Find Worksheet Name without On Error Resume Next

Is there a way to ensure a worksheet is in a workbook without using the On
Error Resume Next statement?  I have the name of the worksheet, now I want to
search the workbook for that sheet, how do I do that?
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Hi Ryan

It can be done like this:

Dim IsThere As Boolean
TargetSh = "Sheet1"
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
    If sh.Name = TargetSh Then
        IsThere = True
        Exit For
    End If
Next
If IsThere Then
    MsgBox ("Is in the workbook")
Else
    MsgBox ("Is not in the workbook")
End If

Regards,
Per

"Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> Is there a way to ensure a worksheet is in a workbook without using the On
> Error Resume Next statement?  I have the name of the worksheet, now I want
> search the workbook for that sheet, how do I do that?
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan

0
Per
12/31/2009 3:11:21 PM
Hi,

Someone will inevitably prove me incorrect but without using ONERROR I think
you have to loop

Dim WorksheetExists As Boolean
For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count
    If Sheets(x).Name = "Sheet1" Then
        WorksheetExists = True
        Exit For
    End If
Next
If WorksheetExists Then
MsgBox "Sheet there"
Else
MsgBox "Sheet not there"
End If

Mike

"Ryan H" wrote:

> Is there a way to ensure a worksheet is in a workbook without using the On
> Error Resume Next statement?  I have the name of the worksheet, now I want to
> search the workbook for that sheet, how do I do that?
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan
Thats what I figured I had to do. I wasn't sure if there was a quicker way.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Per Jessen" wrote:

> Hi Ryan
>
> It can be done like this:
>
> Dim IsThere As Boolean
> TargetSh = "Sheet1"
> For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
>     If sh.Name = TargetSh Then
>         IsThere = True
>         Exit For
>     End If
> Next
> If IsThere Then
>     MsgBox ("Is in the workbook")
> Else
>     MsgBox ("Is not in the workbook")
> End If
>
> Regards,
> Per
>
> "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> > Is there a way to ensure a worksheet is in a workbook without using the On
> > Error Resume Next statement?  I have the name of the worksheet, now I want
> > search the workbook for that sheet, how do I do that?
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Ryan
>
> .

There's nothing wrong with the "on error resume next" approach in VBA.  And it's
quicker, too.

Why wouldn't you want to use it?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Name Box Information
Is it possible for me to input the worksheet names that I have into the Name Box next to the formula bar, such that it creats a pull down menu that will allow me to move between the worksheets instead of scrolling around the bottom? There is already a menu. If you right-click on the arrows to the left of the sheet tabs, you will see the menu of sheet names. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ohpspe" <brenthecker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52249BAB-B609-4BDB-9DCE-25E690BF12D8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for me to inp...

Windows Vista (KB972145) Fail Installation Error Code 80070020
When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any suggestions? Miss Mollie wrote: :: When attempting to instal the Windows Vista (KB972145) I get an :: installation Failure Status with an error code 80070020. Any :: suggestions? Some suggestions here: You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 -- TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services http://taurarian.mvps.org ==============...

outlook error: entry point ont found
hello i am having problems with outlook ( im running xp pro ) when i try to run outlook i get this error message: Microsoft outlook. outlook EXE entry point not found. the procedure entry point getiUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library. ive uninstalled /installed again ,but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much . Regards georgie ...

Can't See External To: Names
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003 From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus himself. The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list. The external user names do not display. In the latest case, he was replying to an email received from an external sender. Everything looks fine in the tracking log for his sent email, all recipient names are listed. Needless to say he is not happy with this situation. Has anyone had this problem who can help me understand what's going on? Why are the external addresses unavailable for display?...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

how do I delete numbers without deleting formulas
In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the formulas in the column? F5>Special>Constants. Use the option buttons to select what you wish to highlight for deleting>Ok Edit>Clear Contents. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:13:02 -0700, "Emmaus junkie" <Emmaus junkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the >formulas in the column? ...

