working with textboxes-VBA

I'm not new to excel but quite new to VBA.

I'm doing a deficiency log and have 2 input forms.  One for project info
that will be linked to the same cells and I need to be able to call it
up for edit but the cell/textbox links will always be the same.

The other will accept text inputs and put them in a running named range
and I need to be able to access the named range and the related cells so
that the original entry can be edited or added to.  Navigating the named
range is working fine but the text boxes interaction is not working.

On my first attempt, evrything worked great and then a new duplicate
userform was created and thus my confusion.

A start on the 1st one would be appreciated, and the methodology of
recalling a past entry seems to be the key to both.

I missing the basics work with textbox binding, maybe I'm just tired:(.

TIA
zxc

--
zxc
0

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Running VBA Macros in Outlook 2003
I have an application which runs perfectly in my (single user) Outlook 2003. I run a macro which copies all the attacments and the body of the email to a disc folder. At the client's networked workstations, I get a message that macros won't run (in Outlook 2003). I've looked at the Microsoft's explanations - phew!!! I guess that there is some sort of system ban. Can anyone suggest how I might approach the System Admin. to allow this single macro to run on some of the network workstations? I've seen something about "signatures"? Is this a way of getting round ...

ComboBox Values to TextBox
Hi, On my form "frmDetails", I have a ComboBox "cboProblem" and a field [RATE] The ComboBox looks up the values from the table tblProblem with 3 fields [ID] [TASK] [RATE] The 3 fields are formatted as AutoNumber, Text and Currency The ComboBox RowSource is SELECT [tblProblem].[ID], [tblProblem].[Task], [tblProblem].[Rate] FROM tblProblem; I need to select a Problem from the ComboBox and the [Rate] field automatically populate. I am using Access 2007. I have tried a few variants of the following but cannot get get the field to populate. "Me!Rate = Me!Problem.Colu...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet?
in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet? Hi Daniel, Try something like: Dim WB As Workbook Dim WS As Worksheet Set WB = ActiveWorkbook With WB .Sheets("Mysheet").Copy Before:=.Sheets(1) End With Set WS = ActiveSheet --- Regards, Norman "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OdVZVvmgFHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference > to > th...

VBA Coding Help
Hi, I am updating our invoice form which is generated from Access via VBA to Word. I need to replace 1 field from the main table with another field in VBA. When I just change all instances of the old field name to the new field name I get an error code every time. Can someone advise me the est way to update this? I need to move "SalesDate" and "SaleDate2" to "REPPUN" please see the code below and I apologize if this is too much code but I am very basic with VBA and don't know what you might need to help me. 'Build SQL clauses for re...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

how can I export data by VBA and specify type of delimitor
I want to export data from excel by VBA and specify to use ',' as delimitor. but I can only export a file rename to .csv. but when I open it, it still a excel file, but not a text file. How can I do it? Million thanks. You could (temporarily???) change your windows list separator: Windows start button|Settings|control panel regional and language Settings Options applet. regional Options tab|customize button List separator near the bottom of the dialog. Or you could use a macro. You could borrow some code from one of these sites: Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/...

Excel VBA
I have a drop-down list that populates from a range of cells. This rang of cells includes criteria for several regions: test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 test8 test9 What I need to do is if user selects Region 1, drop-down displays: test1 test2 test3 If user selects Region 2, drop-down displays: test4 test5 test6 If user selects Region 3, drop-down displays: test7 test8 test9 Should I break up the lists into separate lists and use an II statement? If so, can someone show me how I would implement this? Or is the best solution for this a macro or VBA module. I'm not sure ho to ap...

Spell check not working.

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...

Working with WORKS
We have some spreadsheets in WORKS 4.5 fpr Windows 95. But Excel 2000 won't open them. It says that the version is incompatible. How can that be if it is an older version of WORKS? Using Windows XP. -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.co...

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

VBA to select all cells with content
Hi I need some advice with some VBA coding. I need to select all the cells in my worksheet which have content. Effectively selecting from A1 to the last cell in the last row , whichever it happens to be.. Can someone help with this? Thanks Try Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Select -- HTH Bob "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:LSmplIAFvRtLFwPL@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi > > I need some advice with some VBA coding. > > I need to select all the cells in my worksheet which have content...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...