Floating text

Hi everyone,

I'd like to have some question+answer showing up on top of all my
applications() to make me read it and memorize it.
I know that I can hide Excel, but how can I hide the form but the text on
the form to be visible?
There is anyway to do it in VBA?

Can you please explain further?  This doesn't really make any sense to me.
Please give a specific example.  Before/after examples usually work great!

--
Ryan---

"Dan Tabla" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to have some question+answer showing up on top of all my
> applications() to make me read it and memorize it.
> I know that I can hide Excel, but how can I hide the form but the text on
> the form to be visible?
> There is anyway to do it in VBA?

Countif and Text
This is really silly. I have a long column of "Y" and "N" - input by a user. I need to count the Y and N's - and use them further in my sheets. I've noted that in some sheets, my countif function works - and will count the Y values. On other sheets (from the same template!) it doesn't work! I have another user inputting these values - so perhaps her excel settings are causing the problem? I just need to know what to alter in order to have these Y and N input values 'readable' from other excel equations (if, and or). I've tried all formats ...

what is floating currency
i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to know what floating currency is in excel, but i can't find it in an online search, or in excel help. i know how to apply currency formats to cells, but i don't know how floating currency applies to excel. please help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_currency -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bobert" <bobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3763F76-C556-4595-9072-058B543D5FAD@microsoft.com... >i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to kno...

Noob Question CString to Float conversion
Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value to allow me to do calculations with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. try atof() "Rik Irving" <indigoed@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bpqv0g$qv8$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to do calculations with it. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Rik Irving wrote: > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to ...

Alignine text within newsletter columns
I am trying to create a newsletter for my company and the text within the columns are not aligning on the bottom when editing or adding more sentences. How do I make them even as I add new text? It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto the next column when there is plenty of space for a sentence in the column I am working on. sncrze <sncrze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It will automatically cut-off at a certain point and go onto > the next column when there is plenty of space for a >sentence in the column I am working on. It only looks like th...

text box memo formatting
I have a form with a text box. In the text box I can type for instance “LGR”. When I hit the report button I get a message “Overflow”. I hit a couple times the button “OK” and eventually get my report with “LGR” bold and blue in the “Description” field. But the formatting is terrible. Any suggestions on how to format the text box for the memo so it’s grouped? Is this a regular text box or do you have some sort of coding and/or downloaded feature that you are using? "Ra" <Ra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A43FB2-16EB-41A6-BB67-299E4C578EDF@micr...

text wrap and change row height on different cells in an excel sheet
Hello there, I've been trying to look for a way to wrap the text and display it in the row by adjusting the row height. I have found a way of doing this for a selected cell, however i need my macro to be able to traverse through the sheet and perform the task. I am not familiar to vba functions and would appreciate if some one could provide sugggestions on how to achieve this. In my case the cells aren't merged! /***************** Sub AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight() Dim CurrentRowHeight As Single, MergedCellRgWidth As Single Dim CurrCell As Range Dim ActiveCellWidth As Singl...

Big prodject! How to insert row or rows beneath certain text
Is there a code that when a certain text is in collumn (A3) ALL CORE i insert one row beneath it, Also if there is one or more text next t each other, Like Collumn (A9 and A10) HUNTER-#2 and HUNTER-#2 an there're the exactly the same then insert two rows beneath the las Hunter-#2. But the thing is I only want it to happen to specifics text and can it have exceptions like at A5 and A6 the text reads COPE & DRA #2 and under it says COPE & DRAG #3 can the code it insert two row beneath COPE & Drag #3 but if COPE & DRAGE #3 does not appear the insert one row beneath COPE &...

Floating a Toolbar
Hello, I am working with a CDialog and it's a DLL. I am trying to make a CToolBar object to become floatable - to detach it from the main window. What I have is a code in my OnInitDialog that initializes the toolbar: if (!m_toolbar.Create(this) || !m_toolbar.LoadBitmap(IDR_TOOLBAR1) || !m_toolbar.SetButtons(MainButtons, sizeof(MainButtons)/sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create mainbar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } m_toolbar.SetBarStyle(m_toolbar.GetBarStyle() | CBRS_TOOLTIPS); RepositionBars(AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_FIRST, AFX_IDW_CONTROLBAR_LAST, 0); I r...

Import Word text into Publisher into many text boxes?
I need to regularly create a newsletter with many short items. It is pretty tedious to copy and paste all those short bits into individual text boxes. Is it possible for me to import the text from MS Word 2007 into MS Publisher 2007 and have all the different paragraphs or sections get placed into individual text boxes? How do I then indicate in Word where the next text box must be created (by inserting Section Breaks for example)? This would save me a considerable amount of time and effort. Many thanks to whoever can help me with this! You cannot do this in Publisher. You can create ...

Text Boxes #4
I have a number of text boxes within charts that highlight some of the information. I change the data that produces the charts and would like to automatically change the text in the text box by linking the text box to cells within a worksheet. Is this possible to do? Thanks Graham Hi Graham you can link a text box to a cell, 1) click on the text box 2) click in the formula bar 3) type =A1 (or whatever cell) 4) press enter Cheers JulieD "Graham Parkinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219f01c4d884$799b2570$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a...

ODBC Text Error
I am still having a problem running integrations on several PC's. It works on some. It was working on mine but now when I run an integration I get an error [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. The KB articles do not seem to address this. Regards Richard Richard, A few suggestions/things to check: 1) Make sure all PCs are running the same adapter versions for IM. 2) Centralize your IM dictionary. If all users are running the same IM.MDB version, troubleshooting this issue becomes easier. By the same token, make sure the IM.MDB is the same on all PCs. ...

