zeros are being added to my numbers

Hi when i type a number into a cell ie 6 when i leave the cell a zero is
automatically added. I dont want this zero to be added
--
des
0

In front or at the end?

Check:

a. Tools|Options|Edit tab, uncheck Fixed Decimal
b. Format the cell as General

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"des" <alberyds@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:564346C5-2851-4B9B-A616-D4305AECD360@microsoft.com...
| Hi when i type a number into a cell ie 6 when i leave the cell a zero is
| automatically added. I dont want this zero to be added
| --
| des

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/25/2006 6:59:45 PM
Hi Niek Otten your fix  worked Thanks
--
des

"Niek Otten" wrote:. Hanks

> In front or at the end?
>
> Check:
>
> a. Tools|Options|Edit tab, uncheck Fixed Decimal
> b. Format the cell as General
>

> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "des" <alberyds@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:564346C5-2851-4B9B-A616-D4305AECD360@microsoft.com...
> | Hi when i type a number into a cell ie 6 when i leave the cell a zero is
> | automatically added. I dont want this zero to be added
> | --
> | des

0
alberyds (5)

Converting Numbers to words
I preapre inovices using Excel. I have to put the total amount in words I want to convert number to words. Example If cell A1 contains134.65 then in another cell (say B1) it should be Rupees One Hundred Thirty Four and Paise Sixty Five only (Please note the currency..Rupees, Paise and also "only" at the end) Can nay one help? seena Two sources of routines to convert numbers to words are: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/213360 You should be able to modify one of those to add Rupees, Paise and only. If not, let us know whi...

How can I circle numbers.
Wingdings Symbols only go up to the number 10 circled, I need to circle up to at least 30: Thank you for your help -- DocT There are (probably pretty ugly) circled numbers up to 50 in Chinese fonts -- see if you can access Unicode 2780 through 2789 and 3251 through 325F and 32B1 through 32BF (I can't find the teens, but they have to be in there somewhere!). To use these, type the four-digit code on the regular keyboard and then press Alt-X. On Dec 16, 9:37=A0am, Doc <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wingdings Symbols only go up to the number 10 circled, I n...

how can I delete the four zeros at the end of a field?
I have a database of company names and DUNS numbers. Numerous people made entries into this database. Some of the DUNS numbers have four 0s at the end, and some do not. For my purposes they all have to be the same length -- either with the four zeros or without them, but all the same length. I created two queries to separate the two sets of numbers. They are in text format, and some begin with a 0. So, if I convert them to numbers and multiply or divide by 10,000 they still will not be right, because the starting 0 will be dropped. They were also, BTW, provided in a number format...

Invoices without numbers
We deal with a number of small vendors which do not use invoice numbers. Since GP's only uses the invoice number to check with duplicates there is no check for duplicates. Wondering what processes others might be using in these circumstances. Thanks We have the same issue. We tend to use the date of the invoice as the invoice number. The hard part is making sure that AP users enter it consistently every time. We've finally standardarized on Month, Day, Year (MMDDYYYY) with no dashes, marks or spaces. Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) noyb wrote: > We deal with a number of small v...

Filters
I want to number the rows of filtered cells, 1, 2, 3... I can't fill series, or use the formula =a2+1... Is there any way I can do this? Cheers Try somehting like this: Put the row count outside of the filtered data. Assume the filtered range is B2:C10. Enter this formula in A2 and copy down to A10: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) I'm assuming there are no empty cells in B2:B10. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "twinkle17" <twinkle17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E996E39A-012D-4D71-991F-5A436468C87D@microsoft.com... >I want to number the rows of filte...

Format Page number
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to have my page number format in 0000 form, such that instead of page 1, i would have 0001 , page 2, i would have 0002 and so on for every page of my microsoft word.. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!! Toggle the Page number field to show {Page}. Add a formatting switch {Page \# "0000"} then update the field. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps....

