Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes

I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at
runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many
tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that
allows users to "select all" checkboxes.

Code Example:
Dim SheetCount As Integer
Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet
Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet
Dim cb As CheckBox

Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet
Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add

'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here

If SheetCount <> 0 Then
        If PrintDlg.Show Then
            For Each cb In PrintDlg.CheckBoxes
                If cb.Value = xlOn Then
                    Worksheets(cb.Caption).Visible = True
                End If
            Next cb
        End If
    Else
        MsgBox "There are no hidden worksheets!"
    End If

Selecting rows from various sheets #2
Thanks for the reply Frank, but unfortunately it's a bit over my head. Something simpler would be better. I've managed to create a column that has unique values of all the identifiers. So now all I need to do, is compare the unique identifier with the other sheets and extract the data from the other columns on each sheet. Cheers Shav -- shav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11980 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266657 Hi w...

Actively select cells/ranges/sheets and Paste Link
Hello: What I am trying to do is select the cells or range on a sheet that I am interested in, then paste link on a different sheet. All the selections should be variable (I mean not be hardcoded). Thanks, pl_hlp Something like this: Sub YetAnotherTry() Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range Set r1 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="select copy area", Type:=8) ady1 = r1.Address Sheets("Sheet2").Select Set r2 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="select destination cell", Type:=8) ady2 = r2.Address Sheets("sheet1").Select Range(ady1).Select Se...

Select an e-mail item
Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to select an e-mail item with the Outlook API (or Windows API). I'm looking for EITHER one of the following: - Select an item based on mouse position - Select an item when right-clicked, without showing the context menu - Select an item when control+right clicked. Right now I have some code that shows my menu: If wMsg = WM_RBUTTONDOWN Then If wParam = (MK_CONTROL Or MK_RBUTTON) Then GetCursorPos MousePos XPMenu.ShowMenu MousePos.x, MousePos.y Exit Function End If End If XPMenu being a class that I...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

select a range of pages to delete in MS Publisher
Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks that deleting one (or two pages if you are in the two-page-spread view) is obnoxiously time-consumming. There should be a dialog box that lets you choose which pages to delete. In the help files, it even tells you that it is best to delete four pages at a time, but you still have to delete pages one or two pages at a time. This is ridiculous! Hope someone will consider fixing it in the next releas.e ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Select query help
I have tblLog. It's fields are: Call: text Freq: single Mode: text CID: text QSL_R: text Credited: T/F I need the SQL to return all records where 'Credited' is false, 'QSL_R' <> NULL or blank, and whose combination of 'Freq' and 'Mode' for a given 'CID' have 'Credited' = false, but not if that record has a 'mate' whose 'CID', 'Freq/Mode', 'QSL_R' all match, and 'Credited' is True. I'm not sure if my description is understandable, so here is an example. Call Freq Mode...

database query select the "top record" only
good afternoon All, I would like to know the SQL to select only the "top" record of a query sorted by date/number or operation of numbers e.g. max of date, min of stock, etc so I only retrieve the first and most important value instead of a set of several values. here below an EG from a query I use every day: SELECT pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr FROM beth.pordtl pordtl GROUP BY pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr HAVING (pordtl.pdtiid I...

Excel keeps selecting cells automatically
Hello, Sometimes when I open any workbook and click on any cell on a worksheet and I release the mouse button and move it, then excel continue selecting cells automatically, it works as if the button was pressed. I've tried to click any other key like Esc on the keyboard, but it doesn't work. So I have to terminate the program with the task manager, and restar my computer. Maybe it could be a memory problem, but I don't know. I Hope you can help me!! I have a laptop dell pentium III 847 Mhz, 384 RAM, Windows XP Prof V 2002 SP 1, Office 2003 TIA Vic Sounds like a laptop issue...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...

Need help with SELECT please.
SQL2005/2008. I have a #stageaddr table and need to compare the address with AddrData table and return the loannum and correct adddress fro AddrData table. The trick is #stageAddr has a lot of garbage data which I import from Excel. Here is the business rules below and desire results as well. Any help would greatly appreciate. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#AddrData', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #AddrData GO CREATE TABLE #AddrData ( LoanNum VARCHAR(10) NULL, PropertyAddr1 VARCHAR(60) NULL, PropertyAddr2 VARCHAR(60) NULL ...

Checkbox checked then show more checkboxes
I have added checkboxes from Control Toolbox and they seem to work fine. I just want to make one of them lets say checkbox3 to show more checkboxes when checkbox3 is marked. How do I do that? I'd add them all to exactly where I wanted them. But then have the "master" checkbox just unhide/hide the others. Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox3_Click() Dim ShouldBeVisible As Boolean ShouldBeVisible = CBool(Me.CheckBox3.Value = True) Me.CheckBox1.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox2.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox4.Visible = ShouldBeVisible ...

