Dynamic worksheet selection using messagebox

On the opening of an excel file with a number of worksheets named as
follows:

FDC
Packs
Covers

I would like the following to occur:

    1. A selection list of the current worksheet names (these may
change so I want this to be dynamic) to be displayed in some kind of
message box (radio buttons, listbox,any method would do).

    2. On selecting one of these and pressing OK, a Microsoft file
selection window will be displayed ( this is to allow me to pick up a
file of raw data from a folder)

    3. When a file is selected and OK is pressed, the sheet selected
will become the selected sheet and I will then perform some sheet
specific code using the raw data to build a report in this worksheet.
I realis this aspect will need to be hardcoded as I will need to
recognise the worksheet selected via VBA code to run the correct code.

I would love any help on this, including any simple example code that
I can tailor.

Thanks

Mark
0
stainless

I just found this in my library of code; may get you started:
Sub BuildTOC()
  'listed from active cell down 7-cols --  DMcRitchie 1999-08-14 2000-09-05
  Dim iSheet As Long, iBefore As Long
  Dim sSheetName As String, sActiveCell As String
  Dim cRow As Long, cCol As Long, cSht As Long
  Dim lastcell
  Dim qSht As String
  Dim mg As String
  Dim rg As Range
  Dim CRLF As String
  Dim Reply As Variant
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  cRow = ActiveCell.Row
  cCol = ActiveCell.Column
  sSheetName = UCase(ActiveSheet.Name)
  sActiveCell = UCase(ActiveCell.Value)
  mg = ""
  CRLF = Chr(10)  'Actually just CR
  Set rg = Range(Cells(cRow, cCol), Cells(cRow - 1 +
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count, cCol + 7))
  rg.Select
  If sSheetName <> "$$TOC" Then mg = mg & "Sheetname is not $$TOC" & CRLF
  If sActiveCell <> "$$TOC" Then mg = mg & "Selected cell value is not
$$TOC" & CRLF
  If mg <> "" Then
     mg = "Warning BuildTOC will destructively rewrite the selected area" _
     & CRLF & CRLF & mg & CRLF & "Press OK to proceed, " _
      & "the affected area will be rewritten, or" & CRLF & _
      "Press CANCEL to check area then reinvoke this macro (BuildTOC)"
     Application.ScreenUpdating = True  'make range visible
     Reply = MsgBox(mg, vbOKCancel, "Create TOC for " &
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count _
      & " items in workbook" & Chr(10) & "revised will now occupy up to 10
columns")
     Application.ScreenUpdating = False
     If Reply <> 1 Then GoTo AbortCode
  End If
  rg.Clear      'Clear out any previous hyperlinks, fonts, etc in the area
  For cSht = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol) = "'" & Sheets(cSht).Name
     If TypeName(Sheets(cSht)) = "Worksheet" Then
        'hypName = "'" & Sheets(csht).Name
        ' qSht = Replace(Sheets(cSht).Name, """", """""") -- replace not in
XL97
        qSht = Application.Substitute(Sheets(cSht).Name, """", """""")
        If CDbl(Application.Version) < 8# Then
          '-- use next line for XL95
          Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 2) = "'" & Sheets(cSht).Name  'XL95
        Else
          '-- Only for XL97, XL98, XL2000 -- will create hyperlink & codename
          Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 2) = "'" & Sheets(cSht).CodeName

          '--- excel is not handling lots of objects well ---
          'ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol), _
          '  Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & Sheets(cSht).Name & "'!A1"
          '--- so will use the HYPERLINK formula instead ---
          '--- =HYPERLINK("[VLOOKUP.XLS]'$$TOC'!A1","$$TOC")
          ActiveSheet.Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol).Formula = _
            "=hyperlink(""[" & ActiveWorkbook.Name _
            & "]'" & qSht & "'!A1"",""" & qSht & """)"
        End If
     Else
       Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 2) = "'" & Sheets(cSht).Name
     End If
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 1) = TypeName(Sheets(cSht))
    ' -- activate next line to include content of cell A1 for each sheet
    ' Cells(cRow - 1 + csht, cCol + 3) =
Sheets(Sheets(csht).Name).Range("A1").Value
     On Error Resume Next
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 6) = Sheets(cSht).ScrollArea '.Address(0,
0)
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 7) = Sheets(cSht).PageSetup.PrintArea
     If TypeName(Sheets(cSht)) <> "Worksheet" Then GoTo byp7
     Set lastcell = Sheets(cSht).Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 4) = lastcell.Address(0, 0)
     Cells(cRow - 1 + cSht, cCol + 5) = lastcell.Column * lastcell.Row
byp7: 'xxx
     On Error GoTo 0
  Next cSht

