date of JPG photo file which is taken

hi,

i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write
the date of JPG file which is taken

to excel sheet.

how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.

I mean the date of taking photo

thanks

0
iso

Go here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/

Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to
your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA).

Example usage:

Sub Tester()
Dim exif As New ExifReader

 exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG"
 Debug.Print exif.Tag(DateTimeOriginal)

End Sub

Tim

"EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>
> to excel sheet.
>
> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>
> I mean the date of taking photo
>
> thanks

0
Tim
12/5/2009 8:54:04 AM
Hi,

To see how you can extract the EXIF data for all jpegs in a foilder to an Excel file, go to:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=618967&st=0&p=618967&#entry618967
and download the attachment there, plus the dll at:
http://members.cox.net/foxbat121/exifview.html

--
Cheers
macropod

"EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qtSLpXdKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> hi,
>
> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write the date of JPG file which is taken
>
> to excel sheet.
>
> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>
> I mean the date of taking photo
>
> thanks

0
macropod
12/5/2009 9:48:28 AM
Thanks,it hleps

"Tim Williams" <timjwilliams@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Go here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/
>
> Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to
> your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA).
>
> Example usage:
>
> Sub Tester()
> Dim exif As New ExifReader
>
> exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG"
> Debug.Print exif.Tag(DateTimeOriginal)
>
> End Sub
>
> Tim
>

> "EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
>> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>>
>> to excel sheet.
>>
>> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>>
>> I mean the date of taking photo
>>
>> thanks

0
iso
12/7/2009 8:49:03 AM
Thanks,it hleps
"macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> To see how you can extract the EXIF data for all jpegs in a foilder to an
> Excel file, go to:
> http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=618967&st=0&p=618967&#entry618967
> and download the attachment there, plus the dll at:
> http://members.cox.net/foxbat121/exifview.html
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "EXCEL NEWS" <youngmanca@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>>
>> i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to
>> write the date of JPG file which is taken
>>
>> to excel sheet.
>>
>> how can i get the date  VBA property of which  is taken at cite.
>>
>> I mean the date of taking photo
>>
>> thanks

0
iso
12/7/2009 8:49:12 AM
You can use the Input Textstream functions in Exel VBA to read the data
in JPG files and pick out the Picture Taken Date.  I have created an
excel workbook with this <a
href="http://www.ipi-international.co.uk/IPI%20Backup.zip">function</a>.
 You can copy the code from there if you wish. It seems that there are
some differences in the time when looking at the Picture Taken Date
using Explorer on a Vista system.

--
ipi-paul
ipi-paul's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1819

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
ipi

Cannot open files in Word
I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a window encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I pick the document cannot be read.Thank for any help Frank Neither can anyone else. A Publisher file cannot be opened in Word. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E348233B-B3F0-4CC9-9606-1640F454A88D@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a >window > encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I > pick the doc...

How do I Email photos?
I am unable to email photos from My Pictures (Microsoft Office 2003). I have the option to email but when I try the message I get is "This email has not been sent" and there is no means to send it. Why? Have you set up an e-mail account within Outlook? If not, then there is your answer. If you have already set up an e-mail pop3 account, are you able to successfully send and receive regular e-mails? -- Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com "Cathie" <Cathie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016ED596-5039-4A37-AF07-54344F9C8EBD@microsoft.com.....

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

pdf file #16
I wanted to place newsletter on website. Newsletter is pub file but I converted it to pdf file. Problem is that pdf file is large and I am having difficulty uploading it to website. Also I am having difficulty viewing file in Adobe Acrobat reader once it is uploaded because I am dial-up user. Person with DSL has no problem. What do you recommend for file size for file to be placed on website? Although I know high resolution pictures is better for printing, I may optimize the pictures in the pub file before I convert it to pdf. Publisher does not have resampling tool like FP does it? ...

how to save fixed format text file
I have an Excel file which is 269 characters wide. I need to save this file in fixed format but experience line wrap when using the PRN file type. Anyone have an answer to my problem? You might have to use a macro to get the result you want. See if Chip Pearson's text export macro does it: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",20),20) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",10),10) & TEXT(C1,&...

