Convert text invoice into a table- please help!

Hi,
We have an invoice in text format in excel. I need to convert in a
table format to be able to convert it into a pivot

I need macros created which can
1) delete blank rows
2) delete rows which start with certain text in a particular (the
invoice heading appears frequently in every page)
3) each transaction is in 2 lines- need it to be in one line

PAGE
ROSANA ALAM								36422299601017
FINANCE CONTROLLER								30/03/10
MICROSOFT GULF FZE	LLC
MICROSOFT STAFF								1
P O BOX 52244
DUBAI
AGN CODE:01    AGN	NAME	:DNATA		TEMPORARY STATEMENT	FOR  MARCH
2010
DATE		TICKET	TRANS	PASSENGER NAME	DESCRIPTION	VALUE	TAX	DISCOUNT
AMOUNT
REF. NO.			TYPE	ROUTING					PAYABLE

				OPENING BALANCE				2	,840,384.13
PAYMENT	RECEI	VED
28/03/10					Payment Received	0.00	0.00	0.00         1	,465,957.00CR
EB290316
					TOTAL			1	,465,957.00CR

DEPARTME	NT	1
23/02/10	681	0000330760	SVC	MR XXXXXXX	InvNo:XXXXXXXXXXXX	140.00	0.00
0.00	140.00
1333843									140.00

23/02/10	176	3842850331	ATB	MR. ABDCDEEEE	InvNo:XXXXXXXXXXX	2,830.00
280.00	0.00	3,110.00
33495				ACC/DXB					3,110.00
0
Rosana

I've written code like this many times before.  The easiest way of
handle data like this is to create a new worksheet a scan through the
original worksheet extracting the data you need and puttingg it on a new
worksheet.

I really need to see more of the data to get the code correct.  I also
see that you need to extract from the page header some information like
the company name and put tis information in a new column.

If you can attach a workbook to your posting I will work on it in the
next couple of days.  The psoting is locatted at

http://tinyurl.com/y8tfzkc

Reply to the posting and at the bottom of the reply box is a button
labels
"Manage Attachments" where yo can add a workbook to the reply message.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel
3/31/2010 10:38:42 AM
Hi Joel,

Have added a sample of the attachment. appreciate ur help!!!!

Thanks,

Rosana

Rosana;686512 Wrote:

Hi,
> We have an invoice in text format in excel. I need to convert in a
> table format to be able to convert it into a pivot
>
> I need macros created which can
> 1) delete blank rows
> 2) delete rows which start with certain text in a particular (the
> invoice heading appears frequently in every page)
> 3) each transaction is in 2 lines- need it to be in one line
>
> PAGE
> ROSANA ALAM								36422299601017
> FINANCE CONTROLLER								30/03/10
> MICROSOFT GULF FZE	LLC
> MICROSOFT STAFF								1
> P O BOX 52244
> DUBAI
> AGN CODE:01    AGN	NAME	:DNATA		TEMPORARY STATEMENT	FOR  MARCH
> 2010
> DATE		TICKET	TRANS	PASSENGER NAME	DESCRIPTION	VALUE	TAX	DISCOUNT
> AMOUNT
> REF. NO.			TYPE	ROUTING					PAYABLE
>
> OPENING BALANCE				2	,840,384.13
> PAYMENT	RECEI	VED
> 28/03/10					Payment Received	0.00	0.00	0.00         1	,465,957.00CR
> EB290316
> TOTAL			1	,465,957.00CR
>

> DEPARTME	NT	1
> 23/02/10	681	0000330760	SVC	MR XXXXXXX	InvNo:XXXXXXXXXXXX	140.00	0.00
> 0.00	140.00
> 1333843									140.00
>
> 23/02/10	176	3842850331	ATB	MR. ABDCDEEEE	InvNo:XXXXXXXXXXX	2,830.00
> 280.00	0.00	3,110.00
> 33495				ACC/DXB					3,110.00

|Filename: excel statement.xlsx                                     |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=511|

i-roalam
i-roalam's Profile: 1695
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

I wil look at thsi today and get back to you by tomorrow.  I took a
quick look and have a couple of questions.  I know you ddi some editing
of the file which is good, but there ae some inconsistances I need to
understand

1) This line occurs only once in the file.  Can yo explain?