CDynamicAccessor and database row number problem
Hello I'm in need of writing a code of getting data from Access database. Everything works fine except that I have no idea how to get number of rows (in while loop it goes just forever). Snippet looks like that: CLSID clsid = {0xdee35070L,0x506b,0x11cf, {0xb1,0xaa,0x0,0xaa,0x0,0xb8,0xde, 0x95}}; //Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 CDataSource ds; CSession session; HRESULT hr; BOOLEAN err = FALSE; CString path = "D:\\temp\\dbase.mdb"; hr=ds.Open(clsid,path,N...

How do I make Excel stop rounding off my numbers that are 16 digi.
Using Excel 2003... I want to type in a 16 digit number without it rounding of the last digit. In example I type 6038060611469583 and I get 6038060611469580. I give the number enough space and I have tried to go to format and select custom but I cant seem to type in a format that would avoid my number from rounding off. Hi Excel supports only 15 significant digits. As I doubt you want to calculate with this number try one of the following: - preformat the cell as 'Text' - enter the value with a leading apostrophe. e.g. '6038060611469583 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germ...

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs
Hey! ANyone know how to not plot values if they equal zero in the graphs? Thanks!! keith -- hopeace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hopeace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487862 I had this problem. I wrote a macro that scanned my data and wherever it found a value of zero it deleted the cell contents. They then do not plot on charts. My data values were complex formulas, so I wrote a second macro to reinstate the formulas so ...

How do I add a numbered list AFTER I typed up my entire document?
I am setting up a restaurant menu in MSWord 07 in this type of format Hamburger......................................$6.00 basic burger cooked to your liking House Salad...................................$7.00 Fresh garden vegetables with your choice of dressing my whole document is setup like that and what i want to do now is add numbers to the actual food item and keep the description directly underneath the food item. If i disable numbered list i can get 1 line of the description to be indented, but the second line doesn't follow suit....any ideas? i already have...

Formatting decimal numbers as time
I have a timesheet that's used for payroll purposes. The sheet is about as simple as it can get. I would like to be able to enter the time worked for XXXXXX as a decimal number and have it display as hours and minutes. For example: 4.5 hours would display as 4:30 2.1 hours would display as 2:06 For any computation of the time, such as adding the two time examples above, the calculations would work with the original decimal numbers, and the total would yield 6.6 hours of time. Yet the display in the cell would be 6:36 You would think this would be a relatively easy thing to do, p...

Push out Office via AD/Group policy
Ok, I have gone through the process to install Office 2007 through AD/Group Policy Management Console on machines in our domain. With other applications we push out, if the application isn't installed, it installs it. If it is installed, it doesn't do anything else. It appears though that with the Office Enterprise 2007 that if it IS installed, that it re installs Office 2007... Is there a way to configure AD/GPMC to only install Office if it ISN'T installed already????? Thanks Steve Phone Support for Office Enterprise is free. See the below Here you wi...

What formula should I use to count a number of records?
I have a list of computers....I want to count the total number of computers in my list. I'm going nuts...it should be simple, but I can't figure it out!!! "Princesshera1" <Princesshera1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76EBE74A-B0F0-4DDF-98B5-61A393484EA9@microsoft.com... >I have a list of computers....I want to count the total number of computers > in my list. I'm going nuts...it should be simple, but I can't figure it > out!!! Err COUNT? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, y...

Adding VB Code in MSGP
Hi, I'm new in MSGP, need help from expert here. I noticed that when we do reveiving, we actually can receive more that what we order. I need to restrict user to receive more than what they order. i'm not sure hot to control on this. My colleague give me a suggestion, write a vb code to check the quantity before they save. if quantity order - qty cancel < qty received before + qty received - qty rejected, then cannot save and prompt error message, else just proceed to save. i know all the table field, but i'm not sure how to write the coding, and is there any other way ...

adding sound to an email
Tried to follow the directions in the knowledge base to add a sound to an email - - but got an error msg that said: Object was created in HMTLInLineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object." Any idea where I go from here???? s/Rick ...