dynamically recreated file that can be deleted (.ncb)
do you know which files you can delete from your project when problems occurs (Visual C++ exit abruptly)? I know the .ncb can be deleted, is there is other file that are dynamically recreated on opeing projects? tons of thanks Mathieu Mathieu, See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ dnvsgen/html/msdn_worksp.asp File extensions under "Local Files to Keep Out of a Source Code Control System" -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message news:oWL1b.4316$PJ2.412123@news20.bellglobal.com... > do you know wh...

strange date format problem

vbs script to list files in a directory and email results
Hi. Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\mydata) and e-mail details of what files are in that directory, the details needed are file names, date modified and size. Anyone got any sample scripts ? Thanks "systemtek" <duncan@systemtek.co.uk> wrote in message news:8c076e3d-9231-452b-8700-fd6227eb9bc8@y12g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a > script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\...

How to sort by name then date?

CFileDialog : no prompt for wrong file extension.
hi Priyanka here. i am creating a CFileDialog box.my application has its exention as ..TPL. Now when i am saving a file with any other extension, like abc.exe or abc.doc or something like this, i want the dialog should prompt me for the wrong extension. i did it manually. but here, the dialog is getting disappeared and i have to open it again. People are suggesting to append the extension after the file name(ie. make it abc.exe.tpl). But i dont want the user should specify any dot, in the file name, which is considered as a part of filename. Please help. Thanks and regards, Priyanka Here is...

if statement with dates #2

Edit Chunk file
Hello, I have a chunk file from a exiting vendor. I would like to see what changes were made by importing the chunk file. Is there a way to view the changes? Greg While it is possible to rename a copy of a CNK file as a DIC file and open it, I don't believe it will be all that helpful. As this is an extracted dictionary, it will not have any of the DYNAMICS.DIC resources and so will show lots of missing and [Not Found] resources. Also, it is unlikely that the source has been left in the chunk as it is normal practice for the source code to be stripped. So... you will be able to...

Counting Dates?

FoxPro Files Too Large for Excel?
I am attempting to open .DBF files in Excel that contain over 300,000 Rows of information. Excel will only display 65,536 Rows. When I open the document in Notepad, I can view the missing information, but all the formatting is gone. Is there a way to open up the large document to spill over onto multiple spreadsheets? I would appreciate any suggestions, even recommendations for other software to use for this situation. xl cannot exceed 65,536 rows, Quattro can take more though. May be worth looking to see if you really need to bring the data int xl as the alternatives are Access and ru...

Lost xls file
I worked on a Excel file in Outlook and closed it, saved the changes at the prompt and later went looking for it. I cannot find it. I believe it went into a "OLK" folder. I have tried all manner of searches and can only locate 5 xls files on my whole HD and I easily have 100+. What am I doing wrong? Rich When you open any attachment in Outlook, Outlook needs a location to store the file--it has to unencode the file into its original format. Outlook uses the Temporary Internet File folder to hold those files. You may want to start saving them to your favorite location (rightcl...

An expression for dates from and to

Problem with jpg attachments
This is really an outlook item, but that msnewsgroup has been out to lunch for the past several days. I have posted this message there about 6 times, and it has never even appeared as a listing. I would really appreciate any comments on the jpg thing- constructive preferred :-) thx Dave I have 2 comps on separate ISP accounts. Occasionally, we sent a message from one to the other, via the ISP All of a sudden, however, we find that we cannot send messages either way if there is a jpg attachment. The outgoing message starts out properly in the Outbox, then moves to Sen...

Convert .pub files into .jpeg
I am using Publisher 2000. My publication has been created exactly as I want it. What is the best method for converting my publication into a jpeg file format? Select all, copy, paste into Paint or like program and save as. Later versions of Publisher have the option to save as an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Silly Lobo" <Silly Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:864F6463-C66E-44B6-A7F4-74CB8667D606@micro...

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...