Wrap not wrapping

I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as
I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap.
Anyone have a clue?
Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge...

Ralphael, the OLD one

0
ambraja (40)

Ralpael

Format>Cells>Alignment tab.  Wrap text is on this Tab.

Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.

Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".

If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem
as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 28 Sep 2005 13:36:58 -0700, "Ralphael1" <ambraja@aol.com> wrote:

>I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as
>I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap.
>Anyone have a clue?
>Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge...
>
>Ralphael, the OLD one

0
Gord
9/28/2005 10:01:12 PM
Gord Dibben wrote:
> Ralpael
>
> Format>Cells>Alignment tab.  Wrap text is on this Tab.
>
> Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.
>
> Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".
>
> If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem
> as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Gord, I always do just as you pointed out  except for the "Autofit."
I have no idea what this is or where to look for it. I have never used
this before and have had no problems until today.

Ralphael, the Old one.

0
ambraja (40)
9/28/2005 10:30:47 PM
Select the cell and Format>Row>Autofit.

Gord

On 28 Sep 2005 15:30:47 -0700, "Ralphael1" <ambraja@aol.com> wrote:

>Gord Dibben wrote:
>> Ralpael
>>
>> Format>Cells>Alignment tab.  Wrap text is on this Tab.
>>
>> Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.
>>
>> Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".
>>
>> If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem
>> as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.
>>

>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>
>Gord, I always do just as you pointed out  except for the "Autofit."
>I have no idea what this is or where to look for it. I have never used
>this before and have had no problems until today.
>
>Ralphael, the Old one.

0
Gord
9/29/2005 3:17:14 PM
Many thanks, it works now. KUDOS 2 U

Ralph

0
ambraja (40)
9/29/2005 11:53:10 PM
What is the Code for the merged cells?  I have this proble all the time
and just mess with the borders until it look right....very
frustrating.

--
pknivens
pknivens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27675

pk

You have asked for code to deal with autofitting merged cells.

I will first give you my standard rant on merged cells.

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all affected by merged
cells.

Now the code<g>

Jim Rech has written code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

Gord

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:07:10 -0500, pknivens
<pknivens.1w67yg_1128081949.6375@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>What is the Code for the merged cells?  I have this proble all the time
>and just mess with the borders until it look right....very
>frustrating.
>

>Ralphael1 Wrote:
>> Gord Dibben wrote:
>> > Ralpael
>> >
>> > Format>Cells>Alignment tab.  Wrap text is on this Tab.
>> >
>> > Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it.
>> >
>> > Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit".
>> >
>> > If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother
>> problem
>> > as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code.
>> >

>> > Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>> >
>> Gord, I always do just as you pointed out  except for the "Autofit."
>> I have no idea what this is or where to look for it. I have never used
>> this before and have had no problems until today.
>>
>> Ralphael, the Old one.

0
Gord

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

wrap
Hi i want set wrap on as default in excel. what must i do thank you Open a new workbook. Right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets". CTRL + a to select all cells. Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text checked. Select A1 then right-click on a sheet tab and "Ungroup sheets". File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Da...

XL2003: why does word wrap stop wrapping?
One of the problems I've run into since I've been using v2003 is that after a while, data in a cell stops wrapping even when text wrap is on. At that point, I have to manually go in an add the line breaks. This seems to happen to cells with a lot of information in them. Was wondering why this was the case. In XL2K, we had the 255 character limit, of course, but in 2003 we can enter so much more information. But then the word wrap problem begins. Is there a way around this problem? thx :oD Yes, you need to add Alt-Enters every 100 characters or so. StargateFanNotAtHome wrote:...

Dropdown list data validation
I have a column of cells that contain part names and descriptions. The descriptions are multi-lined within the cell via line feeds of Alt+Enter. I would like to use this range as the source for a data list. However the drop down list generated shows each cell as a continous line. Eg, if I have a cell with Whistle Type: Shiny With chain Then the drop down list row for this is:- WhistleType: ShinyWith chain Is there any way to just use the first line? I know I could separate the name from the description but this will impact on the functionality of the rest of my work!...

bad type for word wrap
Dynamics GP v9.0 Message pops up in a window with the error "Bad type for word wrap." Purchasing>transaction entry User creates a credit memo, saves, posts. When printing this message pops up. It does not cause any problems with the posting or printing. It is more of an annoyance than anything. Can anyone tell me how to stop it from popping up? It happens even if I change the default printer. -- ToddR Has the posting report been modified? If so, does the same message appear if you disable the modified report for the user, forcing use of the standard version? -- Richar...

Text Wrap on Internet Messages BROKEN???
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. A user complained that long URL's that were being sent to external mail accounts were being split at column 72. I verified with my external account that this was indeed happening. Here's what I've done so far: 1. I checked the default global policy and text wrap was set to never. (We have no other Internet Message Format policies.) 2. I verified that the messages that I was sending were plain-text messages. 3. I verified that my Outlook options were set to do word wrapping at column 132. 4. I verified that plain-text messages sent to my Excha...

max number of wrap/turns in text wrapping?
After 31 turns, the text wrapping decides not wrap any more, the last line keeps go out to the right and become hidden. Although when i click on it to enter more text, it wraps correctly but as soon as I click on somewhere else it goes back to the old state (not correct wrapping). Is there a way to make it wrap correctly or maybe there is a max number of turns a cell can support? thanks!! Have you tried using <Alt> <Enter> at appropriate places within the cell? -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all ...

