Autocomplete

Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would
like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name
(column B, sheet2)?!

Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to
enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a
proposal when there is a single solution).

Best regards,
0
TiMe25

If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the
autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type.  If the data
offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and
autocomplete will then offer new data based on what you typed.  You can
continue this process until it finds the data you want.  I am not sure if
the offerings are in alpha/numeric order or if they are in the order of
original entry, but the offerings are based on a character by character
comparison of what the user types in.

"TiMe25" <time.register@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would
> like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name
> (column B, sheet2)?!
>
> Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to
> enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a
> proposal when there is a single solution).
>
> Best regards,

0
JLGWhiz

Autocomplete for addresses
Outlook 2003 does not show an autocomplete list while typing an email. I have exported my address book from Outlook Express. Is this the reason y it is not happening? This is really cumbersome somtimes. Is there an option somewhere? Thanks, Ruf Autocomplete does not use your Contact data. It uses a list of names taken from messages you have previously sent. Apparently you have not yet populated that list. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111493150.066019.96000@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003 does not sh...

Windows Live Mail: Autocomplete does not work
I installed Windows Live Mail on 3 separate laptops running Windows 7 and the Autocomplete feature in the To: box does not work. It works fine with contacts loaded in the address book but somehow does not recognise any email addresses that have been used before that are not part of the address book. I have read most posts on the topic and cannot find a solution. From what I can read it should just work by default. I found some posts referring to a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Recently Used Addresses) but this key does not exist, could t...

Autocomplete
Hi. I have list of products with its relevant data on sheet2. I would like to have an autocomplete function on sheet1 based on product name (column B, sheet2)?! Since many products does have first word in name the same, how to enable autocomplete from start of typing (normaly autocomplete shows a proposal when there is a single solution). Best regards, If I understand the question correctly, when you begin typing the autocomplete will offer what it thinks you are about to type. If the data offered by autocomplete is not what you want, continue to type and autocomplete will t...

How to delete Autocomplete information in IE 6?
Hi All I am working on a small utility that will delete all the information(Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History, Autofill, typed urls') related to IE as per the user requirement. I am having some problem deleting the autofill information as i dont have the required information. The information i have is as follows: Internet Explorer 6 On Internet Explorer (versions 4 through 6) AutoComplete web form information is stored in the Registry in the following hive locations: Encrypted usernames and passwords: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW D...

autocomplete
I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on the TO: and hit the delete button to delete old e-mail addresses or ones that are incorrect and it won't delete the address. It deleted them at one time but it no longer will delete. Can someone help me with this? You can't scroll that list. Use the arrow key to select the entry you want to delete. -- Russ Valentine "beaugency" <beaugency@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E65E487-727F-4DBE-9016-A5560BFD74D9@microsoft.com... >I scroll up or down the autocomplete list of e-mails on...

Autocomplete #3
When I write in the address of the person that I am sending to Outlook would suggest names, like autocompleting it. I have checked the box that says, suggest names when completing to, cc, ccc, and it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggeestions?? You confused me. You said it autocompletes, then you said it doesn't. What happened in between? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bb201c3afba$931aa280$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I write in the address of the person that I am > sending to O...

autocomplete?
I used to be able to begin typing an email address when sending an email & have word finish the rest of it. Now that does not work, what happened? I have Word 2000. -- Later, -- Rick -- What email program are you using and the version please? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | I used to be able to begin typing an email address when s...

autocomplete
a long time ago i logged onto a .net passport site with account marco123@.... , now i have added a contact in Outlook called marc (a different person) the problem is when i type marc in outlook the marco123@.... account is pasted ?? NOT my new contact marc??? i have absolutely no idea where it gets this from i have uninstalled messenger, deleted all cookies, all cache everthing search registry and cant find marco123@.... any ideas how i can delete a .net passport OR get outlook to use my contacts rather than whatever it is using just now any help would be appreciated thanks ...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Autocomplete issue
Hello all, I'm currently trying to think of a way to work around the problem tha Excel's autocomplete tool breaks a column's autocomplete "memory" afte several empty cells. Does anybody know a way to keep all the column's autocomplete entrie available when you start entering data into cells further down th column, after leaving several with no-data cells. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks, Georg -- George ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GeorgeC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Autocomplete
When i download transactions from my bank account it is the payee is automatically filled in with the last payee , so i may have 10 transactions the all say Verizon on them. And when i go to try to fix them it does not automatically update the category after it type in the name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Autocomplete question
I have just helped a son copy his Outlook 2003 contacts from old PC to new (Win 7). That went OK. But when he types in the To box, as an example, the letter "N" Outlook does not complete the entry and offer the one and only person whose name begins with N. The only autocomplete that happens is with B - and that seems to be because he sent me a message from the new Outlook by typing my email address before we brought in the old contacts. Any suggestions? Thanks Expected behavior. Autocompletion has nothing to do with Contacts. It uses a separate cache that consists ...

autocomplete in excel
I do not have any blank cells in my spreadsheet, but it still does not alway autocomplete the phrase I am typing. Is there a limit of some sort to the # of cell that it will check? I currently have over 3500 rows in my worksheet. ...

autocomplete or dropdown list entry missing
I'm running MS Money Plus Premium, version 17. I'm runing it on Vista Business x64, but I had the same issue on Vista x32. I have shares of an investment (it shows in my portfolio). When I add a new portfolio transaction, the investment name does not appear in the dropdown list for investments. It is not the most recent investment I've purchased, so I don't think this is a limit issue. But that does raise a related question, also. Investments that I don't own anymore, or say mutual fund class B shares that I have converted to class A, still show up in the list. Is t...