  'Now sort the results:  2. Type(D), 1. Name (A), 3. module(unsorted)
  rg.Sort Key1:=rg.Cells(1, 2), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=rg.Cells(1, 1) _
      , Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlNo, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, _
      Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
  rg.Columns.AutoFit
  rg.Select           'optional
  'if cells above range are blank want these headers
  ' Worksheet,   Type,    codename
  If cRow > 1 Then
     If "" = Trim(Cells(cRow - 1, cCol) & Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 1) &
Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 2)) Then
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol) = "Worksheet"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 1) = "Type"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 2) = "CodeName"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 3) = "[opt.]"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 4) = "Lastcell"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 5) = "cells"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 6) = "ScrollArea"
        Cells(cRow - 1, cCol + 7) = "PrintArea"
     End If
  End If
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True
  Reply = MsgBox("Table of Contents created." & CRLF & CRLF & _
     "Would you like the tabs in workbook also sorted", _
     vbOKCancel, "Option to Sort " & ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count _
     & " tabs in workbook")
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  'If Reply = 1 Then SortALLSheets  'Invoke macro to Sort Sheet Tabs
  Sheets(sSheetName).Activate
AbortCode:
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
Ryan---

"stainless" wrote:

> On the opening of an excel file with a number of worksheets named as
> follows:
>
> FDC
> Packs
> Covers
>
> I would like the following to occur:
>
>     1. A selection list of the current worksheet names (these may
> change so I want this to be dynamic) to be displayed in some kind of
> message box (radio buttons, listbox,any method would do).
>
>     2. On selecting one of these and pressing OK, a Microsoft file
> selection window will be displayed ( this is to allow me to pick up a
> file of raw data from a folder)
>
>     3. When a file is selected and OK is pressed, the sheet selected
> will become the selected sheet and I will then perform some sheet
> specific code using the raw data to build a report in this worksheet.
> I realis this aspect will need to be hardcoded as I will need to
> recognise the worksheet selected via VBA code to run the correct code.
>
> I would love any help on this, including any simple example code that
> I can tailor.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
> .

Give this a go:
Sub GoToSheet()
myShts = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
For i = 1 To myShts
myList = myList & i & " - " & ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name & " " & vbCr
Next i
Dim mySht As Single
mySht = InputBox("Select sheet to go to." & vbCr & vbCr & myList)
Sheets(mySht).Select
End Sub

--
Ryan---

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> [...]
> > Packs
> > Covers
> >
> > I would like the following to occur:
> >
> >     1. A selection list of the current worksheet names (these may
> > change so I want this to be dynamic) to be displayed in some kind of
> > message box (radio buttons, listbox,any method would do).
> >
> >     2. On selecting one of these and pressing OK, a Microsoft file
> > selection window will be displayed ( this is to allow me to pick up a
> > file of raw data from a folder)
> >
> >     3. When a file is selected and OK is pressed, the sheet selected
> > will become the selected sheet and I will then perform some sheet
> > specific code using the raw data to build a report in this worksheet.
> > I realis this aspect will need to be hardcoded as I will need to
> > recognise the worksheet selected via VBA code to run the correct code.
> >
> > I would love any help on this, including any simple example code that

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:28:03 -0800, ryguy7272
<ryguy7272@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Give this a go:
>Sub GoToSheet()
>myShts = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
>For i = 1 To myShts
>myList = myList & i & " - " & ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name & " " & vbCr
>Next i
>Dim mySht As Single
>mySht = InputBox("Select sheet to go to." & vbCr & vbCr & myList)
>Sheets(mySht).Select
>End Sub

 Or do it without code via a simple drop down list that references to a
table of your desired selections, which would be a hyperlink to the
selected sheet.
0
CellShocked

Calendar and Folder Sharing Using Groups
We are running Exchange 2000 in mixed mode and are trying to share calendars and folders using group permissions. In order to assign group permissions do these groups need to be global security groups? When we try to give permissions to a universal distribution group, using Outlook 2002 SP2, we get an error message "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." I believe you'll need to be in native mode to do this. Note, however, that this would be best posted in m.p.exchange.admin as it isn't an Outlook issue. Jeff Martin wrote: > We are ...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Trying to write a formula that changes which worksheet to used
I am trying to write a formula that uses a different worksheet in the current workbook depending on the value from a lookup result and/or the direct entry of a worksheet name in one cell. For instance, if my lookup result is November, I want to pull information from cells on the November worksheet, if December, information from the December worksheet, etc. This way, all I have to do is change the lookup value and/or the entry to get different results based on the appropriate worksheet. This is useful in repetitive activities using the same layout but different numbers. Any help would...

what is wrong with the code / which event to use
i have an command button over an openup form to open an another form, i want the form to enable and disable under conditions (1) whenver specified textboxes not filled /wrong data used (2) whenever typed data deleted how to get through this please i used, event form current() if isnull(text1) then msgbox("fg") command1.enable=false elseif isnull(condition2) theb msgbox("gh") command1.enable=false else command1.enable=true but the command1 is getting disabled but not getting enabled again? Balu, Try like this.....