Excel blows up when selecting a formula
When trying to select a userdefined function Excel blows up.Even when I try to expand the combobox it blows up. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks, Carl CJS, Excel, in certain situations, goes nuts with user-defined functions. But you need to say more about where the UDF is called, and what it has to do with a combo box. And what kind of combo box. What exactly does "select a userdefined function" mean. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "CJS" <csadlier@vodavi.com> wrote in messa...

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

How I get CheckBox state on a Sheet.
I want put a lot of checkBoxs, SpinButtons... on a Sheet. In VBA project, how I get these CheckBoxs state by its name? Thanks. Cactus Sub findCheckBoxState() Dim chkState As Boolean chkState = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("Checkbox1").Object.Value MsgBox chkState End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Cactus [������]" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:%23Z5YkDG%23EHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I want put a lot of checkBoxs, SpinButtons... on a Sheet. > > In VBA project, how I get these...

Business Portal : cannot select Item, Vendor, Account
Business Portal (2.5) >> Employee >> Purchase Requests >> New Request >> New Item User can open the selection windows for Item Number, Vendor, Account. After selecting, back to the Add Item window, there is nothing shows up in these fields. If I login to the same PC, I don’t have the problem. So, it is not the PC issue. In my company, only two users have this problem. Does any one know how to solve this problem? Thanks. Sam ...

Select Email Adress using Check Box
Hi all, I am currently configuring a form in Access 2003 and have hit a dead end. I require users to be able to select multiple e-mail adresses using a check box and then export them into the "To:" adress bar in a new Microsoft Outlook e-mail message using controls (i.e. check box, export button), found on the form. I have already configured a simple "on-click" event in which users simply click on the email adress they want to mail to, but this only works for one email adress at a time and opens a new message for each adress selected. In order to use th...

Formatting previous selection
After selecting a cell (or range) i wish to be able to 'click' on another cell , say A1, and the formatting of the previously selected range to be changed, such as the interior color. The idea is to speed up / automate the formating of the selected range. Any ideas? Try the following worksheet event macro: Dim oldSelection As Range Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If oldSelection Is Nothing Then Set oldSelection = Selection Exit Sub End If oldSelection.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Set oldSelection = Selection End Sub Because it...

CheckBox #2
I have a sheet with a checkbox in column A and a value in column B. There are about 30 rows of this data. The user selects the items they want to view and I run VBA code based on their selection. I want to turn the checkboxes on and off within VBA but can't figure out what each checkbox is named and how to reference it in VBA code. I just need to do something like: CheckBox13 = True Checkbox 99 = False like in Access Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance. Is ActiveSheet.CheckBox13 = True what you need ? Regards.. Daniel "PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft...

Change checkbox defaults
I am trying to change the default values of the checkboxes on the Select Checks screen for the Automatically Apply section. I have tried putting the code what seems like everywhere, but it doesn't run. If I run it manually it works, but it doesn't seem to run on its own. Where should I put this code to have it work? Thanks!! Have you tried changing the value in the 'after open' event? Willoware software also has this functionality as one of a group of 'tweaks' to GP that they sell for $500 (total, not per user). They have a lot of cool things for very li...

Cant find dialogsheet
Hi I have macro created by someone else I have there a user form with some buttons and I wish to edit it in case to add new buttons. The problem is that I cant find it in user form tree. All what I have found is line in code: DialogSheets("start").Show What makes this user form visible. How can I find this "start" form ? regards Peter Peter, You will probably find it on a dialog sheet, which may be hidden (Format>Sheet>Unhide), not in the VBE. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Piotr" <hokah@wp.pl> wrote in ...

Counting Selected Dates
In a separate cell I want to count each unique date in the following column of dates starting with cell x700. The answer would be three. I could use a little help with this, thanks. 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 Hi Jim One way would be to use a helper column. In cell Y700 enter =IF(X700="","",IF(COUNTIF($X$700:X700,X700)>1,"",1)) Copy down as far as required and then the result is =SUM...

Create Checkbox and link to relative Cell
Hi, I have a script that I am using that creates a checkbox in a range but am having problems trying to create this for the relative cell and linking this to a relative row cell, i.e. if the current cell is R16 create a checkbox and link the value to S16. Sub CellCheckbox() Range("R15").Offset(1, 0).Select For i = 1 To 50 'add the checkbox ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(646.5, 203.25, 24, 17.25).Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Check Box 1212").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "" With S...