DEPARTM	    ENT	1

2) I'm plannning to use the word New in column A to remove the headers
from each file.  Is there a reason the first page Doesn't have NEW and
it also doesn't have any invoice listings.  My plan is to ingore all
rows of data before the first NEW in column A, is this acceptable or is
there data before this 1st NEW that you need to keep.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel
4/1/2010 10:30:55 AM
Hi Joel,

Yes i have edited the template since it was confidential data
1) Depart ment- this is appearing only twice in the whole statement-
once at the beginning and then in the end

2) i do not need the data which is appearing above New so that can be
deleted. so if i take row#28 (which is the start of the data for the
table) i would expect both the two lines to become one so. i would
expect the data in cell b29 to move to cell L28 so that all the data
would be in 1 row. also i do not need the data in cell K29. and
subsequently expect the same to happen for all the line entries below
that.

hope this makes sense.
thanks for all ur help!

regards,
rosana

--
i-roalam
i-roalam's Profile: 1695
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Did you se my last posting.  I attached the macro the posting.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel
4/1/2010 6:11:34 PM
By the way, sometimes these type problems are easier to solve if you
let the macro open the text file.  For example in you spreadsheet you
had the word Department split into columns B and C. I can open a text
file in VBA and get the word department to be in one column in stead of
tow columns.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel
4/2/2010 9:47:18 AM
joel;688677 Wrote:

By the way, sometimes these type problems are easier to solve if you let
the macro open the text file.  For example in you spreadsheet you had
the word Department split into columns B and C. I can open a text file
in VBA and get the word department to be in one column in stead of tow
columns.

hi joel,

thanks a million for the macro!!! it works like magic. it has taken me
less than a minute to convert the table. previously it used to take us
almost 4 hrs every month just to get the data into a table format.

Regards,

Rosana

--
i-roalam
i-roalam's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1695
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

A macro is an investment.  The amount of the profit/reward is the number
of times you use it and the amount of savings you get every time you use
it!

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=191856

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
joel

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

help #12
i cannot access my emails ...

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

change case of text #2
Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire worksheet? Thank you Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and the Lower Florida Keys =proper(range) will do the trick Mike "habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017801c39f21$a016ece0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that > had a large amount of text in capital letters. Is there a > way to c...

Change color of row (Col A thru Col Q) based on text value in Col J
I am using David McRitchie's code for changing color of entire row based on contents based on a specified cell text value: 'Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36'. This works fine; however, I only want to change color in the first 17 cells in each of the affected rows. How do I do this? Also, I am confused: do I want the stmt 'Application.EnableEvents = True' at the top of my coding in the 'Worksheet_Change' event coding (occupies the Sheet1 Module)? One way: Target.EntireRow.resize(1,17).Interior.ColorIndex = 36 JingleRock wrote: > > I...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

Importing text from an Explorer window
Howdy all. OS: XP, Excel 2002 SP3 I have my music stored in the My Music directory. I have Artist, Album Title, etc. attributes turned on. What I'd like to do is to take all of this information and input it into an Excel spreadsheet. When I "Select All" from the window, and "Copy", it wants to copy the actual songs, and not the text. Also, the "Paste" option in Excel is grayed out anyway. Is there a way that I can treat the info in a Browser window as just text, and then copy that info into a spreadsheet? TIA. -- Don Cox Here is one I have used...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

ideas help please
Hi everyone I was wondering if you could please help me. The Scenario. I'm trying to make a database which will keep a listing of m employers and also details of what training they have done and i they have passed or not I have no idea where to start can someone please point me in the righ direction with either a template or what ? Thanks heaps -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi this would be easier in Access and i could provide you with a sample database to do this if you have MS Access on your computer and would consider using this as an alternative to Excel. If y...

Help with batch file
I have about 40 different shortcuts in various folders that have the same icon, let's call it icon A. I would like to change icon A to a different icon, icon B. I know I can make the changes individually, shortcut by shortcut, but am wondering if a batch file might do the trick in one full sweep. If anyone can tell me how to create such a batch file, in other words, the various lines needed, I would be most grateful. T.i.a. George P.S. Icon A is inside an exe file, Icon B is an ico file. George wrote: > I have about 40 different shortcuts in various folder...

Help with Lot Matrix Items
I am using the lot matrix to sell pop, since the can or bottle upc code could be sold as a single, 6 pack or case. I was able to build the items as the lot matrix and selling them and receiving them seems to work fine, however, my inventory doesn't work. I was hoping it would act as a parent/child. My inventory removes 1 single and doesn't adjust the case qty. Did I do something wrong? Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_47A6C9C8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Jay, Thank you for posting your Lot Matrix question. Check to make sure that you have a...

Numbers converting to decimal