Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007

Hi All
In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics.
When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can
select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007
the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ?
As always any help will be much appreciated.
This is my code:
Regular module:
Sub Float_Menu_help()
 Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu
 Dim c
 'remove custom menu if it exists
Delete_HelpMenu
 'create new menu and display it
Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _
Temporary:=True, _
   MenuBar:=False)
newMenu.Visible = True
 'add a menu to the new CommandBar
 Set newControl = newMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup)
 newControl.Caption = "Select the required item"
 newControl.OnAction = "HelpMe"

End Sub

Sheet code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Float_Menu_help
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Delete_HelpMenu
End Sub

--
HJN

Have you looked for the items from your float_menu under the Add-ins tab?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Hennie Neuhoff" <HennieNeuhoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics.
> When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can
> select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007
> the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ?
> As always any help will be much appreciated.
> This is my code:
> Regular module:
> Sub Float_Menu_help()
> Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu
> Dim c
> 'remove custom menu if it exists
> Delete_HelpMenu
> 'create new menu and display it
> Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _
> Temporary:=True, _
>   MenuBar:=False)
> newMenu.Visible = True
> 'add a menu to the new CommandBar
> Set newControl = newMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup)
> newControl.Caption = "Select the required item"
> newControl.OnAction = "HelpMe"
>
> End Sub
>
> Sheet code:
> Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
> Float_Menu_help
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
> Delete_HelpMenu
> End Sub
>
> --
> HJN

0
Doug

"Watermark" in Excel
In Word, I know how to do a watermark background. How do I do this in Excel? For example, I would like to see the word "Draft" as background text. Is WordArt the only way to accomplish this in Excel? Thank you, anyone! Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany H Chan wrote: > In Word, I know how to do a watermark background. > > How do I do this in Excel? For example, I would like t...

tables were Overlapped in office 2007
When we are opening a PowerPoint 2003 file in PowerPoint 2007,the tables of a slide were overlapped in PowerPoint 2007.We are unable to understand that "why the tables are overlapping in PowerPoint 2007?".This was happened only for this slide apart from all slides. Please help us to know the reason. Note:If you are clicking distributing columns evenly tab of tables in PowerPoint 2003, then the tables were overlapped in PowerPoint 2003.But the tables were overlapped automatically in office 2007 ...

How to call an .exe Add-On with a custom menu....
Hi; I have a custom solution developped in visio 2002. There the way of seting properties of menu is as follows. menuItemObj.Caption = "Check &Completeness" menuItemObj.AddOnName = "SetXMLGenerateMenu" menuItemObj.AddOnArgs = "Validate" menuItemObj.Enabled = True menuItemObj.Visible = True The AddOn used here is an exe file (SetXMLGenerateMenu.exe). But this doesn't function in Visio 2003. It gives the run time error saying "Script out of range", when I click on the menu to call the exe. Visio 2003 SDK defines the way o...

Business Type Code Vs Industry
Hello, Can someone explain the difference between Business Type Code & Industry? What is the role or purpose of Business Type code. If anyone knows of any resources that could explain the intended purpose of this and some of the other fields on the account object such as Classification, and Category that would be great. Hi, It totally depends upon your business requirments. If you think some field is not required then just remove it or modify it to suit your requirments. There are many attributes of Account which are not even shown on Account Form by default but they are there in ...

what is floating currency
i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to know what floating currency is in excel, but i can't find it in an online search, or in excel help. i know how to apply currency formats to cells, but i don't know how floating currency applies to excel. please help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_currency -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bobert" <bobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3763F76-C556-4595-9072-058B543D5FAD@microsoft.com... >i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to kno...

Creating frames inside excel
Hi 1. I would like to keep a navigation bar, visible on all worksheets, a bit like frames on a web page. Is there anyway of doing this in excel? 2. Another issue. I have a macro (code below) which creates a dropdown list of worksheets, by clicking I can access directly that sheet, however if I want this on every sheet, I must make a new macro for each combobox. Is there anyway I can using the same combobox for all sheets? Private Sub cboTheList_Click() Worksheets(cboTheList.Text).Activate End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim ws As Worksheet cboTheList.Clear ...

Activate Exchange 2003 Trial
If we purchase exchange 2003 can we use it to activate our exchange 2003 trial that's currently installed and setup? Or do we have to uninstall the trial, then install the registered version of exchange 2003? Thanks It is my understanding that you have to unistall the trial version due to licensing rules that MS makes, then install the full version of MS Exchange 2003 "tomas789" wrote: > If we purchase exchange 2003 can we use it to activate our exchange 2003 > trial that's currently installed and setup? Or do we have to uninstall the > trial, then instal...

Outlook 2003 & Spam
I have Outlook 2003. I get a lot of junk. In my old system, I could block a bunch of e-mails, right-click, and add all the senders to the spam list. On 2003, I have to do each one at a time. Is there a fix to this? ...

Graphic features of EXCEL..........
Hi, I want to display the table data on Pivot GRAPH from two different sheets. How should we do that? Any advice will be great. Bill ...

why i can't see menu bar?
Thank you why I can't see menu bar in office 2007 specially (Access 2007) Because there isn't one? Office 2007 uses a ribbon rather than menus. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e1KbIk0LIHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Thank you > why I can't see menu bar in office 2007 specially (Access 2007) > > ...

Comments in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to anchor a comment to a specific point in a spreadsheet? Does the Excel Help topic "Add or remove a comment" cover it? On 10/04/10 2:36 AM, in article 59bb6be9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sspetke@officeformac.com" <sspetke@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a way to anchor a comment to a specific point in a spreadsheet? -- The email below is my business email -- Ple...

