Find Date in range and scroll down to next row

I have a sheet(1) frozen in A4.
Want a code to do the following:

Sheet(1)
Range(k:k)
If date = today
then select row
font.color. index = 15
scroll down to next row (next row and below visible).

How do I solve?

Do you want to simply loop through all the occupied cells in column K and
color the entire row if the date = today?  I don't understand the "next row
and below visible".  What is visible and what is not visible?  Post back and
provide more info.  HTH  Otto

"tomjoe" <tomjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a sheet(1) frozen in A4.
> Want a code to do the following:
>
> Sheet(1)
> Range(k:k)
> If date = today
> then select row
> font.color. index = 15
> scroll down to next row (next row and below visible).
>
> How do I solve?

0
Otto
2/18/2010 4:52:39 PM
Sorry for quick and bad explanation.
I have a workbook with 2 sheets.
I have frozen the rows in both sheets above row 4 (cursor in A4 >
window>freeze pane). The users works with both sheet1 and sheet2.
Both sheets are sorted ascending after dates. In sheet 1 column K, i have a
formula that look up the content (date) in sheet 2 column J and add 7 days.

Here is what I want the procedure to do:
When the workbook is saved by the user, I want the procedure to loop through
all the occupied cells in sheet1 column K and if there is one ore more dates
there that is identical with todays date or the date has already passed
(future), I want the letters in these rows (entire row) in both SHEET1 AND
SHEET2 (same row number as in sheet 1) to be shaded (greyed out) with
font.color. index = 15 and the sheets to scroll down so that the greyed out
rows are not visible. The rest of the rows (with future dates) must remain
visible.

I hope this helped.

--------------------------------------

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

> Do you want to simply loop through all the occupied cells in column K and
> color the entire row if the date = today?  I don't understand the "next row
> and below visible".  What is visible and what is not visible?  Post back and
> provide more info.  HTH  Otto
>
> "tomjoe" <tomjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a sheet(1) frozen in A4.
> > Want a code to do the following:
> >
> > Sheet(1)
> > Range(k:k)
> > If date = today
> > then select row
> > font.color. index = 15
> > scroll down to next row (next row and below visible).
> >
> > How do I solve?
>
> .

Find Duplicate names and delate

Range Equation
Please help, Thanks Sub Range_equation() Dim catalyst As Variant Cells(1, 3) = "=""ABC""" ' as given Cells(2, 3) = "568" ' as given catalyst = Range("C1:C2") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1)) = catalyst catalyst = "" ' My question is why do I need a catalyst to perform the following equation? ' Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1)) = Range("C1:C2") End Sub Hi! I dunno: but if you use Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1))...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Query in date range
Hello. Thanks for helping. I would like to create a query that will sum up expenses for various categories within a date range. I have created the query that sums the amounts, but I want it to use a high end of "Date()" or "Today()" and a low end date range that is the first day of the current month. Any idea if this can be done? Thanks, On Oct 31, 6:05 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Use This -- > Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND Date() > > Remember that Date() is as of midnight and will not return a record as...

Table Row Height and Column Width
Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher 2003? For instance, I want all the rows to be .25 inches high or 16 points high -- can I set this? No... You could create ruler guides. Right-click a ruler guide, click format ruler guides. You then can adjust your table rows by snapping to the guides. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lori T" <Lori T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2631297F-839A-4699-B4F6-45601B771E1A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to exactly set the row height and column width in Publisher > 2003...

Finding an event

Email in Outbox has Sent = NONE, No dates assigned, email not getting sent!!
Hi, I have a really wierd problem in that every email I try to send gets sent to the Outbox which is fine but it NEVER gets a Date assigned to it under the SENT column. It just says NONE?? With no date being assigned to it the emails never get sent out!! I have tried uninstalling and re- installing Outlook and it did not fix it. Thanks, Frank Outlook version? Do you have any addins installed? Open one of the messages, go to the Options dialog and make sure that the folder where the message will be saved after being sent is a valid folder. Then switch from the Outlbox to any othe...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Calculating Age of person on admission date
In cell A1 I have the admission date to a longterm care home- eg. 05/30/2001. In cell B1 I have the birth date - eg. 02/23/1924. Can some guru give me a calculation to put in cell C1 that will give me the age (in years) of the individual when they entered as a resident?? Many thanks in advance, Alan How exact do you need this? If you subtract birthdate from admission date you'll get an integer number of days between the two dates. If you don't need micrometer precision you could divide resulting days by 365, and derive a number of years. This method doesn't account for leap ...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Multiple date parameters
I have three queries: MonthlyAll, MonthlyShows, and MonthlySpots. My main form is built off of MonthlyAll. It's main purpose is to provide a list of cities in a single form view, so that I can scroll through the cities and view the corresponding data. The main form contains two subforms: MonthlyShows and MonthlySpots. The subforms are linked to the main form by city and display the respective shows and spots by date. My question seems simple enough: Upon opening the form, I would like to type in a single date range ("Between [] And []"); and view only those shows and ...

Updating the row source of a combo
Hello, I have a form which contains a comboBox representative of one of my fields. The options available in this comboBox are dependant on the other feilds for the current row. Therefore I use Form_Current to update the row source for the combo. The problem is that this update seems to happen too late. As a result, I sometimes have nothing in my comboBox's text box, even when I know a value should exist there. If I click in the combo's text box the correct value will then appear. How might I solve this problem. Thanks, Aine. On 28 May 2007 07:00:45 -0700, aine_canby@yahoo.com wrote...

List box (and queries) not sorting dates or showing correct headers
G'day all, I have inherited a system with a search function screen that is acting weird. There are actually two search screens, both constructed in a similar fashion, but the first does what it is supposed to do and the second is misbehaving. The form has a bunch of unbound controls allowing the user to enter search criteria. The only mandatory criteria is the sort order, which is set from a combo box. The data source for the combo box is a table, sys_GAPSSortBy, which contains a list of query names and a user- friendly label for use by the combo box. When the user clicks the "Searc...

Problem with Range

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...