Adding to Great Plains menus
Hello, I have some forms I've developed and I need to include it in menu extras (form Command_System, command CL_Extras). Does somebody know how to achieve it? Thanks you in advance. A.L. Please see the sample applications provided with Dexterity as they have a menu example. Also look at part 5: Navigation of the Integration Guide pdf manual (IG.PDF) which is installed with Dexterity. A hint is to use Runtime_GetCurrentProductID() whenever you refer to command forms or commands in your dictionary and DYNAMICS when referring to original command forms and commands. Runtime_GetCurren...

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Continous page numbering across numerous section breaks
I'm using MS Office 2007 Professional on a Vista Home system. When in Word, how can I insert continous pages numbers throughout the document which has several section breaks within the document. The first section is just fine, however the page numbering starts all over at the next section break. I've tried numerous ways and still cannot overcome this problem. -- Regards, Colormegone In the affected sections, go to Insert | Page Numbers | Format Page Number and change from Start at 1 to "Continue from previous section." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microso...

Sorting numbers with text
Hello, I need to sort two colums - one is a date - example 3/20/2008 04/5/2008 5/07/2008 and then another column of numbers - example 2007A2563 2007B3546 2007A2873 I really need the numbers after the letter to be in order. The first numbers just pertain to the year, the numbers after the letter are file numbers. Thanks for any help. -- Dena320 If the data is consistent as your example shows, I would break the column of alpha numbers into two columns using data>text to columns>fixed width Sort by new number-only column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:38:00 -...

Frustrating problem with adding funds ....
Hi I have a very strange problem. I am testing the trial version of Money 2004 and it works great with my job computer (win XP Pro). When i tried it with my home coputer (Win XP Home) i have got a strange problem. When I add investments "Managed funds" and make transactions like "buy" and "add shares" I can only enter quantity and price with whole numbers, like 1, 2, 25, 43 and so on. I can not enter quantity and price with decimals. For example when i enter a price of 8,20 Money changes that to 82. When I enter a price of 43,24 (43 dollars and 24 cent...

numbers above dates on x axis
I have dates on x axis, from Oct 10 1999 through June 19 2000. I would like to put numbers, starting with 1, above each date. Is it possible to do this as another x axis or is the only option to physically put each number above each date (such as a text box), such as, the number 1 above Oct 10 1999, the number 2 above Oct 11 1999, etc. Thanks for any reply. Nanofish, Try setting your data up like this - assume the data covers cells A1:C7 and that the title "Data" is in cell C1. The chart will automatically add two X-axis labels - in the case dates on the bottom and numbe...

Spurious blank records being added
Hi I have a form Customers and a subform Bookings. The subforms Allow Additions property is set to false and Data Entry to false. I put a button on the Customers form, New Booking, which changes the subforms Allow Additions property to true and Data Entry to true. If the user now closes the form without adding any booking details, a blank record gets created. In order to try to prevent this, I set one of the fields in the Booking table to required. Validation > 0. Validation message "Booking not added". That works fine, i.e. if the user backs out they get a message "Booking ...

Adding macro code to Personal Macro Workbook
Greetings, I have a .bas file and would like to insert this code directly into my personal macro workbook. However, I can't find a way to DIRECTLY insert the code. The only thing close is to record a dummy macro, then step into that macro and insert the *.bas code that I really want. Can someone tell me of a better way to do this? I'd just open the .bas in notepad and copy|paste to my favorite module. but if you right click on the project (when you're in the VBE), there's an "Import File" option that may work the way you want. mika wrote: > > Gree...

Style Outline Numbering

How do I alter default to turn off superscript for numbers, dates
I'm using Word and Vista, and would like to know how to change the default so that dates and numbers (1st, 2nd, etc) don't come up in superscript. I've looked in Word Options but can't find a solution. Go to Word Options>Proofing>AutoCorrect Options>AutoFormat tab and uncheck the box for "Ordinals (1st) with superscript" -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Jay Dee" <Jay Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...