Copy Filtered Data

I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13
with headers and having a variable ending row.  My filter criteria is
Column 1 not blank and Column 11 ="s".  I would like to copy the
filtered date (No headers) to another work book beginning in BE3.
Thanks!
0
sailor4life61

Hi,
Once the data is filtered, highlight it, press CTRL + G, special, visible
cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want the information
and press CTRL + V

On Mar 25, 11:59=A0am, Eduardo <Edua...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> Once the data is filtered, highlight it, press CTRL + G, special, visible
> cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want the informatio=
> and press CTRL + V
>

> "sailor4lif...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13
> > with headers and having a variable ending row. =A0My filter criteria is
> > Column 1 not blank and Column 11 =3D"s". =A0I would like to copy the
> > filtered date (No headers) to another work book beginning in BE3.
> > Thanks!

Programtically?
0
sailor4life61
3/25/2010 5:31:18 PM
On Mar 25, 1:31=A0pm, "sailor4lif...@yahoo.com"
<sailor4lif...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 25, 11:59=A0am, Eduardo <Edua...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > Once the data is filtered, highlight it, press CTRL + G, special, visib=
le
> > cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want the informat=
ion
> > and press CTRL + V
>
> > "sailor4lif...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > > I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13
> > > with headers and having a variable ending row. =A0My filter criteria =
is
> > > Column 1 not blank and Column 11 =3D"s". =A0I would like to copy the
> > > filtered date (No headers) to another work book beginning in BE3.
> > > Thanks!

> Programtically?

Sub FilterCopy()
With Columns("A:AJ")
    .AutoFilter Field:=3D1, Criteria1:=3D"<>"
    .AutoFilter Field:=3D11, Criteria1:=3D"s"
    .Copy
    .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
        Destination:=3DWorksheets("Sheet2").Range("BE3")
End With
Application.CutCopyMode =3D False
Cells.AutoFilter  ''turn off autofilter
Worksheets("sheet2").Range("BE3").EntireRow.Delete  'to remove copied
header row
End Sub
0
Jef
3/25/2010 7:19:52 PM

> Sub FilterCopy()
> With Columns("A:AJ")
> =A0 =A0 .AutoFilter Field:=3D1, Criteria1:=3D"<>"
> =A0 =A0 .AutoFilter Field:=3D11, Criteria1:=3D"s"
> =A0 =A0 .Copy
> =A0 =A0 .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Destination:=3DWorksheets("Sheet2").Range("BE3")
> End With
> Application.CutCopyMode =3D False
> Cells.AutoFilter =A0''turn off autofilter
> Worksheets("sheet2").Range("BE3").EntireRow.Delete =A0'to remove copied
> header row
> End Sub- Hide quoted text -

This does not work.  It filters the data but does not copy to the new
sheet.

My question is a little more indepth than first posted.

I am opening a set of files, filtering the data and copying the
filtered data back to the original file.  I have the routine for
opening the files and copying other data functioning correctly.  Its
just the piece of running the filter and copying that data to the
basebook that I cannot get.  All help is appreciated.

0
sailor4life61

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

subtotal copy and paste

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Comparing two columns of data and Highlighting the Differences
I have values (mix of text and numbers)in column A and B. Each cell value in column B is also in column A. I want to highlight (Change Fill color to Red) for example) all those cells in column A that are also present in the column B. Any help writting a Macro will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Harapa No macro needed. Select Column A's Data. Use Format/Conditional Formatting. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" Assuming A1 is the active cell, enter this formula: =NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$500,0))) click Format, click Patterns tab, select Red fill patte...

Import data from Parameter Query
I am trying to import data into Excel from a parameter query in Access. I keep getting a message "Too few parameters". I have tried supplying the parameter information via the filter in the import wizard but this did not work. I want to avoid removing the parameter in Access. Is there anyway around this? ...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Data Base Splitter Problem
I have used the splitter on numerous occassions with no problems. This time I get a pop-up saying " Subscript out of range". After I touch the OK button on that pop-up, I get another pop-up syaing "Invalid procedure call or argument" After I touch the OK button on that Pop-up, I am left with the splitter form again which I canceleld. I have tried this several times with the same resluts each time. The splitter did save a copy of the tables with the _be title but it is not protected in the main file. I can access the tables and change the design in them on the main cop...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

MailMerge - merge with data in Excel
++Using Word&Excel 2000 on Windows 2000++ If I am doing a mail merge in Word with data in EXCEL, than Word supposes the first Excel-Row to contain the field-names and the following Excel-Rows contains the data Can I organize things in the other direction : - field-names in the first Column instead of Row - data in the next Columns instead of Rows My intention is to achieve a better navigation and better view upon the data, without using a form Is the impossible possible ? Thanks in advance - paul ...

How do I move the data in one cell on a page to another page/cell
What command do I use to move the containts of one cell on a page to a different page and cell??? On the receiving page and cell, type = then navigate to the sheet and cell where you wish to extract the data and press Enter. Assuming you were in cell B1 of Sheet2,and you wanted it to copy the value from Sheet1 cell A10, then Excel would insert the formula =Sheet1!A10 You can just type the formula yourself, but it is probably easier to let Excel do it for you first time. Note, if your sheet name contains spaces, then the formula need single quotes around the sheet name. ='My new s...

copy of treeview
Hello, I have to copy information from a treeview to another treeview... The first TreeCtrl is in a dialog and the second it's in another dialog. The application is Dialog Based and I use my oen solution of property sheet. So if I want to call something from another dialog i make i this way: CResultsPageDlg resDlg((CMyAppDlg*)theApp.GetMainWnd()); resDlg.CopyTreeview(m_TreeView.GetRootItem(), m_TreeView.GetRootItem()); useing the solution from http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/dragdrop/article.php/c657/ Somebody knows how to do that? Alex What is CopyTreeview method...