Comparing a date to todays date

I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end.
It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows.  I want to look at the date in col C and
make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date.

Any idea's?

Rather than programming (which refers to using visual basic to manipulate the
sheet) your request can be handled by using conditional formatting. You
didn't mention whether you are using 2007 or 2003; I'll provide 2003
instructions here and you can adapt them to 2007 if needed.

Select the first cell (C1 or C2, depending on whether you have a header row)
and apply conditional formatting (I'll use C2 as my sample):
more than 90 days in the future:
(cell value)(is greater than) =now()+90
or if you want more than 90 days in the past,
(cell value)(is less than) =now()-90

then select the appropriate formatting (for example, format/pattern/red to
make those cells red)

use the paintbrush tool to paste that formatting across your whole range. If
you want to avoid making blank cells (at the bottom of your range) appear
highlighted, then use conditional formatting a slightly different way;

(formula is) =AND(C2<>"", C2 <(now()-90))

HTH,
Keith

"Rookie_User" wrote:

> I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end.
> It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows.  I want to look at the date in col C and
> make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date.
>
> Any idea's?
Originally I was going to go that route but the problem is that this Excel
file is actually populated by a CSV file.  We run a serious a macro's to
format and change, etc...  -- So I am unsure how to provide conditional
formatting when it will be a new workbook each time and the endusers are our
veteran salesforce that dislikes using Excel - so the more easily we make it
the better - smile.  THank you for your time and input.  So I still have to
program it - it's simple but for some reason I am having a hard time starting
off.

"ker_01" wrote:

> Rather than programming (which refers to using visual basic to manipulate the
> sheet) your request can be handled by using conditional formatting. You
> didn't mention whether you are using 2007 or 2003; I'll provide 2003
> instructions here and you can adapt them to 2007 if needed.
>
> Select the first cell (C1 or C2, depending on whether you have a header row)
> and apply conditional formatting (I'll use C2 as my sample):
> more than 90 days in the future:
> (cell value)(is greater than) =now()+90
> or if you want more than 90 days in the past,
> (cell value)(is less than) =now()-90
>
> then select the appropriate formatting (for example, format/pattern/red to
> make those cells red)
>
> use the paintbrush tool to paste that formatting across your whole range. If
> you want to avoid making blank cells (at the bottom of your range) appear
> highlighted, then use conditional formatting a slightly different way;
>
> (formula is) =AND(C2<>"", C2 <(now()-90))
>
> HTH,
> Keith
>
> "Rookie_User" wrote:
>
> > I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end.
> > It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows.  I want to look at the date in col C and
> > make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date.
> >
> > Any idea's?

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

Get everything you need for a successful Marketing Campaign Today!
Get everything you need for a successful Marketing Campaign Today! Marketing Software - Promotion Center - Guaranteed Visitors - Guaranteed Signups Solo Emails - 1 Million Opt In Leads - Banner ads - Website Submission and Lots More http://www.typeinternational.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=3736_34_3_74 ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Great Plains Date and Time
What time is Great Plains using in Service Call Time sensitive field? if we have different time zones and Each Time Zones is using a specifice Server, whihc date/time is used by Great Plains. Is it the User Profile time or the SQL Server System time. Thanks ems When a new service call is created, the time zone will be defaulted to the base time zone stored in the SVC_Master_Defaults table (SVC00998) and defined in the Service Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Project > Service). However, when the customer is selected, the Service Call will change time ...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Defaults to Today's Date #2
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

auto date not working
I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be displayed automatically. I have the text box disabled so that no one can change the data. In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when I go back to that record the next day, the date changes to that day's date. Please help!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Set the Default Value of the field in the table to =Date(), rather than the Default Value of the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Notes table and IndirectDataInput / Date stamp in Memo field
I am trying out the previous suggestions for a solution regarding time/date stamp in a memo field. Both are very interesting. In the case of a separate Notes Table…how do I transfer the current memo field to the memo field record in the new Notes table? My database resides 900 records with memo fields… Thankful for advice! You will need a foreign key in the Notes table that tells you, for every row in the notes table, which is the row in the main table that the note belongs to. You need to extract both the notes and the PK of the record for each note. Use a query to do...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

SUMPRODUCT Date Ranges
Hi, I need to note a '0' or '1' within each of the monthly cells in a table to show resource secured within a given month (the date ranging from the start and finish date). So, if the START date is A1 and the END date is B1 and I have a cell for each month, i.e. C1 = Jan, D1 = Feb and so on till Dec. As an example, the start date is 06/02/10 and the end date is 08/08/10, how can I show "1" against the Feb to August cells and all the other cells where they don't fall into the month as "0", i.e. Jan as "0"? Many thanks in advanc...

Task Due Date
Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by default? -- Guy Lapierre Forefront Business Solutions http://www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com Not that I am aware of, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Lapierre asked: | Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by | default? ...

