Display ranges from one worksheet to another

I am running excel 2003.  I have been given the task
of creating a workbook where on one main sheet
I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other
worksheets based on the user selection.

The ranges are work weeks and we want to be
able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource
planning.  Can someone point me in a
direction where I can find a way to do this?

Thank you.
0
Opal

Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am running excel 2003.  I have been given the task
> of creating a workbook where on one main sheet
> I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other
> worksheets based on the user selection.
>
> The ranges are work weeks and we want to be
> able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource
> planning.  Can someone point me in a
> direction where I can find a way to do this?
>
> Thank you.

0
JLGWhiz
11/16/2009 9:29:28 PM
Hmmm...

I was also wondering about using OFFSET
in my named ranges and using a scroll bar
to advance by week......

0
Opal

Dual Displays

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Folder could not be displayed

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

Select Range (VBA) with Numeric Variables
Using Excel 2003 Need help using my variables below to select a myRange that represents one Row by "UsedRange" columns wide. I want to insert the Range in the loop below but I do not know how to Code the information into Range.Select compatible formula. I did not include the "Dim" statements below. Sub Replace() myRowNumber = ActiveCell.Row myColumnNumber = ActiveCell.Column myLastColumn = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Column - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count For myColumnNumber = 1 To myLastColumn On Error Resume Next ' Set myRange = Intersect(ActiveShee...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

More than one cell is selected when I left click. Why?
I have an Excel 2007 worksheet. When I left click on a cell, instead of that cell having a box around it, the selection box is around that cell and 5 others under it. And when I try to select a row, that row and five below it are selected. How do I fix this? I'm betting that you have merged some cells. This gives the appearance of a giant cell. Rightclick on that cell Format|cells|alignment tab|uncheck merge (select all the cells on the worksheet first to get get rid of all these merged cells) womusic wrote: > > I have an Excel 2007 worksheet. When I left click on a cell,...

Select column range in VB?
Hi - I am using MS XL 2002 and I have created a macro that inputs data to a specific cell. I want the macro to input this data in a range of cells; the data should be input into all the same row cells in column A, providing there is data in the same rows in Column B. For example, it should look at column B, realize that there is data in all cells B2:B121 and input the data into cells A2:A121 I am not concerned with the inputting of the data, it is specifying the range of cells to be affected that I am having trouble with. Hope that is clear enough...... Thanks! Alan Sub demo() Dim r As...

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

Display or not display series

when open workbook, change existing link to another workbook
Upon opening a workbook, I would like the file to immediately automatically change the current existing link (which varies depending on where the user saves the workbook) to another location/workbook (which varies same reason as before). I do not know how to retrieve the existing link information and change it to the new location but I do have the new location declared and ready to use. Any help I would be most grateful Kind regards chrissie. If you're prompted to update links when you open it, you could answer no and then use Edit|links to change them. If you answer yes to upda...

If statements that look for a date range
Help!!! I am trying to look at an ActiveCell and determine if it is in a certain date range from the current date to 180 days prior and then complete an action. Any suggestions? Brian, You cannot look at the activecell with a formula as that would be circular. You could use this in say B1 =IF(AND(A1>=TODAY()-180,A1<=TODAY()), "do something", "do something else") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian Roberson" <Brian.Roberson@bellsouth.com>...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...