Excel to Access - User needs Access installed?

Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data
into Access, can  this macro be used by a user without Access
installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared
drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC.
....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import
from Excel some Access info??
Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002.
Thanks in advance,
Cecilia
0
Chechu

Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite?
I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products
in different countries so It may depend on where you bought Office and
from whom you bought Office.

Excel uses the libraries in Windows\system32 folder (DLL's) to do
perform this function and it really depends on the DLL's that are
installed on a PC if reading/writing to a database is possible.

Checking the libraries that excel uses to read/write to Access is in
the OFFICE folder and is called MSACC.OLB, and to perfrom ADO function
excel uses MSADOXX.dll (the XX depends on the verion office installd).
I would do a search on the Microsoft Office Folder for these files to
get the exact answer.  It may depend also on the manufacturer of you PC
since different PC manuafactures install different variations of
microsoft procducts some may havve these installed an others may not.
It depends on the licensing agreements between the PC manufactures and
microsoft.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel
2/22/2010 11:34:50 AM
On Feb 22, 8:34=A0am, joel <joel.46s...@thecodecage.com> wrote:
> Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite?
> I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products
> in different countries so It may depend on where you bought Office and
> from whom you bought Office.
>
> Excel uses the libraries in Windows\system32 folder (DLL's) to do
> perform this function and it really depends on the DLL's that are
> installed on a PC if reading/writing to a database is possible.
>
> Checking the libraries that excel uses to read/write to Access is in
> the OFFICE folder and is called MSACC.OLB, and to perfrom ADO function
> excel uses MSADOXX.dll (the XX depends on the verion office installd).
> I would do a search on the Microsoft Office Folder for these files to
> get the exact answer. =A0It may depend also on the manufacturer of you PC
> since different PC manuafactures install different variations of
> microsoft procducts some may havve these installed an others may not.
> It depends on the licensing agreements between the PC manufactures and
> microsoft.
>
> --
> joel
> joel's Profile: 229
> View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=3D181=
365

> [url=3D&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com"]Microsoft Office Help[/url]

Thanks Joel for your answer!! All the users have corporate PCs, with
just Excel and a few have Access. But you mention a good starting
point, I will try it by researching more around the DLLs.
Thanks!
Cecilia
0
Chechu

Need help moving Outlook folder
I'm using Outlook 2002. My primary email account uses IMAP and I added it to Outlook using <Tools> <Email Accounts ...> <Add a new email account>. I noticed that Outlook created a file for this account in the directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook This file obviously contains the email that has been downloaded from my email account, since the file size grows and shrinks as mail is added or deleted. However, I would like to move this file from its default location to another hard drive. The reason is that the other ha...

Printing an Excel doucument

help needed, pls, with trusted sources
Hi - Using Outlook 2000 and XP Home- When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: There is a program trying to access, etc.. allow Y, N, x minutes...' Is there a way to set this as a trusted source? The latest version of this software does not supply a COM add-in, as it's supposedly not needed.... but, I guess something is needed.... Thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Uncle Vinnie, you wrote on Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:53:19 -0500: > When going to print dymo labels from Outlook, I keep getting the window: > There is a program trying to acce...

Newbie: How to Access Controls on a Dialog
I'm making my first stab at an MFC program. Basically a dialog box with some controls. I started out with basic edit boxes placed on the main dialog using the resource editor in VC++ (6.0). To set text, I have been using the SetDlgItemText(IDC_MYEDITBOX, "Sample Text"). Works fine. Now I working with Check Boxes. Okay, placed it using the dialog editor. Looked for some sort of equivalent to SetDlgItemText to check and uncheck the box using the control ID ("IDC_MYFIRSTCHECKBOX"). Nothing. Reading through Prosise's "Programming Windows with MFC"...

Windows Update

excel axes

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

Excel program

Need help to finish function....
Here is my function.... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($I$16,'[customers from caselle.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$G$710,5&6&7,FALSE)) I am trying to join text on a row in the 5th, 6th and 7th colums of workbook into 1 cell in another workbook, thus my guess of 5&6&7, which was a bad guess. Column 5 is the city, 6 is the state, and 7 is the zip code. I would like to pull it into one cell in the following format: city, state zip. What to I need to replace the 5&6&7 with to make this work? Thanks, Dan {5,6,7} Alan Beban Dan B wrote: > Here is my function.... > =IF(ISNA(V...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Need help on ouptput against range
Dear All. Please help on following problem I have 8 different range as stated below. Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B and so on.. Col A Col B ColC Start End Result 0 10 A 11 20 B 21 30 C 31 40 D 41 50 E 51 60 F 61 70 G 70 100 H Based on some input i want output based on result of above range. E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E or my input is 9 then putput should be A How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output. Please help me on this urgently. Regards Anoop -- anoop ------------------------------...

Excel number / date conversion

'BrowserPlus' installing itself with Yahoo Messenger
I realize this forum is for XP but maybe someone has experience with Yahoo Messenger. When I initially installed Yahoo Messenger 10, I noticed that something called 'BrowserPlus' had also been installed so I uninstalled it. However, a few days later, it 'installed' itself again so I deleted all traces of Yahoo Messenger and reinstalled it and 'BrowserPlus' has not installed itself since. 1. Does BrowserPlus 'automatically' install with Yahoo Messenger? 2. Is there an option during the install not to include it or does it have to be uninstal...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

My PC can't even boot after installing 12 Microsoft updates today
Like I have been doing in the past, I was asked today if I want to download 12 Microsoft updates for my home-edition XP platform during the shutdown, I went ahead to install them, and PC pwoered off after it. Later when I attempted to pwoer on, the OS was crashed and couldn't even get to the desktop. Can't run the safe mode either. I can not believe what happen to my PC today just install 12 Microsoft updates like I always do before. What kind of Microsoft updates that are available today????? HELP!!!! -- David See the "How to obtain help" section of htt...

Can't access my newspaper in Outlook any more
For years, I have been reading my daily newspaper via my Outlook. It is delivered daily via e-mail. Today, it was delivered via e-mail as alwys, BUT I was not allowed to open it. The message from Outlook says that it had been blocked and to contact my system administrator. Since I am using my home computer (as always!) I am wondering what gives. Does it have anything to do with the Outlook Connector items that were downloaded automatically sometime recently without warning. If you put the attachment on your desktop,can you open it then ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsg...

double line spacing using excel 2000