Format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 decimal plac #2
Hi, Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)? The problem I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations up or down while the acounts package does. I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate to 2 decimal places. Thanks, Phill. yes it is possible. select the whole sheet ...

Comparing two worksheets
I need to compare two worksheets to derive the accurals of purchas orders and invoices. I can find the lines and copy them if they are actually in just one of the worksheest. My problem is that I am searching for invoice numbers whiere the same number can appear more than once on both worksheets and in some instances the invoice will only be partly paid so there is a difference in the values in the purchase order side caompared with the same invoice numbers in the Invoice side. I need to be able to capture the difference and put that difference into the accurals worksheet. I tire...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Using Formulas with Charts
I have a chart that references cells with the following formula =if(a1="","",a1/a2). The formula is used for each month Jan-Dec. I would like to copy the formula across all months. When I do this my data point show as zero for months that have not happened yet. What can I do to not show a line on the chart for a data point with a "" or null value? Thank you, Sandy The cell with the formula isn't blank, and "" does not produce a blank. There is not a formulaic way to simulate a blank, but for many cases, a line chart or XY chart will treat...

Sorting tables on protected worksheets
How do we configure our worksheet so that we can turn protection ON, but still enable the table filter buttons in order to sort columns in a table? No matter what settings we select for protection, including the sort and auto-filter options, we cannot sort tables on a protected sheet. What is the secret to allowing table sorts on a protected sheet? Generally one has code to unprotect, code to do the sort, then re-protect. By "tables" do you a real Table created by Insert>Table? I can provide code that turns off protection when you click inside a Table. Clic...

Outlook Address Book closes while using mouse
Windows XP (SP3 all patched up) with Outlook 2003 Version 11.8217.8221 SP3 with Exchange Server. Hello all, A couple weeks ago the following started to happen in Outlook AND Publisher 2003. No other programs experience this. First of all Outlook. If you open outlook and then click tools then address book and then click the drop down box under "Show Names from the:" and choose an address book from there with the mouse, Outlook closes up with an error signature: Appname: outlook.exe Appver 11.0.8217.0 AppStamp: 480f95d9 ModName: user32.dll ModVer 5.1.2600.5512 ModStamp: 48...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Making a "Cheque" by using report.
I have a data base storing: -Date -Client -Buy_Currency -Buy_Amount -Sell_Currency -Sell_Amount -Remark ----------------------- I'd like to produce cheques by using reports. so i'll have arrange the format first right ? I'd like to have one page per transaction, what can i do to achieve my object ? Thanks a lot, dear experts! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Unless your description is incomplete, you'll have to redesign your database first. You need a unique field so that you can group your cheque details. Date isn't suitable, you may write more than one cheque ...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

Outlook 2000 Selecting a user profile to use when Outlook starts
I am able to do this using Outlook 2003 (see http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HP052423751033&CTT=4&Origin=CH063565691033) but can it be done with 2000 WITHOUT setting up a new computer user? Right now Outlook 2000 brings both my email account into the same inbox. What I want Outlook 2000 to do when it opens is to first ask me which profile I want to load. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find a solution other than creating another User on my computer and then signing on as them. This is a hassle though because I have to keep changi...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Using Extender to open an existing GP window when in another GP wi
We use GP 10.0 and also own Extender. When I attended an Extender session at Convergence last year, I seem to remember we were told it is possible to use Extender to add a link to a GP window to open another GP window. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, when in a customer card, I would like to be able to click on the "Additonal" tab up the top and select the window: Field Service - Inquiry - Contract Administration - Contracts by Customer Inquiry. Thanks for your help. You could only open GP windows using the Extender. I do not think there is a way to open up other...

Sorting protected worksheet
Is there any way to sort a protected worksheet? I looked thru the posts here and found where someone said to create a macro that unprotected the sheet, then sorted the data, then protected it again. I tried that, but everytime I try to create the macro I get this error "Project Locked - Project is unviewable". Any suggestions? If the workbook is shared, you won't be able to unprotect it. Perhaps that's the problem. Phyllis wrote: > Is there any way to sort a protected worksheet? I looked > thru the posts here and found where someone said to create > a m...

create a slides show with excell spreadsheets using excell
I would like to create slides in excell from my existing datasheets. I do not want to copy to another program. Is this possible? ...

Deleting Worksheet
Hello.. When in a macro, i delete a worksheet, it pops up a message asking fo confirmation to delete the worksheet.. is there any way i can stop tha message from coming up and delete it ... ? shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27335 hi Application.DisplayAlerts = False Worksheets("yourworksheet").Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = True when you turn alerts off,...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...