find text and copy selected rows from text and loop

Hi

I'm need your expert help.  In a worksheet I need to find the word
"Filename" in column B, then cut rows until the next "Filename" word.  I need
this looping to start from the 2nd "Filename" word.

Upon highlighting rows I need to cut selected rows and add this to a new
worksheet.  This needs to be done until all "Filename" words have been
searched.

I'm hoping this makes senses and that someone out there can help me.

Many thanks
Frederic

Hi,

Put this in a 'General' module and run it. It assumes the source data are in
Sheet1 so change to suit

Sub Lime()
Dim LastRow As Long, count As Long, x As Long
Dim StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long
Dim MyRange As Range
Dim MySheet As String
MySheet = "Sheet1" ' Change as required
LastRow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Cells.Rows.count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
x = 1
Do
    If Sheets(MySheet).Cells(x, 2) = "Filename" Then
    count = count + 1
    End If
x = x + 1
Loop Until count = 2
Set MyRange = Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & x - 1 & ":B" & LastRow)
count = 0
For Each c In MyRange
    If c.Value = "Filename" And count = 0 Then
        StartRow = c.Row
        count = count + 1
    ElseIf c.Value = "Filename" And count > 0 Then
        EndRow = c.Row - 1
        count = 1
       Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & StartRow & ":B" & EndRow).EntireRow.Copy
       Worksheets.Add
       ActiveSheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecial
      StartRow = c.Row
    End If
Next
End Sub

Mike

"bluewatermist" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm need your expert help.  In a worksheet I need to find the word
> "Filename" in column B, then cut rows until the next "Filename" word.  I need
> this looping to start from the 2nd "Filename" word.
>
> Upon highlighting rows I need to cut selected rows and add this to a new
> worksheet.  This needs to be done until all "Filename" words have been
> searched.
>
> I'm hoping this makes senses and that someone out there can help me.
>
> Many thanks
> Frederic
Hi Mike

I'm getting a run time error '9' subscrip of range for "LastRow"

LastRow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Cells.Rows.count, "B").End(xlUp).Row

Regards
Frederic

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Put this in a 'General' module and run it. It assumes the source data are in
> Sheet1 so change to suit
>
> Sub Lime()
> Dim LastRow As Long, count As Long, x As Long
> Dim StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long
> Dim MyRange As Range
> Dim MySheet As String
> MySheet = "Sheet1" ' Change as required
> LastRow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Cells.Rows.count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
> x = 1
> Do
>     If Sheets(MySheet).Cells(x, 2) = "Filename" Then
>     count = count + 1
>     End If
> x = x + 1
> Loop Until count = 2
> Set MyRange = Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & x - 1 & ":B" & LastRow)
> count = 0
> For Each c In MyRange
>     If c.Value = "Filename" And count = 0 Then
>         StartRow = c.Row
>         count = count + 1
>     ElseIf c.Value = "Filename" And count > 0 Then
>         EndRow = c.Row - 1
>         count = 1
>        Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & StartRow & ":B" & EndRow).EntireRow.Copy
>        Worksheets.Add
>        ActiveSheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecial
>       StartRow = c.Row
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>

> Mike
>
> "bluewatermist" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm need your expert help.  In a worksheet I need to find the word
> > "Filename" in column B, then cut rows until the next "Filename" word.  I need
> > this looping to start from the 2nd "Filename" word.
> >
> > Upon highlighting rows I need to cut selected rows and add this to a new
> > worksheet.  This needs to be done until all "Filename" words have been
> > searched.
> >
> > I'm hoping this makes senses and that someone out there can help me.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Frederic
Hi Mike

I'm getting a run time error '9', subscript out of range on "LastRow"

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Put this in a 'General' module and run it. It assumes the source data are in
> Sheet1 so change to suit
>
> Sub Lime()
> Dim LastRow As Long, count As Long, x As Long
> Dim StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long
> Dim MyRange As Range
> Dim MySheet As String
> MySheet = "Sheet1" ' Change as required
> LastRow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Cells.Rows.count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
> x = 1
> Do
>     If Sheets(MySheet).Cells(x, 2) = "Filename" Then
>     count = count + 1
>     End If
> x = x + 1
> Loop Until count = 2
> Set MyRange = Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & x - 1 & ":B" & LastRow)
> count = 0
> For Each c In MyRange
>     If c.Value = "Filename" And count = 0 Then
>         StartRow = c.Row
>         count = count + 1
>     ElseIf c.Value = "Filename" And count > 0 Then
>         EndRow = c.Row - 1
>         count = 1
>        Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & StartRow & ":B" & EndRow).EntireRow.Copy
>        Worksheets.Add
>        ActiveSheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecial
>       StartRow = c.Row
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>

> Mike
>
> "bluewatermist" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm need your expert help.  In a worksheet I need to find the word
> > "Filename" in column B, then cut rows until the next "Filename" word.  I need
> > this looping to start from the 2nd "Filename" word.
> >
> > Upon highlighting rows I need to cut selected rows and add this to a new
> > worksheet.  This needs to be done until all "Filename" words have been
> > searched.
> >
> > I'm hoping this makes senses and that someone out there can help me.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Frederic
Hi Mike

Sorry for the two same entries, I was having computer problems and couldn't
see the post at all.  Having said all that, please disregard this issue as i
have resolved it.

