downloaded/uploaded sheet not reading data.

worksheet created from downloaded data. when clicking on cells with
data, format cell option not available. macros wont recognize data as
data either. some data is words and some numbers. any way to convert
entire page format to the appropiate text & numbers?

Could be any number of reasons, some of which are addressed in your previous
posting.

TRIM,  CLEAN can get rid of some extras.

Non-breaking spaces due to HTML will not respond to Trim or Clean.

Do an Edit>Replace for  Alt + 0160

Enter the 0160 on the numpad.

Could be linefeeds like 0010  or 0013

Chip Pearson has a neat little add-in utility called CellView which shows
you what is in your cells.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.aspx

Before you go there.........try this macro

Sub Remove_CR_LF()
With Selection
..Replace what:=Chr(160), replacement:="", _
     lookat:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
..Replace what:=Chr(13) & Chr(10), replacement:="", _
     lookat:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
..Replace what:=Chr(10), replacement:="", _
     lookat:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
    End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:24:37 -0800 (PST), "J.W. Aldridge"
<jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote:

>worksheet created from downloaded data. when clicking on cells with
>data, format cell option not available. macros wont recognize data as
>data either. some data is words and some numbers. any way to convert
>entire page format to the appropiate text & numbers?

0
Gord

Transferring info between Excel sheets ??? I'm stumped......!!
Hi folks........... It's time for me to turn to you experts.........cos I'm lost on this one......... I have a need to transfer information from one excel sheet to another.......sounds simple but only a select amount of information if the preceding information meets a specific criteria.........that comes as no surprise........... At least I'm only looking at solving the challenge of transferring information on the second and third rows in each sheet. ****** From a sheet that we can call "July Orders" ...if the customer reference number which is already in Column C cel...

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

Pulling data into Excel "Too few Parameters"
When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few Parameters. Expected 1." How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? Thanks! On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:30:10 -0700, tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote: >When I pull data from Access into excel using the external source >function, it always brings back an error message of "Too Few >Parameters. Expected 1." > >How can I remedy this so that the data comes out? > > >Thanks! Sounds like you're pulling the data from Access...

Converting 2002 data to later version
Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Anyone? Regard, Dingo In microsoft.public.money, Dingo wrote: >Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say >incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Money cannot open a version localized for another country. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Dingo" <rodeb69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:L9Qkc.7404$TT.2351@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004...

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

opening up an english excel sheet onto a french verions
I am trying to open up an excel workbook which was created on an english version of excel onto the french version. for some reason al the "EDATE" functions don't work unless I retype them in small caps. Does anyone have a clue why that happens and how to do a general update rather than having to retype all these functions? thanks. p ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

access data base
is there any one know: web sites for access application to download to learn from this data base many code examples can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/ And, sample applications can be found here: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com It isn't free software. Pretty much any online software store will sell it to you. "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uCtTpgb0HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > is there any one know: > web sites > fo...

distribution group read resipients
I have distribution group. If someone from internet sends message to that group (using smtp address of group), then he receives read recipient for each group member. How can I filter sending read recipients sending on group basis. I want to turn it off for this group but keep it for other mailbox users? thanks Dragan Skundric dragan.skundric@bj.htnet.hr Hi Dragan, Open the distro Group | Exchange Advanced | Select "Do not send delivery reports" Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Dragec" <use_adress_...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Cancel Read Only
Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. "Kutty" wrote: > Please tell me how to delete read only in msexcel. I need read/write. Go to the Review tab and unprotect the worksheet. ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Read HttpWebRespponse by XmlTextReader throws XmlException: Root element not present
I'm trying to read response from a web server using XmlTextReader. Here's a code snippet. WebResponse rs = this.WebRequest.GetResponse(); Stream stm = rs.GetResponseStream(); XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader(stm); reader.XmlResolver = null; // no DTD/schema, high perf while (reader.Read()){ switch (reader.NodeType){ default: Debug.WriteLine(string.Concat( reader.NodeType.ToString(), ": ", "<", reader.Name, ">", reader.Value)); break; } } and data on the web is like this:...

Combined all data from other workbook
Please help !!! I have time attendance and i have given to all of our branches in remote area's then i give all deffirent file name fo every files ( BRANCH1.XLS, BRANCH2.XLS ... etc.. ) but very difficukt to check one by one then we have 25 branches and 150 employee's . how can i simply this. Anyone can help about this... Thankssssss jeff This code combines data from all worksheets in all workbooks in a folde to as single sheet. You may need to adapt it. :- Code ------------------- '=============================================== '- Generic code for processi...

Chart data table
In Excel 2003, the data tables that applied to charts would word wrap the x-axis labels if they were too long. This doesn't seem to be occuring in Excel 2007. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't shrink the text too much because it has to be legible and the chart can only be so big because it has to fit on a powerpoint slide. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! ...

Using Excel OS 9 to connect to a WAN data source
Hi All Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm in a real pickle. Basically I have Excel/Query 98 running on a Mac OS 9 machine with Microsoft's Merant ODBC 3.5.1 software patch as the ODBC connectivity software. If I try to connect the above locally (ie using the LAN) to an SQL 2000 DB on my Win2000/SQL 2000 server, Excel/Query connects in seconds after I enter the password and shows me the Query layout from which I can pick my tables. However if I go into my ODBC DSN and change the Server Name and Server Address to the WAN ip of my Win2000/SQL 2000 server, Excel/Query seems to freeze fo...

data fill problem
Hello to everyone! I would like to know if there is the way to do the following: - to achieve dropdown list in cell (names of the firms, for example), and when user select one of the firm, other cells get filled with data, like adress of the firm, number of account etc. During past week I spent a lot of time by my computer to solve this problem, but without any results. If anyone can help I would be thankful! Andrew. On one sheet A B C 1 Comp Add Acct 2 C1 A1 #1 3 C2 A2 #2 4 C3 A3 #3 5 C4 A4 #4 6 C5 A5 #5 In cell A10 use "Data" -> "Validation" and set i...

record sheet row order, then restore to that point
There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in any cell may change. The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed sheet to a scratch sheet. Thank you Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row. then sor tby ...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...