command button controlling a range of dates

Hi,

I would like to accomplish the following:

1. Have a command button that opens up a popup window.
2. Popup window is to have a calendar where you can select multiple
dates (or two calendars where you select start and end date).
3. Popup window will also have three radio buttons, with a value
assigned to each choice.
4. The selected date range will show up on the worksheet with each
date filled out with a number corresponding to the choice made with
the radio button, with each date having its own cell.

Am I trying to do too much with excel?

Thanks.
0
RedBeard

This can be done in excel if you know what you are doing.

1) From VBA menu : Insert - Userform

2) Add to userform the frame (icon with abc).  A frame is used so you
can only select one radio button

3) Add 3 button inside the Fame.

4) Add calendar control to userform by right clicking the Toolbox and
select addional controls.  Choose Calendar Control.

I don't know if you evver used a userform but you will need to write
additional code inside the userform to handle everything you want to do.
I just got you started.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel

How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in?
How do I put input boxes and sumbit buttons in excel vba? I am trying to make a address book manually using Excel VBA. Is there a way I can record multiple information into Excel after submitting info. All i have so far is being able to submit one bit of information into excel but I dont think it will stay if I save it. Like is there a way I can group multiple address information using excel VBA? If so how? What you want to do is not clear. Please post back and give us a step-by-step procedure of what you want to do and what you want Excel to do. HTH Otto "mikstr14" <m...

print preview command in Excel

Cell reference in formula as range
I have a formula in my spreadsheet that looks like: =IF(D11=0," ",IF(C11<D11,"Not Enough Hours",INDEX('PF Kintanas Pivot Tables'!$A$403:$A$418,MATCH($D11,t(E1),-1)))) In cell E1 I have the following text: gtalbo In the PF Kintanas Pivot Tables tab I have a named range with the name: gtalbo When I try to use the above formula I get the #Value! error. If I substitute the actual name of the range in the formula it works: =IF(D11=0," ",IF(C11<D11,"Not Enough Hours",INDEX('PF Kintanas Pivot Tables'!$A$403:$A$418,MATCH...

macros will not assign to buttons
Help! I cannot assign macros to my custom buttons. The dialog box appears and I can select a macro but it does not save to the button. I believe this is related to another problem I had - which was my personal.xls file did not load on start even though it was in the xl start folder. I fixed that - it was disabled by excel which I fixed by going to about excel - disabled files and selecting enable. Now personal.xls loads - but the macros will not assign. What type of button? From Tools>Customize>Commands>Macros? These customizations are stored in a file named Excel(x).xlb wher...

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Tab Control 04-06-07
I'm not sure if anyone has tried or needed to do this... I have a Form already built and I want to add another Form to it (not a subForm). I want to create two Forms separated by tabs. I think this is fairly straight forward from scratch, but I have no idea how to copy the preexisting Form onto one tab and then create a new Form on the second tab...any ideas? alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1175875391.709252.237520@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > I'm not sure if anyone has tried or needed to do this... > > I have a Form already bu...

Creating custom buttons #2
Hello, I would like to create screens of buttons so that the operators of the register can simply press a button to add an item for a sale. The system will be used at the end of a cafeteria type food line and I need to speed up the check out process. What I am thinking is having 3 buttons on one screen, Hot Food, Drinks, and Candy/Snacks. Then when the cashier presses Hot Food, another screen comes up that displays 1 button for each of the 16 current Hot Food items. When 1 of those items is selected, the Hot Food button screen should remain open until the user presses a Back button. ...

Format an excel column as a date for a 5 day week for a year.
Is there an easy way to format a column as a date for a year showing only Monday through Friday? Put a date in the first cell, right click copy down, then select fill weekdays Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dabenesch" wrote: > Is there an easy way to format a column as a date for a year showing only > Monday through Friday? ...