The other issue is that if there are only two "filename" words in the same
sheet, it doesn't seperate them into another sheet.

Many thanks
Frederic

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Put this in a 'General' module and run it. It assumes the source data are in
> Sheet1 so change to suit
>
> Sub Lime()
> Dim LastRow As Long, count As Long, x As Long
> Dim StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long
> Dim MyRange As Range
> Dim MySheet As String
> MySheet = "Sheet1" ' Change as required
> LastRow = Sheets(MySheet).Cells(Cells.Rows.count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
> x = 1
> Do
>     If Sheets(MySheet).Cells(x, 2) = "Filename" Then
>     count = count + 1
>     End If
> x = x + 1
> Loop Until count = 2
> Set MyRange = Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & x - 1 & ":B" & LastRow)
> count = 0
> For Each c In MyRange
>     If c.Value = "Filename" And count = 0 Then
>         StartRow = c.Row
>         count = count + 1
>     ElseIf c.Value = "Filename" And count > 0 Then
>         EndRow = c.Row - 1
>         count = 1
>        Sheets(MySheet).Range("B" & StartRow & ":B" & EndRow).EntireRow.Copy
>        Worksheets.Add
>        ActiveSheet.Range("A1").PasteSpecial
>       StartRow = c.Row
>     End If
> Next
> End Sub
>

> Mike
>
> "bluewatermist" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm need your expert help.  In a worksheet I need to find the word
> > "Filename" in column B, then cut rows until the next "Filename" word.  I need
> > this looping to start from the 2nd "Filename" word.
> >
> > Upon highlighting rows I need to cut selected rows and add this to a new
> > worksheet.  This needs to be done until all "Filename" words have been
> > searched.
> >
> > I'm hoping this makes senses and that someone out there can help me.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > Frederic

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

Help with text function
I need a function to help return the first name of a text sting that contains last name,first name, midlle initial. For instance for "Walker,Catrina L" I need to return "Catrina" Terrence Are you absolutely, positively certain that EVERY text string contains the sequence LastName, FirstName MiddleInitial? Cher, for example, ... .... or Jean Claude van Damm .... or Billy Bob Thorton If you can, without question, state that every text string has a single comma in it, placed between the LastName and FirstName (hmmm, what about John Doe, Jr. ... ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Report not applying selected parameter
I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is pulling from a dataset. when I preview the report I select the parameter from the dropdown list and click View Report yet the report does not filter based on the selected parameter. What am I missing? Can you post your query? -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "ahmed" <ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16D6269-7E84-4AD0-9D76-8C2EDEDFDD26@microsoft.com... > I have created an rdl file in vs2005 that has a string parameter that is > pu...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Node.text
Hi Making the switch to .net from VB6, and I noticed that the XMLNode object does not expose a text property. How do I write the text value of an element(vb6 - nod.Text = ....)? BTW I have googled may different combinations, and finding an answer to this is harder than it looks. I promise I am not being lazy Thanks Have you tried the InnerText property? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA21AC9-EE85-4C45-9D3F-C1BD4975D36D@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...

Find (but not find)

message with RTF in outbox disables rich text control?
i develop a VAR application that sends emails on behalf of the user (using outlook automation usually via outlook redemption). An increasing number of customers are coming up with an error (0x8000405 unspecified error) when same program tries to instantiate a richtext object while emails are still in the outbox (or in drafts folder). Or at least that is my initial diagnosis. The richtext component seems fine. It was used to create the message body of the original email and that email is sent ok. Subsequent attempts to use the richtext control will work once the outbox is ...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

Finding an event

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

problem with copy/paste macro
I want my macro to take me to Tools>Letters and Mailings>Envolopes and Labels...>Labels Paste the selected text in Address section continue to Options>Details and select the Number Down field. so far i have this: Sub Macro1() Selection.Copy SendKeys "%L%A" Selection.Paste SendKeys "%O%D%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show End Sub If you do it with mouse, it pastes the selected test in Addres section automatically. When running SendKeys "%L%O%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show it doesn't put the selec...

saving a copy of deleted records
I am writing a vb6 interface for an access database. I want to be able to delete records so they no longer register on the database but at the same time it would be good if all the deleted data was stored away somewhere - rather like the recycle bin in Windows. I would welcome suggestion on the best way to do this. Is there any standard way to do it? There are a number of related tables with 'Cascade Delete Related Records' set. Thanks Nod The easiest thing to do would be simply to add a checkbox to the table so that if you don't want people to see certain records tick it. D...

Copy command queue of past copies
Is there a way to call up and use a highlited copy of test that was copied in the past and isn't the most recent? If you have the Office Clipboard displayed, you can select among the last 24 items copied. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Joe Palazzo" <JoePalazzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5716FEFE-35E0-4B15-964B-3EDAAA315BED@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to call up and use a highlited copy of test that was copied > in > the past and isn't the...

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

cannot find database