Excel 2007: Pivot tables "Invalid procedure call or argument"

Hi all

I'm having problems with pivot tables and coding that worked fine in
XL03 but is failing in XL07.  My code fails when I attempt to set the
CurrentPage.  I can manually change the CurrentPage to the value that
my code is attempting, and then the code works.  I can manually change
the CurrentPage back again to its original value and the code works
again.  It makes no sense why it's not working.

The line of code failing is this:

pt.PivotFields("Month").CurrentPage = CStr(12)

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia
0
Paul

FRX Report Launcher Error: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument
I am currently having an issue with receiving an error message when attempting to launch FRX Report Launcher. Error: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument. followed by OK FRx launcher will not Launch. I am able to launch FRx designer, and Drilldown viewer, just not launcher. The version of frx is 6.7.7032. We work in a citrix environment pointing back to a SQL server for Great Plains and FRx data. Any assistance would be appreciated as this is month end. -- Bonnie Pitchford Systems Accounting Manager Mercury Companies, Inc. There are multiple possibilities for an Error 5 Invalid p...

Frx and "invalid procedure call or argument"
Hi, I am running Frx 6.7 in a TS environment. When I generate a report (using 'Financial and Account' detail level) the report generates to DDV but if I try and drill down to any lines detail, or export the detail to excel then I get an "invalid procedure call or argument" error. This problem exists for all of my 12 reports I have tried. I have checked my column headings and these do not overlap or have reverse numbering. Please advise Thank you Neil Hi, I resolved this myself - it was due to the option 'Sort GL Accounts By' being marked on the Report Opti...

POS- Invalid procedure call or argument-URGENT
newly installed RMS POS 2.0 it was working fine now if i'm trying to open POS i'm getting this error and the POS wont start. I'm getting the same error when starting the client, SO is working no problems This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A85_01C7720C.72FE9750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dani, Need more info, but did you install as an Administrator? =20 Have you tried running a repair install or install on top of itself? Did it run through the registration process? --=20 Je...

Run-Time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument
Good Day: We are configuring RMS for retail shop - when paying for purchase by check, as soon as we click on the "OK" button we get an error that says "Run-Time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument". The only optioin that can be selected is the "OK" button which then shuts down RMS. Because we have never seen this work, we think that it is at a point where the journal printer is trying to print verbiage on the back of the check - however, you cannot hear any "release" noise coming from the printer (Epson TM-U325). We have trie...

runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or argument
hi! We had successfully generated the frx report in drilldown viewer with no errors. However, when we export it to excel the error 'Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure call or argument' appeared. I have checked the formats and there's nothing wrong with it. It is FRx 6.5 with the latest service pack installed (sp7). Hope someone can help me. Thanks, Mel ...

Excel 2007: Pivot tables "Invalid procedure call or argument"
Hi all I'm having problems with pivot tables and coding that worked fine in XL03 but is failing in XL07. My code fails when I attempt to set the CurrentPage. I can manually change the CurrentPage to the value that my code is attempting, and then the code works. I can manually change the CurrentPage back again to its original value and the code works again. It makes no sense why it's not working. The line of code failing is this: pt.PivotFields("Month").CurrentPage = CStr(12) Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia ...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Invalid Procedure Call or Arguments
Hi, I got this error ("Invalid Procedure Call or Arguments") when run this code: 'Delete drawing files Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set fld = fs.GetFolder(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\") Set rsc = dbs.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblDrawings WHERE ID=" & tempItemID, dbOpenDynaset) rsc.MoveFirst Do While Not rsc.EOF If Dir(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\" & rsc!DrawingFile) <> "" Then fld.Files(pubWorkingDir & "Drawings\" & rsc! DrawingFile).Delete True ...

Invalid procedure call or argument
I am running an MS Access 2003 application managing a clinical practice with similar front end databases containing the code on the PC of a clinician and that of his secretary and the backend on a server to which both are linked. One of the functions is to generate letters in Word from clinics on a specified day. This procedure has worked without any problems for a year or so and continues to work on the clinician's PC. However, when the secretary activates the procedure it gets to a certain point before hanging with the error message above. The procedure is a long one but the bloc...

5 Invalid Procedure Call or Argument
Hi, I have some VBA code that scans through some remote servers and reads backup logs. It works well, except when it scans one particular server, then I get the following error: 5 Invalid Procedure Call or Argument It does not ask me if I want to debug the code so I have no idea what is causing this. To make matters worse, I hardcoded the server that has this problem so that the VBA code only processes this server (but does it many times over). If I run it via the debuging window and step through the code, press F8 it processes this server over and over perfectly. If I run the code...

Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error message. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up? Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie Backup. I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self [X-post to OE General] The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago. You should only be using OE Quick Backup now. Docster wrote: > Run-time error 5:Inval...

"Invalid procedure call or argument". Error Integration Manager
When i tried to run IM.MDB that run perfectly before appears a error message says "Invalid procedure call or argument". Under Details it says "Source: CBOMLib.StandaloneRecordset.IPersistVariant_Load", "Message: Invalid procedure call or argument", "Number: 5". It then says "Call Stack:" and lists 9 more lines of code. I checked the info on KB 859435 and i have full permision on the file, in fact the file is saved on my local disk C I really appreciatte your help. Thanks ...

Run-time Error 5 "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument"
I have been having a recurring problem with this error, which is occurring on several lines of code in serveral databases at work. What is most strange is that the code always runs without error on my computer, but it does on other ones. Now it’s popping up on our brand new laptop for a new database I’ve recently created which again, has been working perfectly on my computer. We have done numerous comparisons between the other computers and mine – same versions of Access, same service pack updates, (2003 SP3) same version of Visual Basic, same Library References, same version ...