Copying a variable nuimber of rows

 I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from
worksheet A to worksheet B.  My problem is how do I define a variable number
of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed?  I do not want to copy
any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the
code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated.  John

Try

    With Activesheet

        if LastRow > 10 Then

            FirstRow = LastRow - 9
        Else

            FirstRow = 1
        EndIf

        .Rows(FirstRow).Resize(LastRow - FirstRow).Copy
        'then paste it wherever
    End With

--

HTH

Bob

"FinMan@Sussex" <FinMan@Sussex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from
> worksheet A to worksheet B.  My problem is how do I define a variable
> number
> of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed?  I do not want to copy
> any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the
> code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated.  John

0
Bob
5/11/2010 10:21:01 AM
Hi,

Try this, you need to change srcsht and dstsht to the correct sheet names

Sub copyrows()
Dim LastRow As Long
Set SrcSht = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set DstSht = Sheets("Sheet2")
LastRow = SrcSht.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row
SrcSht.Rows(WorksheetFunction.Max(2, LastRow - 9) & ":" & LastRow).Copy _
Destination:=DstSht.Range("A1")
End Sub
--
Mike

question.

"FinMan@Sussex" wrote:

>  I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from
> worksheet A to worksheet B.  My problem is how do I define a variable number
> of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed?  I do not want to copy
> any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the
> code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated.  John
Just out of curiosity, what would be the problem in copying blank lines
along with your data lines (in the case when there were less than 10
completed lines)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"FinMan@Sussex" <FinMan@Sussex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to copy the most recent 10 rows (excluding the header row) from
> worksheet A to worksheet B.  My problem is how do I define a variable
> number
> of rows if there are fewer than 10 lines completed?  I do not want to copy
> any blank lines. I am fairly new to VBA and am struggling to work out the
> code for this so any help will be gratefully appreciated.  John

0
Rick

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

Grouping Rows
I need to group a bunch of rows but I am having some problems. The code lines below works great: Rows("5:8").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I need to group these rows 12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30. I tried Rows("12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I get and Overflow error message. When I tried Me.Rows("12:12,14:14,16:16,18:18,20:20,22:22,24:24,26:26,28:28,30:30").Select Selection.Rows.Group I get a Type mismatch error message. What am I doing wrong? HI The 'Rows' object obviously do not ac...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Secondary Copy

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

subtotal copy and paste

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Extra row in CTE
Hi, I have a table (#qed_missing_quarters) with the following rows in it: row_num quarter_end_date 1 2002-09-30 00:00:00.000 2 2002-12-31 00:00:00.000 3 2003-03-31 00:00:00.000 4 2003-06-30 00:00:00.000 5 2003-09-30 00:00:00.000 And I have the following code as a test to traverse across the table: ;WITH qed_missing_values(row_num, quarter_end_date) AS ( SELECT row_num AS [row_num], quarter_end_date AS [quarter_end_date] FROM #qed_missing_quarters WHERE row_num = 1 UNION ALL SELECT a.row_num + 1, a.quarter_end_date FROM #qed_missing_quarters AS a INNER JOIN ...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...

everything I copy from explorer end up green in Excel How can I c.
How can I change this to copy the actual colors from the html file ??? "Sacs" wrote: > ...

Copy to Clipboard from Excel 2003
Hi, I run Office 2003. In Excel, I consistently have problems with copying information from cells. The following happens: - I select a numeric cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "cannot empty the clipboard". Item does not appear on clipboard " - I select a text cell and do a ctrl+c, message from Excel "an error occured while trying to retrieve information from another program. Try working with your message again". When I OK this message, it appears one more time and when I OK a second time, the item is placed on the clipboard. I do run a very useful app call...

When copying an item, quantity should not be copied
Whan an item is "copied" to make a new item, the Quantity should not be copied (just like "Balance Due" is not copied when a customer is copied) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/New...