Text Wrap Options
Never have been able to figure out how to wrap text around inserted pictures placed in the upper left corner of the document. Have only been able to get the cursor at the lowest corner of the image. Would like the text to wrap around the entire height of the image. Guidance sought Square wrapping should allow you to type beside the image. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7FA8208-EA1C-4B33-B42A-817AF93BDD5E@microsoft...

wrap text
hi gurus under the following I need help. I am trying to type the following set under task name in just one field but the shift->enter does not work , so I need help the first line here and then: A. the bullet here B. the bullet here C. the bullet here can I get soem help making this happen -- guaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guaro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219556.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1336460.htm http://forums.techarena.in As far as I ...

Word Wrap hiding text
Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. Thanks Matt I have the same issue.... "mattrgore@gmail.com" wrote: > Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come > on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I > open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. > > Thanks > > Matt > > ...

Wrap text function does not work on all cells
My wrap text function does not work in all cells. The issue is this: - It will wrap text for about 20 lines then the last line of the cell will not wrap. Cannot figure out what causes the sudden reason that the wrap text function will not continue working in the cell. Try adding some alt-enters to your text to force new lines within the cell. You can usually see more of the contents that way. deer777 wrote: > > My wrap text function does not work in all cells. The > issue is this: > > - It will wrap text for about 20 lines then the last line > of the cell will n...

Text does not Wrap, but Wrap Text is Selected
When I have a large group of text in a cell sometimes the text towards the end will not wrap. This occures even if I increase the row height. Wrap text is checked in Format Cells. How do i correct this? I bet that this cell has a lot of characters in it. Sometimes if you add a few alt-enters (line breaks within the cell), xl will act nicer. R Robertson wrote: > > When I have a large group of text in a cell sometimes the > text towards the end will not wrap. This occures even if I > increase the row height. > > Wrap text is checked in Format Cells. > > How d...

ROWS WRaP AROUND
Trying to import a comma delimited file, which I have done several times. This time the file has 2 rows for each name, address, etc. Excel imports as 2 rows, but I need all the names in one column. How can I put 2nd row in import file into one long row in excel Jess If I read it right your imported file ends up with something like this in the top two rows A B C D 1 Feet per Tom 432 Elm St Accoun 2 Mile Invoice Hanks Anyt...

wrapping
We receive files from our customer along with a laser showing everything looking fine, when we bring them up on our screen (no missing fonts) the word wrap on the text box heading (and only some of the graphics) they have created are all different. I need to go through the whole document with their lasers making sure they match up, in most cases it means just taking the wrap off. It almost seems as though there isn't any wrapping done on their end but it magically appears on our end. One note though, we had the problem before and noticed they sent the document in in web format, we ...

Text won't wrap
I'm trying to get my text to wrap, and it won't - even when I use th Format Cells > Alignment > Text Control > Wrap Text function. I'v tried selecting one cell and formatting it, and selecting all cells an formatting them at the same time. :rolleyes: What could I be doin wrong? Thanks in advance for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com girl Make sure Format>Row>Autofit is clicked. If you are trying to wrap text on merged cells, Autofit won't work. Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......

Text wrapping button grayed out
My text wrapping button is grayed out, also the position button. I am using newly installed Word 2007. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document sent by somebody else these buttons then work on their document Any help appreciated. ...

wrap on
Hi i want when i open EXcel the wrap option was on or i want set wrap on as sefult what must i do I believe you'll need a macro to accomplish this, but I wouldn't recommend it, because sometimes you are opening other people's workbooks where the text wrapping is already set correctly. If they have not protected their worksheet, you'll just make a mess of it every time you try to open it. When you open Excel, you can just turn this on right away by clicking the box above the 1 and beside the A (this selects your whole worksheet) and go to Format | Cells | Alignment to c...

Wrapping Text
After inserting a photo with a 0.5cm margin to the right hand side, my text at the side of the picture isn't spacing correctly. Some words have a single space between them as normal but others end up with what appears to be several spaces when infact if I hit the delete button there is only one space but it is much bigger than normal. Why is this and waht can I do to overcome it? Do things change if you use Align Left, Center, Align Right or Justify? (Buttons on the tool bar) -- Don Vancouver, USA "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Word wrapping
Hi, I need word-wrapping functionality in my CEdit derived class. If is it possible to do this ? If yes how to do it ? Or it is needed CEditView derived class ? Thanks ! Peter >I need word-wrapping functionality in my CEdit derived class. >If is it possible to do this ? If yes how to do it ? Peter, If you have a multi-line edit control (ES_MULTILINE style) and don't have the ES_AUTOHSCROLL style set, the control will automatically word-wrap. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

XXXXX error for word wrapping
I'm using XP and Excel 2000. I'm not a sophisticated user. My word wrap is functioning in some cells but not others. I imported a text document into a new worksheet. In the process, I chose a format for each column as some are numbers, dates or text. One text column has a lot in it (from 20-100 words each) After I imported it, I highlighted that entire column and chose word wrap. However, only some of the columns are wrapping; the rest have the #### indicating an error. After reading the help file on ####, I can't find how I've screwed up. I've checked the for...