Autofill Worksheets
Is there a way in Excel 2000 to rename the first two worksheets and then use an autofill type feature to add more worksheets with a series of names? For example, name one worksheet January, the next one February, then insert new worksheets that would be automatically named the consecutive months. Bonnie Hi Bonnie i would probably approach it this way, choose tools / options / general change "sheets in a new workbook" to 12 open a new workbook - it will have 12 sheets go back into tools / options / general and set the sheeets back to 3 then run the following code ---- Sub n...

Renaming Exchange 2003 Server computer name
Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without having to reinstall? Thanks for your help jericom@gmail.com (Jerico Max) wrote in news:bdd87ac0.0409221151.125dfb99 @posting.google.com: > Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without > having to reinstall? This can get ugly. Proceed with caution. I'd recommend building a new server and moving mailboxes to it. You could use temporary hardware and rebuild your current server with your required name. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: htt...

run-time error 2147467259 (80004005)
i have a store that is getting the run time error above only when they have a transaction involving the members of one matrix, and then they are kicked out of the system. if they try to sell one of these items, transfer it to another store, receive it, etc, it will kill the program and give this error. the rest of the information given in the error is "could not find the index entry for RID '1600002bd2765100' in index page (1:42599), index ID 8, database GFANC03. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this problem and possible solutions? We are using version 1.2, sin...

'the operation failed' error window in outlook 2003?
Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open either. I have to click on the icon a second time and the program opens right away. I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2 Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation > failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open > either. I have to click on the i...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Convert from network name to ip address
I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device name instead of an ip address eg:- ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Fails ReadFunction("\\192.168.2.2\Myfolder\Myfile.txt") <--- Works So how do I convert a network devices name to it's ip address? ie. Convert \\NAS\ to \\192.168.2.2\ Thanks Robert Am 31.05.2010 14:56, schrieb Roidy: > I have a function that reads a file but fails if I pass it a network device > name instead of an ip address eg:- > > ReadFunction("\\NAS\Myfold...

Host unknown error
Have exchange 5.5 with sp4 OS win2000 sp4 some of the domain mails are bounced with NDR "host unknown" and some time the same domain mails are able to sent . Kindly solution Sounds like a problem with DNS. "nainar" <nainar@ctd.hcltech.com> wrote in message news:837701c4853c$c3cfe450$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have exchange 5.5 with sp4 > OS win2000 sp4 > some of the domain mails are bounced with NDR "host > unknown" > and some time the same domain mails are able to sent . > Kindly solution ...

OutLook in XP Office Pro producing this error:
After upgrading from Office 2k to Office XP Pro, I am getting the following error message. I imported my "old" archive and it had/has a folder called "BladePro". Each time my archive runs, I get this message. I have searched my entire hard drive and there are no other archive folders so where is it finding a second "BladePro" folder? This is irritating, to say the least. Error while archiving folder "BladePro" in store "Archive Folders". A folder by this name already exists. If possible, please send your suggestions to: rweeks@cableon...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...

Finding an event

Array to named range conversion...
The intention of my macro is to put all the wb's sheet names into named range as per the code below. Then, use the named range as th list in a "data validation" cell, which will use the named range as th list. I've successfully been able to convert the array into a range, althoug i can only populate the range horizontally (columns x 1 row). if i tr to populate a vertical range, i get all the same value (the value o index 1). I get similar results with the named range. And when I try t use it in data validation, I get an error. My workaround is to use the code to put the v...

stop multiple worksheets opening
I've "inheirted" a workbook that when opened, all worksheet automatically open in new windows. The person that created the workbook doesn't know how he did it, and haven't been able to find out how to turn it off. Any suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Press the X at the upper right for all but one of the windows, then save the workbook and close it. The next time you open it, no other windows should open. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "cwtex >" <<cwtex.17nbr3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:cwtex....