Custom Function for Pivot Table

Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a
pivot table?  For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write
a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available
functions?

I don't think Pivot tables work like that, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, why
don't you do this outside of the Pivot Table.  Create a helper column for
your weighted average and do the calculation there.  Do a little research on
the Getpivotdata function:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052091071033.aspx

--
Ryan---

"Stratuser" wrote:

> Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a
> pivot table?  For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write
> a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available
> functions?

pivot table data range
I am creating a pivot table in one excel file and pulling the data source from another excel file. The problem is the name of the data source file changes every month to coordinate with the new reporting month. For an example, the name goes from this: datasource 403.xls, to this: datasource 503.xls. How can I enter the range name of this file without manually changing the date in the range? Can I use a cell reference in the name range, which I have tried unsuccessfully? Help Dawn 1. Can't you just use Edit/Links ? 2. Could try Edit/Replace. 3. I have files with daily name chang...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

Custom toolbar and macros

Word Form Send To function dropping activeX controls
Hey all...new to the forum but i have a question i hope can be answere here. I work in a large Telecom/IP/Voice network managment center and we hav recently implemented a "network report" that needs to be completed b each shift telling the next shift what the overall health of th network, and alerting the next crew to any potential issues. Problem is this. I have 3 checkboxes at the top of the form t indicate what shift the form is for. We edit the form in Word and the file>send to mail recipient, and the text shows up but the check boxe are gone. If i send as attachment the...

Finding Min In Calculated Pivot Table Formula
I didn't have much luck on another list, so I thought I'd try this one. Any thoughts on the below would be appreciated. I have a pivot table with a calculated field for which the equation is [Sum of Dollars / Count of Instances]. So in turn I'm rendering the average cost for a list of items in a group. The table is set up such that each column contains a week number and the rows contain a list of items within a grouping. For example, I might be listing average cost of apples, oranges, and peaches for each week under a grouping called fruit. The next grouping is bread, where I...

toolbar customization

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

EOMonth function
Is there an equivalent function to EOMonth in xl2003 or a formula that will get me the same result? Hi Where it would have been =EOMONTH(start_date,months) use =DATE(YEAR(start_date),MONTH(start_date)+months+1,0) -- Regards Roger Govier Ayo wrote: > Is there an equivalent function to EOMonth in xl2003 or a formula that will > get me the same result? Hi, If you load the analysis toolpak you have EOMONTH in e2003 but here's an alternative non ATP method. Chane the 1 after the month to change the month =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) -- Mike When competi...

Preserve Pivot Format
I'm currently testing out Office 2007 for my company (we currently use 2003) and I've run into a couple of questions regarding pivot table formatting. 1. In 2003, when I told a pivot table to "preserve format," it actually worked. For example, I have a page field in which the text gets very long. I'd like to have it "taller" and with wrapped text. In 2003, I changed that field to "all", set my formatting, and refreshed the pivot - worked great, the cell stayed as formatted. In 2007, I have "Preserve cell formatting on update" checked. I rep...

DYNAMIC TABLE LAYOUT
Hi, Everybody, I have a dynamic table that looks like this: A B C 1 Contry State Sales 2 Brasil SP 50.000 3 RJ 40.000 4 MG 30.000 5 Peru Lima 20.000 6 Cusco 10.000 7 Machu Pichu 5.000 The thing is I would like to have it with the field 'Contry' duplicated in every line or simply like this: A B C 1 Contry State Sales 2 Brasil SP 50.000 3 Brasil RJ 40.000 4 Brasil MG 30.000 5 Peru ...

Customer Report

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...