple cell reference to the path and filename where the data is coming from? Thanks! Mary Hi, yes you can for example in the cell you want the consolidation ='[your file name.xlsm]sheet1'!$G$11+'[your 2nd file name .xlsx]sheet1'!$T$5 to make it easier enter = in you cell and with all the other sheets open start going to that sheets and clicking in the cell you want to pull the information from "MaryfromHartford" wrote: > Hello all, > ...

Can not open 2008 Mac Excel files in 2003 PC Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I can not open some files I created in Mac 2008 Excel in 2003 Excel PC, I get the &quot;File is not recognized&quot; error. I made sure I saved the files as .XLS (97-2004 format) <br> The Mac is updated to the latest version and the PC has the latest update (SP3. <br> I see where other have posted the exact same situation but so far I can't find where someone offered a solution. OK, now I really feel foolish. Being new to the mac thing I didn't realize that spotlight writes index ...

trouble with Office links to Excel in 2007
i frequently use the "Office Links" feature to dump query results into Excel. in 2003, the formatting in Excel was fine - in 2007 it is a mess. is there a setting somewhere that i need to modify? thx. ...

EXCEL FILE IN INTERNET
Hi, Help is this highly appreciated. I am sending the daily report almost across teh country on daily basis. Is it possible to keep my excel file in internet ? so that anyone can read my file (yes, probably we have to allow them, after enter the correct password). also, is it possible to update this file online? Awaiting for your help -Sivassou. ...

Employee contributions in Dlxe 2007
My 401k account tracks my contributions as a negative. This makes the account balance off by the amount of my contributions. I update via Fidelity. In microsoft.public.money, Cards wrote: >My 401k account tracks my contributions as a negative. This makes the account >balance off by the amount of my contributions. I update via Fidelity. What happens is that when you download a Buy, you are not downloading a corresponding deposit/contribution. So if your broker does not providing contributions in the download, there are two options I could suggest: The better one would be to put a tr...

Help Excel Issue
While trying to open a spreadsheet i get the following: "file format is > not valid". Then Excel doesn't open. > > The OS is WIN 2K with MS Office 2K. > > Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! It means what it says, someone probably opened the file in Word and saved when prompted, that will make excel files pretty unusable -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Deborah" <dmattmac@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:mzyme.10260$uR4.5346@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > While trying to open a spreadsheet i get the f...

Access 2007: bug? quick filter list is sometimes empty
Access 2007 has a great new feature which allows to easily filter by selecting different values from a drop down box on top of each column. However, sometimes the list of values simply is EMPTY in some columns. It seems that this has to do with the complexity of the underlying query. Does anyone know how to circumvent this? Or is it simply a bug? Kind regards Georg When the list of unique choices gets too big they don't show. You have some control over this office button/access options/current database/Filter lookup options (look at bottom of screen). It takes tim...

Excel mouse selecting problem
Not sure if this is the right place, but ... Seems that excel xp is randomly having a really annoying problem. Left-clicking in a cell seems to result in a permanent selecting mode which renders the whole of excel imoperable. Basocally, the mosue continus to select cells even thou I'm not holding down any mouse buttons, and refuses to stop selecting cells. I have changed the mouse nad keyboard, and it still happens. This issue sometimes begins at startup of excel, and sometimes after using excel for a while. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Fletch -- zkcerf ...

Doing with Excel file
I want to save data to an Excel file, but I want not to depend on Excel version (97, 2000, 2003, ...) how can I do it ? Thank you alot, Giang. Giang Pham wrote: > I want to save data to an Excel file, but I want not to depend on Excel > version (97, 2000, 2003, ...) how can I do it ? > Thank you alot, > Giang. > > Giang: Use comma-separated-value (.csv) format. HTH, David Wilkinson I mean I want to save my data to one sheet and many location in an existing excel file. If I use automation I have to include "excel.h" (2003), or "excel9.h" (2...

Workbook contains content that is not supported by Excel 2008

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...