How do I automatically expand a merged cell with wrapped text?
You don't. Take a look at the macro by Jim Rech: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/br owse_frm/thread/c681ec7915bee300/2601d8ed556c55e9? ...

Change fg color of a static text at runtime
How can I change fg color of a static contol base on caption's text. I can set fg/bkg color using OnCtlColor at dialog's startup but I need to change color base on a math result, if this is positive set as blue if math result use red. thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo You would still do it the same way. Create appropriate brushes(or use SetTextColor etc) and return these based on the context(math result). OnCtlColor is called whenever the control needs to be redrawn(not only at startup). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Eduardo" <a@a.com> w...

Text String to Unicode
Hi, How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? Thanks, Guilherme R. Rolim Look at macros A2W etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Guilherme R. Rolim" <grrolim@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OXR7gzxkDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | How do I convert a text string (from a text file) that has escaped unicode | charactes (\u0635\u0641\u0627\u0631) to unicode chars? | | Thanks, | | Guilherme R. Rolim | | | | I'll try to put some more details, mayb...

Lookup Text Value
Hello I need to use a lookup to return only a result if the value is text. have a list of item numbers in row A that are repeated several times. need to look up the value in column B that corresponds to the ite number in Column A. There is only one text result in column B for single instance of the item number, so if the item number is liste more than once there will be an item number that has no result. Th issue I am having is that the VLookup returns the first occurence whic sometimes is nothing. How can I set a VLookup to return a text value? Thank you for your Help -- nuve ---------...

New Essay: Floating Point Explorer
For the morbidly curious, take a look at my Floating Point Explorer, which lets you see the raw representation of a double, see how double-to-text and text-to-double conversions work, and generally explore a lot of the issues of floating point. http://www.flounder.com/floating_point_explorer.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

In Excel need macro to tell if Text Box is Blank or has Text
In Excel I need a macro to tell me if the Text Box Number is Blank or has Text in it. Textboxes on the worksheet? 'if from the control toolbox toolbar MsgBox Len(Worksheets("sheet1").TextBox1.Value) 'if from the Drawing toolbar MsgBox Len(Worksheets("sheet1").TextBoxes("Text box 2").Text) You could just look to see if it was equal to "", too. Jerry Dyben wrote: > > In Excel I need a macro to tell me if the Text Box Number is Blank or has > Text in it. -- Dave Peterson ...

german string to float?
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have a small stored procedure which takes a float as paramemter. Today one of my german colleague found that she can't put 0,5 in, and it gives error message --- Error converting data type nvarchar to float. She tried a couple of days before and she did can type 0,5 and save. I am wondering what could trigger this problem? The front side is very supid, no checking at all. it just pass anything it receives to the stored procedure. Many Thanks DAXU I assume you are using those values in caclulations ... so check the valu...

Moving the Text only
Is there a way to move text only? If i right click on the border area to move it to another cell (location) a window pops up but the option to <move value only> does not show, only <copy value only> and a list of other things, Say I have a persons name (Mike Smith) in a cell filled with color and a bold border around it and I only want to move the "Mike Smith" text and leave everything else then I want to move another name into that spot with the color filled and border around the new name. I only want to move the text, quick and easy, I hope. Right now I need to highlig...

adding text to existing text in whole coulumn
I need to add text to an entire column at once. I need it to go in fron of the text already in the cells. The text I need to add will be th same all the way down. I tried to add the text to one cell and the highlight the text I added only and fill down but that copied th entire cell all the way down which is bad. I just need to fill down th new text. In other words I need: dogs cats zebas to be: ****/dogs ****/cats ****/zebras Currently Im having to add the ****/ one cell at a time and its takin forever. Hope I explained that good enogh. Thamks, Terr -- mrwhite -------------------------...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Floating
I have frozen the panes of a sheet already. The column headings are frozen at the top and the client data to th left. [SIDE WITH CLIENT HEADINGS] --- [OTHER HEADINGS] -------------------------------------------------------------------- [CLIENT DATA - SCROLL DOWN] --- [OTHER DATA - SCROLL DOWN AND ALONG] Get it? Well, I have add a few rows above the headings for data I want to sta there. So, if I place it above the client headings - it stays becaus that cant be moved. But if I place anything about the other headings it is lost when you scroll right. Is there a way for me to add like floati...

Text boxes in e-mail newsletter
I want to send an e-mail newsletter in the body of an e-mail. When I e-mail the newsletter to myself or another person, the formatting looks fine, but if you click on any of the text, a text box outline appears around the text. How can I make it so that this box doesn't show up if someone clicks on the text? Even though you can click on any object of the email, they cannot be edited. I have no idea why this happens. If you save the email into a folder this phenomenon doesn't occur. A better solution would be to send your newsletter as a PDF. Publisher 2007? There is a *save as a...

when filling out a form, the main text gets out of alignment?
I just designed a form.....When I "test" it and fill in the blanks, it moves the main text out of alignment. Is there any way to "lock" the main text so it doesn't move but still be able to fill in the blanks on the form? Set up your form as a table with fixed cell dimensions. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "enived2" <enived2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Unwelcome Floating URL
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Running Excel for Mac 2008 v12.2.4 on an iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 w/Mac OS X 10.6.3. <br><br>Whenever I open either an existing or new spreadsheet, a floating URL highlighted in yellow appears adjacent to or superimposed over the spreadsheet. Clicking on the URL accomplishes nothing. It cannot be selected, dragged, copied or moved. <br><br>How did I create this phenomenon and how can I eliminate it? They are absolutely MADDENING, aren't they :-) It'...