Delete all rows except...

I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except
for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column
A cells:

AWH98228 and AWL99467

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks
0
joshman

Try this:

Sub RemoveRows()
With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End With

LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1
    If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _
        And Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWL99467" Then
          Rows(r).Delete
    End If
Next
With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = True
    .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End With
End Sub

Regards,
Per

"joshman" <joshfarnsworth@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except
> for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column
> A cells:
>
> AWH98228 and AWL99467
>
> Can anyone offer help?
>
> Thanks

0
Per
3/1/2010 2:45:46 PM
Hi,

If these 'rows' only appear once then it shouldn't be too onerous to do it
manually so I'm assuming there are many instances. This will delete all rows
except those that have either of thos string in column A

Sub Sonic()
Dim R As Range
Dim V As Variant
Dim S As String
Dim CopyRange As Range
Set Sht = Sheets("Sheet1")'change to suit
lastrow = Sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
S = "AWH98228,AWL99467"
V = Split(S, ",")
For Each R In Sht.Range("A1:A" & lastrow)
    If IsError(Application.Match(CStr(R.Value), V, 0)) Then
       If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
                Set CopyRange = R.EntireRow
        Else
                Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, R.EntireRow)
        End If
    End If
Next R

If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
CopyRange.Delete
End If
End Sub

--
Mike

question.

"joshman" wrote:

> I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except
> for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column
> A cells:
>
> AWH98228 and AWL99467
>
> Can anyone offer help?
>
> Thanks
> .

Use Auto Filter

Select all cells with data (in column A) including AWH98228 and AWL99467
values
Turn On Auto Filter
Click on the filter down arrow button
Select Number Filters - Custom Filters

Displays the Custom Filter Input Box
Show rows where:
does not contain   AWH98228
and
does not contain   AWL99467

click OK

highlight the rows displayed - right click Delete Row

Turn off Auto Filter

and you are left with AWH98228 and AWL99467 rows

HTH,
--
Data Hog

"joshman" wrote:

> I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except
> for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column
> A cells:
>
> AWH98228 and AWL99467
>
> Can anyone offer help?
>
> Thanks
> .

Pivot Table row comparison
I'm trying to compare an old customer schedule with their new schedule and highlight the changes with colour or by hiding a row. My pivot table looks like this Prod Sched wk1 wk2 wk3 A old 3 2 3 A new 3 4 3 B old 2 2 2 B new 2 2 2 So in the above example I'd like to colour the cells for wk2- Product A in yellow, and hide the product B rows as there has been no change in demand. Can someone give me some advice about how to do this Thanks for your help Ross How about an alternative??? Your raw data looks kind of like this: Prod Sched wk# qty...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

Delete macros

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Having trouble with extra rows at the bottom of the doc
How do I delete the extra rows at the bottom of a doc. I have inherited a document that has 60 rows of data and 3682 rows of empty cells that have the boarder set. When I select and delete them, new ones reappear. I have turned the cell boards off and it still creates empty cells with the boarder. Is there any way to delete these rows? -ken Ken, Are you selecting and then deleting and then saving? HTH, Andy Ken Excel has a habit of retaining "used" cells way beyond where you are currently working. On a worksheet hit CRTL + END to see where you wind up. If far below and...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

#Deleted

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

Put data rows per sheet
I have an Excel workbook with 2 sheets. One of them is for data entering (e.g. rows: employee's name, ID#, working dates, fee etc.) and the other presents that data among other constant value cells (e.g. name of company, titles of columns, place for signatures etc.). What I want is when data in the presentation sheet reach at 22 rows to be automatically continued to the next page of the sheet. So, each printed page will always shows 22 rows of data with the constant data ABOVE and BELOW of these 22 rows. Thanks, Hi not fully automatic but try the following two macros (assumption: row 1 ...

To delete or not to delete
....and that is the question. I was presented with a rather interesting problem this morning. I wanted to manipulate the main menu in my SDI application...simple problem, simple solution: CMenu *pMenu = GetMenu(); // do whatever I need to do with the menu... Now here is the stumper of it all...what do I do with pMenu now? At first I thought that I should call delete on it, however after much thought and many questions later I realized that you should in fact NOT delete pMenu. Here's why: Since pMenu was not explicitly created by you, you do not own it. You are simply creating a point...