Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.

I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in
several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts,
etc. on any worksheet.

My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the
main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in
the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in
an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't
naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's
process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is
to close Excel.

I have googled and searched this forum, but have found no expanation
or solution. I did see one promising thread that showed similar
symptoms when a worksheet cell was selected and then a shape was
selected. There was a snippet of code in that thread that caused the
text to flicker, but it would stop.

When this happens Excel consumes all of one of the dual core
processors on my computer. (50% total)
Also there is usually remnants of the user form in the dropdown box of
the formula bar.

Can any one help? I have O2007 SP2 installed.
0
dbKemp

outlook 2007 runs slow

Formula help... #3
In column A there are cells with team names in them like the following: NYY NYY NYY @OAK @OAK @OAK BOS BOS BOS @TEX @TEX @TEX I would like column B to list all the team names without the @ symbol and column H to list all the teams with the @ symbol. For the example I would like column B to have NYY NYY NYY BOS BOS BOS =COUNTIF(A:A,"@*") and =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>@*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135965C4-7523-47AB-88DE-D0B12B652CD5@m...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Error when opening spreadsheet
When this spreadsheet opens I receive the following error. Microsoft Excell cannot find 'FG_INV_VAL_4_12_01' ON '2003 Inventory Tracking.xls' This is a spreadsheet I have been using for a long time. There is a macro on the inventory sheet with the same name as in the error message. However I can find no reference to it in the spreadsheet I am trying to open. How do I debug this error to find the cause? ...

Send & Recieve on open
This isn't really a problem so much as an annoyance. Due to some other issues, I recently decided to reformat and reinstall everything. Before, whenever I opened Outlook, it would automatically retrieve all my emails as soon as the program was launched. Now, after the reinstall, when I open Outlook, it will just sit there until I actually click the "Send and Recieve" button. Anyone have any idea what may have changed, or how to force it to check automatically again? thanks We might if you posted your Outlook version, mail account type, and the connection type for that a...

can't open file #3
I recently saved a file, when i wanted to open it nothings comes up. I dont know if the file is corrupted, i tried to recover but it didnt work. The last time i used was two days ago, and enter some data and saved it as usual, i dont know what's going on. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Alicia, You don't say which version of Excel you're using. 2002 and 2003 can repair damaged workbooks in some situations. Try File - Open, and look for a drop-down in the "Open" button. If you have it, try "Open and repair." Try opening it in a later version. Em...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Opening a new instance of Excel

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Wrapping clipart around text
When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of doing the same in Publisher 2000. -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie On the toolbar there is a hand holding a script. This is the wrap tool. Select the object, select the tool. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shazza" <shazzalowe@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:474A689F-DC18-4545-A73B-1E2CDDB34633@microsoft.com... > When i word i can wrap my text around my pictures is there any way of d...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Countif formula between numbers
I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between 100 and 125. The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100") why is this not working??? This has been asked about a dozen times today. Homework assingment? =sumproduct((rngA>100)*(rngA<200)). modify to suit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D44A5E6-ECAB-441D-B9D8-409D23D0369E@microsof...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.