Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.

I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in
several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts,
etc. on any worksheet.

My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the
main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in
the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in
an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't
naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's
process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is
to close Excel.

I have googled and searched this forum, but have found no expanation
or solution. I did see one promising thread that showed similar
symptoms when a worksheet cell was selected and then a shape was
selected. There was a snippet of code in that thread that caused the
text to flicker, but it would stop.

When this happens Excel consumes all of one of the dual core
processors on my computer. (50% total)
Also there is usually remnants of the user form in the dropdown box of
the formula bar.

Can any one help? I have O2007 SP2 installed.
0
dbKemp

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Filter to select from various fields on opening a form
I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field); DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field). At the same time, I want the option not to select anything in each of these fields. Please could somebody give me the steps to do this. I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database. Thank you for any help. I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say becau...

Printing an Excel doucument

Newbie: How to Access Controls on a Dialog
I'm making my first stab at an MFC program. Basically a dialog box with some controls. I started out with basic edit boxes placed on the main dialog using the resource editor in VC++ (6.0). To set text, I have been using the SetDlgItemText(IDC_MYEDITBOX, "Sample Text"). Works fine. Now I working with Check Boxes. Okay, placed it using the dialog editor. Looked for some sort of equivalent to SetDlgItemText to check and uncheck the box using the control ID ("IDC_MYFIRSTCHECKBOX"). Nothing. Reading through Prosise's "Programming Windows with MFC"...

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Error opening form
Hi, I am trying to open a form from a switchboard and I get this error message: "MSACCESS exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I restart the computer and it's fixed. but it keeps happening. Does anyone know the solution? I have Microsoft Office 2000 thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 There are many, many things that could be causing this. Work through the list in this article: Preventing corruption ...

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

version excel

Can't access my newspaper in Outlook any more
For years, I have been reading my daily newspaper via my Outlook. It is delivered daily via e-mail. Today, it was delivered via e-mail as alwys, BUT I was not allowed to open it. The message from Outlook says that it had been blocked and to contact my system administrator. Since I am using my home computer (as always!) I am wondering what gives. Does it have anything to do with the Outlook Connector items that were downloaded automatically sometime recently without warning. If you put the attachment on your desktop,can you open it then ??? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsg...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...