How do you enlarge an excel chart text box larger?
In an wizard-generated pie chart, the text "turns around" at the end of the word. I can't "pull out" corner or side because there are none. Help! Lee - Unfortunately, Excel does not trust you to resize your own data labels, axis labels, or axis and chart titles. You can remove the unsatisfactory text element, and make your own with a true textbox. The easiest way to insert a textbox into a chart is to select the chart, then type whatever you want. When you press Enter, the textbox appears in the middle of the chart. Format it and move it to its proper location. ...

Excel File will not open if Excel is no open first
Hi, I am having problems where double clicking an Excel file will launch Excel, but it will not open the file itself. This goes for all my Excel files. Once Excel is open I can use File->Open to open the file, but I do not know why it won't open the file in the first place. Obviously there is nothing wrong with my file associations since it still launches Excel when I double click the file icons. I am not running any macros and also do not have any add- ins installed. Any advice on how to fix the problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vyyk Hi Vyyk, > I am having ...

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar
My "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar. How do I get it back? ...

Excel object within Word doc
I am sure I am doing something in error ... but all I want to do is take a spreadsheet and embed it in my word doc. I click on 'Insert', then 'Object', choose 'Excel 97-2003', 'Display as Icon', copy data into spreadsheet, 'save', 'close and return' ... However, when I go to view it at a later time - the spreadsheet does not open and I end up in the picture editing part of Word. ...

Why can't I convert quatro pro .wb3 file in Excel
I have trid everything suggested in Excel and on-line but can't convert my *.wb3 file in Excel 2003. Downloaded the Office converter file and ran it, still nothing appropriate in add-ins. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom Hi AFAIK Excel does not support the newer QP file formats. So either save it as Excel file within QP or use a commercial converter (try www.dataviz.com) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5DC488BA-363C-4967-B0DB-1D9B039A508A@microsoft.com... > I have trid everything sugges...

"News" not visable on Outlook Go Menu
This post sent from Outlook Express. I have set up newsgroups in Outlook twice, and twice "news" has disappeared from the go menu. I successfully set up Outlooks news reader, adding "news" to the go menu. I added news groups, visited one or two groups and closed Outlook. The next time I opened Outlook "news" was no longer a choice in the go menu. "news" is no longer available in customize. I am working on MSDST certification and have XP and Office trial software. I repeated this for a second user in second installation of XP and office 2003. Th...

Query Excel database from desktop
I am looking to create a small desktop application that will query an excel database to match the zip code provided by the user of desktop application. If the zip code matches, the database will provide back a result based on the column information directly to the right of the zip code in the database. Is this something that can be done just in excel, or what type of small application will allow us to access the database without actually having Excel opened or even on the computer. -- Lost You could surely do this in excel using =vlookup(). But that means that the user has to have e...

Excel 2003 upgrade
Upgrade from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. Upon opening previously existing spreadsheet from "MY Documents, we get an error ".....Too many records, cannot import complete file." The data is truncated. Originally 150 rows (records) now 108. If we open Excel and then open the file, we do not get the error message, but data is still truncated -- Regards, Rod Smothers ...

margin settings in Outlook 2007
Please advise me how set the Indents in new message in Outlook 2007 Paragraph pull down on the Format Text tab. Sajid wrote: > Please advise me how set the Indents in new message in Outlook 2007 Email doesn't really use indents... but if you show the rule icon (click the little ruler icon on the right), you'll be able to set the tabs. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/2010-04-28_1802.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...

invoice in excell
I have been using the Invoice template that automatically caculates your total. When I upgraded to Office 2003 it shows the date as XXXXXXXXX and also if I enter a negative amount it will not subtract. Try adjusting the width of the column that the date appears in. As for the second problem, are you entering a negative nmber or is there a formula somewhere the makes the subtraction? "john jp" wrote: > I have been using the Invoice template that automatically caculates your > total. When I upgraded to Office 2003 it shows the date as XXXXXXXXX and also > if I enter ...

Toggle between workbooks 2003
I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. Maybe right click on the 'Start' button > Properties > 'Task Bar' tab > un-check 'Group similar buttons...' > OK Micky "Cindy" wrote: > I have lost the option of toggling between multiple workbooks from the > Windows Taskbar. The box is checked under tools, options, views, Windows in > task bar. Using XP and Excel 2003. ...

Calendar in Excel
I want to be able to pick a cell and have a caledar appear that would let me pick a month,day,year and then insert that date into the cell. Is this possible? if so how do I go about doing it? Thanks Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030e01c3d631$36d73180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to be able to pick a cell and have a caledar > appear that would let me pick a month,day,year and then > insert that date...

Email fields in Excel
Probably a very basic issue, but haven't been able to figure out.... When opening one of my Excel sheets, there are a few email fields near the top of the screen. These are for the sender's address, the recipient's address, the subject and a cc: recipient. Opening other files, don't show these fields. Why are these fields showing up, and how can I get rid of them? Excel is 2002 SP1. -Olaf- File|Send to|Mail Recipient It's a toggle. But I have a difficult time distinguishing between being clicked and not. You may even have an icon for this function on your toolba...

control a sub/function via a dropdown menu
Hello, I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu. To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Mike - The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it to assign a macro. Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds the index of the selected item. So your macro can check the index, then perform the appropriate actions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP h...