Change currency on all sheets based on one cell value

Hello,

I need to change currency formatting based on one selected value. So, if the
user changes Italy as their base country, I want the currency to change to €.
If they choose the UK, I want the currency to change to £. I have a cell
(Inputs!A1) which updates to 1 for euro country and 2 for the UK. The cells
ranges that need to change are Inputs!L94-M94, Inputs!L96:M98 and
Calculations!A1:D5.

Is this doable?

Many thinks in advance.

--
Johanna

On Feb 5, 10:24=A0am, Johanna Gronlund
<JohannaGronl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to change currency formatting based on one selected value. So, if =
the
> user changes Italy as their base country, I want the currency to change t=
o =80.
> If they choose the UK, I want the currency to change to =A3. I have a cel=
> (Inputs!A1) which updates to 1 for euro country and 2 for the UK. The cel=
ls
> ranges that need to change are Inputs!L94-M94, Inputs!L96:M98 and
> Calculations!A1:D5.
>
> Is this doable? =A0
>
> Many thinks in advance.
>
> --
> Johanna

Hi

You can use this code (where A1 is the cell which changes from 1 to 2
etc):-

If Target.Address =3D "$A$1" Then
    If Cells.Range("A1").Value =3D 1 Then
        Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").NumberFormat =3D "[$
=80-2]#,##0.00"
        Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").NumberFormat =3D "[$
=80-2]#,##0.00"
        Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberFormat =3D
"[$=80-2]#,##0.00"
    Else
        If Cells.Range("A1").Value =3D 2 Then
            Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").NumberFormat =3D
"=A3#,##0.00"
            Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").NumberFormat =3D
"=A3#,##0.00"
=20
Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberFormat =3D
"=A3#,##0.00"
        End If
    End If
End If

End Sub

Hope this helps in some way.
KR Matt
http://teachr.blogspot.com
0
Matt
2/5/2010 11:26:52 AM
For some reason nothing happens if I paste this in the module 1. Is that the
right place to paste it? Is there anything else that I might be could be
doing wrong?

Thanks!

--
Johanna

"Matt Richardson" wrote:

> On Feb 5, 10:24 am, Johanna Gronlund
> <JohannaGronl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to change currency formatting based on one selected value. So, if the
> > user changes Italy as their base country, I want the currency to change to €.
> > If they choose the UK, I want the currency to change to £. I have a cell
> > (Inputs!A1) which updates to 1 for euro country and 2 for the UK. The cells
> > ranges that need to change are Inputs!L94-M94, Inputs!L96:M98 and
> > Calculations!A1:D5.
> >
> > Is this doable?
> >
> > Many thinks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Johanna
>
> Hi
>
> You can use this code (where A1 is the cell which changes from 1 to 2
> etc):-

> If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
>     If Cells.Range("A1").Value = 1 Then
>         Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").NumberFormat = "[$
> €-2]#,##0.00"
>         Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").NumberFormat = "[$
> €-2]#,##0.00"
>         Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberFormat =
> "[$€-2]#,##0.00"
>     Else
>         If Cells.Range("A1").Value = 2 Then
>             Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").NumberFormat =
> "£#,##0.00"
>             Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").NumberFormat =
> "£#,##0.00"
>
> Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberFormat =
> "£#,##0.00"
>         End If
>     End If
> End If
>
> End Sub
>

> Hope this helps in some way.
> KR Matt
> http://teachr.blogspot.com
> .

On Feb 5, 2:20=A0pm, Johanna Gronlund
<JohannaGronl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> For some reason nothing happens if I paste this in the module 1. Is that =
the
> right place to paste it? Is there anything else that I might be could be
> doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Johanna
>

> "Matt Richardson" wrote:
> > On Feb 5, 10:24 am, Johanna Gronlund
> > <JohannaGronl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > I need to change currency formatting based on one selected value. So,=
 if the
> > > user changes Italy as their base country, I want the currency to chan=
ge to =80.
> > > If they choose the UK, I want the currency to change to =A3. I have a=
 cell
> > > (Inputs!A1) which updates to 1 for euro country and 2 for the UK. The=
 cells
> > > ranges that need to change are Inputs!L94-M94, Inputs!L96:M98 and
> > > Calculations!A1:D5.
>
> > > Is this doable? =A0
>
> > > Many thinks in advance.
>
> > > --
> > > Johanna
>
> > Hi
>
> > You can use this code (where A1 is the cell which changes from 1 to 2
> > etc):-

> > If Target.Address =3D "$A$1" Then
> > =A0 =A0 If Cells.Range("A1").Value =3D 1 Then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").NumberForma=
t =3D "[$
> > =80-2]#,##0.00"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").NumberForma=
t =3D "[$
> > =80-2]#,##0.00"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberF=
ormat =3D
> > "[$=80-2]#,##0.00"
> > =A0 =A0 Else
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 If Cells.Range("A1").Value =3D 2 Then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L94:M94").Num=
berFormat =3D
> > "=A3#,##0.00"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Worksheets("Inputs").Cells.Range("L96:M98").Num=
berFormat =3D
> > "=A3#,##0.00"
>
> > Worksheets("Calculations").Cells.Range("A1:D5").NumberFormat =3D
> > "=A3#,##0.00"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 End If
> > =A0 =A0 End If
> > End If
>
> > End Sub
>
> > Hope this helps in some way.
> > KR Matt
> >http://teachr.blogspot.com
> > .

Paste this in the module of the worksheet that you want to change.  It
should work then.

Matt
http://teachr.blogspot.com
0
Matt

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

How to Unhide or Hide Multiple Sheets at One GO?
Hi Everyone I guess my Subject Title has already said what I need to know. SO is i possible to hide or unhide a selection of worksheets at one go? Cheers Kelvi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kelvin, Select the sheets to hide, then Format>Sheet>Hide -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "hce >" <<hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone > > I guess my Subject Title has a...

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

VLOOKUP: Retrieving Values
Vlookup: I am trying to lookup a value ( SCOTLAND ) on a spreadsheet called ( Data ) in order to populate ceratin cells on my other spreadsheet ( Spreadone ). If the value (SCOTLAND) is located in (Data) I want it to copy the values of specific cells (not all of them ) from the same row into ( Spreadone ). So : CHECK COLUMN N (CLASS) IN SPREADSHEET (DATA) FOR STRING (SCOTLAND) IF THE STRING = SCOTLAND THEN IN SPREADSHEET (Spreadone) POPULATE CELL A7:A25 = ACCOUNT NO (from Data) CELL B7:B25 = CLIENT (from Data) CELL C7:C25 = CUSIP (from Data) CELL D7:D25 = QTY (from Data) CELL E7:E25...

witch one should i get
Hi im Sam i want to buy the latest ms money but witch one should i get i want every can someone compare with Microsoft Money 2006 Standard and Microsoft Money 2006 Premium and Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe or Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business please would someone help be to decide the best one thank you Sam M06 is two versions obsolete hence two versions closer to being unsupported/disabled from online services. Deluxe is fine for most people. Premium adds some features of slight value to some and large value to others. If you do not have a business need, do not get the business editi...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003