Copy filtered data (Values only)

The following code copies filtered data:

Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
    Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues)

How do I modify to the copy only the values
Thanks!

Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
Rng.Copy
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
> The following code copies filtered data:
>
> Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
>    Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
>
> but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues)
>
> How do I modify to the copy only the values
> Thanks!

0
Don
4/29/2010 1:13:51 PM
Try one of the below macros..

Sub Macro1()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
rng.Copy
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Sub Macro2()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange = Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.Value
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Steve" wrote:

> The following code copies filtered data:
>
> Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
>     Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
>
> but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues)
>
> How do I modify to the copy only the values
> Thanks!
Thanks Jacob
That is working now.  I was hoping this would fix another issue I am having
but it didn't.  Once I copy to sheet2 I want to save that sheet as a csv.
The code creates an archive copy (with timestamp suffix) and also a working
copy (without time stamp) that is uploaded via FTP. This is the code that I
am using:

 Dim strWksheet As String
 Dim strPath As String
 Dim strFileName As String
 Dim strTimeStamp As String

  strWksheet = "sheet2"
  strPath = "mypath"
  strFileName = "NewFile"
  strTimeStamp = Format(Now(), "yyyy-mm-dd_hhmm")

  Sheets(strWksheet).Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strPath & strFileName & _
    strTimeStamp & ".xls", FileFormat:= _
    xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
    ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

  'close the new worksheet
  ActiveWindow.Close
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Sheets(strWksheet).Copy
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strPath & Left(strFileName, 10) _
     & ".txt", FileFormat:=xlCSV, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
     ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
    ActiveWindow.Close
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
  'close the new worksheet

  Application.ScreenUpdating = True

exit_Sub:
  On Error Resume Next
  Exit Sub

err_Sub:
  Debug.Print "Error: " & Err.Number & " - (" & _
    Err.Description & _
    ") - Sub: Copy_Data_Worksheet - " & Now()
  GoTo exit_Sub
"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Try one of the below macros..
>
> Sub Macro1()
> Dim rng As Range
> Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
> rng.Copy
> Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)
> Application.CutCopyMode = False
> End Sub
>
> Sub Macro2()
> Dim rng As Range
> Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
> rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
> Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange = Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.Value
> End Sub
>
> --
> Jacob (MVP - Excel)
>

> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > The following code copies filtered data:
> >
> > Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range
> >     Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
> >
> > but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues)
> >
> > How do I modify to the copy only the values
> > Thanks!

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

collect data from mail merge
If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ? Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do. Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want. Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "data collection" wrote: > If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I > collect the feedbacks from returned wo...

Data labels #9
My data labels in my bar chart don't look the same after printing as they do on the screen. I try to manually move them but they still don't look the same after printing. Any thoughts? Are they embedded charts or chart sheets? If you select an embedded chart and print it, it will print as a chart sheet, and there's likely to be a fair amount of distortion. When printing and embedded chart, print the worksheet it's on. When printing a chart sheet, uncheck the setting in Tools menu > Options > Charts for Chart Sizes to Window Frame. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micr...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Log data in a shared workbook
Hi all Is it possible to have a spreadsheet which logs data from anothe without over writing each other's data, even though several colleague are inputting and saving in this shared sheet at different times. Eg. Sheet 1 has various data Sheet 2 - A1,2,3, etc = first save Sheet 3 - B1,2,3, etc = second save Etc. ...for the day Cheers Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Joey Would you consider writing to a CSV file? You could use VBA's text file functions to write directly to the file, but the file would still open in Excel. One advantage would be that...

subtotal copy and paste

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...

Comparing two columns of data and Highlighting the Differences
I have values (mix of text and numbers)in column A and B. Each cell value in column B is also in column A. I want to highlight (Change Fill color to Red) for example) all those cells in column A that are also present in the column B. Any help writting a Macro will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Harapa No macro needed. Select Column A's Data. Use Format/Conditional Formatting. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" Assuming A1 is the active cell, enter this formula: =NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$B$1:$B$500,0))) click Format, click Patterns tab, select Red fill patte...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

Import data from Parameter Query
I am trying to import data into Excel from a parameter query in Access. I keep getting a message "Too few parameters". I have tried supplying the parameter information via the filter in the import wizard but this did not work. I want to avoid removing the parameter in Access. Is there anyway around this? ...