Relative Ranges in excel macro
Hello, I'm totally new to macros in Visual Basic and need help. I'm running Office 2003 in Windows XP. I tried to record a macro used to copy and rearrange information from one worksheet to another. When I recorded the macro, it used hard coded ranges which makes it impossible to move information to different locations in the destination spreadsheet. Instead, I'd like the macro to place the information RELATIVE to the currenly selected cell in the destination worksheet. I've included the macro text below. Notice all the absolute references on the "NEW" or...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Date format problem #2
I have several workbooks with date-formatted cells that work properly. I just created a new one, however, that will not display properly. I have tried several "date" settings and also the "custom, d-mmm-yy" setting, yet information placed in the cells come up as a date in "Jan 1900" or as "###########" with the message that negative dates aren't allowed. I have tried to use "format painter" from the sheets that work properly but to no avail. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. If the value in the cell is negative, then ...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

Set Increment on Spin Button to 0.1
I'm using a spin button from the control toolbar to increase the value in a cell. the min value i want is 0 the maximum is 2 but i want it to increase by 0.1 in the properties this doesn't seem to be allowed help!!!! Thanx Mark Mark, Here is one way. Link your spinbutton to an unused cell (I use) A15. Set the max to 20. Then in code, set the real cell's value like so Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinUp() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Value / 10 End Sub Private Sub SpinButton1_SpinDown() Range("A16").Value = Range("A15").Valu...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Sexually attract women easily and instantly with pheromones WANT TO MEET AND ATTRACT MORE WOMEN? Of Course!!!..what man does not. Pheromones are the Key SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN TO WORK!!!! Just recently the pheromones were reported on The Learning Channel (TLC) Feb 14 2001 as being an effective pheromone for men to attract women WANT TO GET MORE WOMAN AND EVEN MORE Attention from women....easily!!!!!!! Check out this web page: http://www.nymphosam.com r e wqr ew r ew rq ew r ew r ew r ewq r ewq r ewr ewq r ewq r ewq r ...

wrong dates on sent items
Hello, for some reason my sent items starting changing the date, and now I have some that were sent December 10th 2009, December 11 2009, etc. I have Outlook 2007. I checked the clock and went to control panel and checked Date/Time. Everything has todays date - December 9th 2009 and the time Zone is correct. Also checked Internet Zone and seems to be fine... Any ideas? is there any part in Outlook that I should be checking? thank you in advance for you help No need to repeat your post of only 2 hours ago "lula" <lula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

Expiration Date on Trial Period
Is there a way to determine what the expiration date of a trial period installation is? ------=_NextPart_0001_3829F12C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. The trial program will be expired in 90 days from installation date so why don't you confirm the installation date? If you use Windows Server 2008, you are able to confirm the date from Programs and Features and if you use Windows Server 2003, how about check the create date of install folder? Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partne...

VBA project and ActiveX controls
Dear All, I have upgraded Excel from '97 to 2000. When I start Excel I get the following error: "This workbook has lost it's VBA projects, ActiveX controls and any other program ability related features". Can someone tell me what to do? Regards, Paul -- panatulhalie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ panatulhalie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24293 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378976 I'd go back to xl97 (find a pc still running that vers...

How do you create a "Picture Control"?
I was using the sample code (http://www.codeproject.com/audio/hmediaplayer.asp) that I found on codeproject.com to learn how to use the MCIWND family of macros to control playing multimedia. This uses a CStatic to act as a placeholder for the media display and had a problem displaying. When you execute the sample, the media file does not display although it is shown as playing. If you move the dialog window by grabbing the top bar, the media will be displayed. When I changed the placeholder from a CStatic to a "Picture Control" in the resource editor, everything worked as expected...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

Adding a command to a picture
I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event / double click set up a macro to close the form however when i double click on my picture nothing is happening - help!! On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:02:22 -0700, casi <casi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One suggestion would be to temporarily add a button to your form, and from the button wizard select the option to close the form. Then look behind the scenes what was generated, and implement your image_doubleclick the same way. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have inserted a picture onto my form and in the Event ...

remove button
How can I remove the Save and Close, or Save and New button on a phone call activity? Hi Troy, You could find out the location of the buttons via Javascript and then hide these buttons. Though this is relatively hard to do and unsupported, it can be done. Another approach, which in my opinion is a lot better, would be to remove the rights for users to create, delete and eventually update the entity phone call. You can do this in the security roles in the settings section. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Troyz...

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...