Autocomplete
Hi, I've encountered a weird problem with Excel 2010. I have one column of pure text cells and some of them will autocomplete and others will not while typing duplicate entries. Any ideas? Thank you. I don=92t think so it is Excel 2010 problem. Because when there is an empt= y cell in between the data and if you are typing after an empty cell then t= he auto complete wont work in excel. When the data=92s are continuous then= the sutocomplete will work fine.=20 --- Sixthsense On Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:40:11 PM UTC+5:30, Jennifer wrote: > Hi, >=20 > I've encount...

IE8: AutoComplete
Hi, It looks like Autocomplete isn't working, eventhough I have it ON in the Options>Contents>Settings. I type my username to log on. Later when I go back to that site to log on again, my username isn't on the Autocomplete list, am I missing something here? As for the Autocomplete settings, not sure if this news group accepts attachments or paste graphics, but will give it a try to show the settings. If there, great, if not, oh well, I tried. By the way, why are "Feeds" and "Use windows search for better results" grayed out? Thanks, ...

Autocomplete displays SSN
We have for some time used the end-user's SSN as the directory when setting them up as it 1) is unique and 2) was not visible to other end-users. As we have installed Office 2002 and 2003, we are finding that the autocomplete feature of these products pulls the directory name down and it becomes visible to end users. We, obviously, cannot have this happening. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening short of removing and recreating accounts throughout my organization? "Kendal W. Carlson" <carlsonk@drhsi.org> wrote in news:eedg8A3sDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb...

Autocomplete
I have a spreadsheet that when I type the letter "a" in a cell and press enter, a check mark is displayed in the cell. Could someone tell me if this is a macro, I didn't see a macro listed or if not how would I be able to do this. I am using Excel 2000. Thanks in advance for your help. Hi maybe 'Tools - autocorrection' or check the worksheet module (right-click on the tab name and choose 'Code') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0D9C7D4A-7B47-4853-8668-006B1BAD1092@mic...

AutoComplete
I have a list that includes numbers and text. Is there any kind of workaround to make AutoComplete work for the numbers as well as the text, in the limited context of a list? Sorry about re-posting this. Last night I just got a terse, uninformative response! thanks. Hmm... I saw your previous post and was disappointed at the response you got. Responses like that are less frequent here than on other boards, but they still happen. Excel does not try to autocomplete numbers due to the infinitesimal nature of them; in a given list of words, there are far fewer possibilities and more likeliho...

Subverting autocomplete
Is there any way to subvert autocomplete so that it does it's looking up in a range other than the active column? The effect I'm trying to achieve is have a list of names in one place, list A, and have the user entering names in another, list B, but have the auto complete use list A for doing the autocomplete and not list B. I realize with some really ugly and massive use of OnKey and AutoComplete I can give the illusion of this but that's unacceptable. I want to subvert Excel's built in feature. -- Terry "I said I never had much use for one, I never said I didn&#...

autocomplete is wrong

Autocomplete
Hello, I am using IE7 on XPSP2. I recently changed a username and password I use for a website and for some reason autocomplete did not ask me if I want to use the new username and does not autocomplete the username or password now unless I use the old ones. Is there some way I can fix just this website's autocomplete without deleting all autocomplete entries for all websites? -- Thanks, Bob BBran wrote: > IE7 on XPSP2 > autocomplete > fix just this website's autocomplete without deleting all autocomplete > entries for all websites? No way ...

autocomplete not working after change to new server
I had to rebuild a new exchange server and have created a new set of users and email addresses. The autocomplete setting is on in Outlook, and the global address list is set up with the new users email addresses etc. However the users still log in using the old account info, and have full mailbox access to their new account's mailbox (on the new server) Its a bit messy for now, but Im using exmerge to get the old emails out of the dead server. Thanks L Do new profiles have this issue? What happens why they try to check name? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provide...

autocomplete?
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way that I can use some sort of autocomplete for filling in columns for predefined worksheets. for example: in column A rows 50 through 60 I have information that If I type in any thing that matches in rows 1 through 10 then autocomplete will come into play. (ie. if I have words such as one, two, three, etc. and in row 1 I typed in O then autocomplete would show me an option to enter the word one, tw would opt for two, etc.) Is there a way to do this? Autocomplete depends on how far the existing entries are from the cell you're typing (i...

AutoComplete weirdness
I don't work in Excel much, but I was always under the assumption that AutoComplete only worked if there were no gaps in the data in a given column. However, I had a user come to me today and prove me wrong. :-) After some testing, here's what we discovered. It turns out that there CAN be gaps in the data, as long as there no are gaps in the data in an adjacent column. For example, my user had a spreadsheet where column A was completely filled - no gaps. Column B had gaps in the data - but AutoComplete still worked. Is this a bug, or just an undocumented "feature"...