Excel 2003 vsto 2005 vb.net - ThisAddIn_Startup problem

Hello,

I have an add-in that works well and executes the me.startup event perfectly
when Excel is started manually.

If Excel is started by double clicking an .xls file, the add-in fails to
start and becomes disabled.  The xls file then loads.  I can re-enable the
add-in and it executes me.starup fine.

I found that when I strip much code back in me.startup the add-in can start
sucessfully when double clicking an .xls file to open Excel.

There does not appear to be any 'offending code' that causes the problem, it
appears to be more along the line of timing.

Thanks for considering this problem.

You need to isolate the problem futher.  There can be differences in how
a macro is executed based on how th e file is opened.  For example, the
active sheet may not be the same.  Hre are some suggestions

1) Change you security level to medium t make sure the security level
is not set to high where the macro will not run

2) Change your error handling to Stop on all errors.  You may be
skipping over some errors that will give you a clue to your problem

VBA menu - tools - OPtions - General - Error Trapping - Stop on all
Errors

3) Comment out all your On Error statements so the code will stop on
the error and tell you where the error is occuring

4) To help isolate the problem Add STOP statements in the code.  You
can press F5 to continue past the stop statement.  I usually debug
problems that occur when workbooks are opened by placing STOP at the
beginning of the workbook open macro.  Then see if the problem still
occurs.  Then add more stops until I isolated the problem.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel

CList problem: double entries...
I'm having trouble workin with a simple CList: the function always adds the first element twice and I don't know why. also, the later added elements do not appear immediately in the list, but only on the next function call... here is the code: ---------------- CList<CASystem, CASystem> AllCAS; CASystem *GetCreateCASystem(int ID) { bool bFound = false; CASystem *pCAS = NULL; // check if AS list exists if(AllCAS.IsEmpty()) { // create new AS pCAS = new CASystem; pCAS->ID = ID; ...

Printing an Excel doucument

Beware apparent Tax Estimator problem in M+
The Tax Line Manager shows a "tax category" (my term for lack of a better name--these are kinda cryptic like budget groups) called "State taxes" as being associated with Schedule A. I have a category "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year" associated with "State taxes". Tax Line Manager shows amounts from transactions categorized as "Taxes : State Income Tax - previous year". So far so good. And there it stops. Tax Estimator doesn't add the amounts from this "State taxes" tax category into the "Deductible Taxes"...

Can�t open some mail in Exchange 2003
Hi! I�m using exchange 2003 and Outlook 2000 and 2003 I have some mail that I can�t open, I get the error "Can�t open this item, The operation failed." I can view, delete or take backup on the mails. I have tried to resote an old backup, the I get two mails with the exact same name, I can open the restored mail, but still not the orginal. How can I delete the bad mails? Is their a tool to check all the mailboxes for errors in Exchange 2003. Best regards Joakim Sweden ISINTEG will help you. Make sure that you have usable backup before you start. Jocke wrote: > Hi! > &g...

Windows Update

excel axes

unable to open outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi , i'm unable to open my Outlook 2003 , it gives error = message as "cannot start microsoft office outlook 2003,unable to open = the outlook window. the set of folders could not be opened . the server = is not available " plz help me to fix this issue With Regards, Ramesh.C ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5B4B8.538D04A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"...

Excel program

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Offline Defrag of Exchange 2003 not representing database size cor
I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to database size. My database should be 15Gb smaller than the actual database size. When I run eseutil the defrag completes successfully but doesnt change the file size. The online defrag run correctly but only free up 10-15Mb. Any suggestions? What makes you think it should be 15GB smaller than it is? Nue "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8047F0C-D1DE-49B4-96AD-4F8B572CF381@microsoft.com... >I have Exchange 2003 Sp2 installed. I need to do an offline defrag due to >...

Error Message When opening Excel

Hey /w VB Code...
I had this code to switch my view every hour to the Outlook main screen; but it no longer works /w Outlook 2003 - can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Dim iHour Private Sub SwitchView() If Hour(Now) <> iHour Then Dim ctl As Office.CommandBarControl Dim cbpop As Office.CommandBarPopup Dim cb As Office.CommandBar Set cb = Application.ActiveExplorer.CommandBars("Menu Bar") Set ctl = cb.FindControl(ID:=5599, Recursive:=True) ctl.Execute iHour = Hour(Now) Set ctl = Nothing Set cb = Nothing End If End...

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

Outlook 2003 #28
Will Outlook 2003 allow install on one owner, two machines (desktop and Laptop), or do you have to purchase 2 copies? Dick ...

version excel

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000