I need to compare to columns and indicate the matches in another
am wanting to compare 2 columns for exact matching. If there are two matching items I want to be able to say "A match" in a chosen cell for all the ones that match. Column C will be retrived in an random order... so how would I write the formula for that????? Example: A B C 45time 11tune A match 11tune 89time 47doog 43jkjkj A match 123ABC 123ABC If possible include how to highlight the ones that make as another option. Thanks Try something like this: For a value list in B1:B5 and a ...

Money 2005 for Pocket PC -- No Today Screen items
I recently upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe and Money 2005 for Pocket PC. Besides not having any sound files installed on my desktop machine, I am not able to place any accounts on my Today screen (on my Pocket PC) like I used to before. I can select an account and click Edit Details and check the box for it to display on the Today screen, but it does not appear. When I look in the Settings for Today, there is no entry for Money. Any info? Thanks bryan - do yourself a huge favor and check out Cash Organizer (and it's syncing utility "moneysync"). it's an awesome, awe...

Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing
Hi All, I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table, on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability provision. What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the quantity is automatically inserted into the correc...

Dates changed on Copy Cell
I am now using Excel 2007 and keep finding that the year in the date is changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I start with 9/12/2008 17:00 (formated as a custom format) and it is copied in as 10/12/2012 17:00 (same format). Can anyone help? Thanks Jim > changed when I copy from one cell to another in another spreadsheet. I assume that you mean Workbook not Worksheet in the same Workbook. You have the second Workbook set to the 1904 date system. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinato...

Advice on comparing data sets
Hi, Can anyone advise on how I can compare data on 1 sheet with dat compared on another. Example attached. I want to be able to show that whenever the UK is shown (can appea multiple times) on this sheet it checks on sheet2 and enter th corresponding band value in this case for the UK (show in cells B6, B8 will show band A SHEET1 Ref Country Band 1 UK 2 Germany 3 UK 4 France 5 Italy SHEET2 Country Band UK A GERMANY B ITALY B FRANCE D SWEDEN D DENMARK E As always thanks for your help. Simo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: ...

Special converting of string date&time to date format
Hi there, Working with a file and all my dates and times appear as one long text string shown below that I would like to convert to date and time format so that I can manipulate the data anyway I like. Data appears as follows: .. cell A1: 10/1/2011 2:20:00 PM cell A2: 1/18/2011 2:20:00 AM I have tried many different ways and sometimes it works. The problem is when the date and month are not 2 digits. As you see the date or the month can be 1 or 2 digits. How do I convert it so that it works no matter what.. this works only when the month and date are both 2 digits =DATE(...

Determining the last business date
Is there any way (at 5pm in the continental USA) I can (fairly) conclusively determine the most recent date on which the stock market was open? This question comes from the following: If I have my VBScript hop over to http://my.msn.com/ then I can take a look at a fixed set of stock quotes (provided I have set them up). However, I don't see the date shown in any way. Now, if I could guarantee that the script would be run every day, then I could do some tricks (like checking whether all the quotes are the same as the prior accepted set - if so, I can assume the next date). ...

what does it mean when the date is nothing but #######?
I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not showing the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it isn't doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date? It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904 date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem. -- Ian -- "Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6445E30-09DE-49EB-B767-7720474B0FBD@microsoft.com... >I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not >showing > the date. I have...

How do I set Microsoft Outlook Today as my main e-mail
I currently have pre paid dial up internet and I am having to keep going to the bigpond website to check e-mails. I am wanting to use Microsoft Outlook Today for e-mails, how can I set it up so my e-mails will come through there and not have to check it on the bigpond website? Check with the provider to see if they offer POP3/IMAP/SMTP e-mail access. If they do, they will provide you with the server names that need to be plugged into Outlook. "Ness" <Ness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:944F0B23-FDE3-4872-9EBA-6EF6A8F96BE7@microsoft.com... >I curren...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

comparing cell
i have a spreadsheet that contain a column of name (some the same and some not) and would like to place each name in a row acroos the top of the same spreadsheet. Smith Jones Brown Smith Smith Brown Smith Jones Jones Smith Brown Hi Stanley First insert a heading above your column of names. Then Data>Filter>Advanced Filter mark the source as your column of names. Choose copy to another location and choose a detination cell on the sheet. Select Unique values only. Having got a unique list of names, copy this list and Paste Special>Transpo...

Compare and delete row
I need some help - I need to compare a cell, let's say A1, that wil contain a date. I need Excel to compare it to today's date, if it i over 60 days, I need it to go ahead and delete that row. If not, I nee it to leave alone. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this Sub test() If IsDate(Range("a1")) = True Then If Range("a1").Value > Date + 60 Then Range("a1").EntireRow.Delete End If End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "intheway >" <<intheway.176s7x@excelforum-nospam.c...

Email Tracking-No Date on Email
When tracking email, I've noticed that CRM doesn't show the date or the "header information" on the tracked email. Sometimes I don't track a message until a week or two after I send/receive it, so there isn't a true record of the date the email was sent. Is there any option that I can change so that the entire email is tracked including all the header information (To: From: Subject: Sent Date:) Thanks! On Oct 27, 4:31=A0am, sweetmans <sweetm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When tracking email, I've noticed that CRM doesn't show th...