working with excel worksheets, formulas

hi,

i need to set up an Excel workbook that will allow me to input my sales
data; and base on that data, give me performance stats, such as pulling sales
from a particular date and outputting average sale or sales conversion rate.

any help is much appreciated.

here's what i've got:
on one worksheet i have the stats/performance summary that cover one week;
on the next worksheet, i have sale invoices with dates, prices, types,
quantity and client info
on the third worksheet, i would like to track my commission, because each
type of  product has different rate of commission.

the main thing is, i need to fine a formula that would select a date from a
column range, base on that date sum up the sales on another column

tia,

wayne

0
Wayne (81)

Type date you need to look for in A1
in B1
=VLOOKUP(A1,E1:H25,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A21,E1:H25,3,FALSE)
fill in arguments that apply to your woorksheet.
FALSE is when the dates are not sorted
TRUE would be for a sorted column of dates

=VLOOKUP($A$1,DateColumn,ColumnToReadFfrom,FALSE)+(VLOOKUP($A$1,DateColumn,ColumnToReadFrom,FALSE))

"wayne" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i need to set up an Excel workbook that will allow me to input my sales
> data; and base on that data, give me performance stats, such as pulling sales
> from a particular date and outputting average sale or sales conversion rate.
>
> any help is much appreciated.
>
> here's what i've got:
> on one worksheet i have the stats/performance summary that cover one week;
> on the next worksheet, i have sale invoices with dates, prices, types,
> quantity and client info
> on the third worksheet, i would like to track my commission, because each
> type of  product has different rate of commission.
>
> the main thing is, i need to fine a formula that would select a date from a
> column range, base on that date sum up the sales on another column
>
> tia,
>
> wayne

0
ufopilot (81)

"Page setup" "sheet" in Excel problem
When attempting to print row titles on each page I am having difficulty. In the preview mode I click "setup" "sheet", but I am unable to enter to rows that I want repeated. Any suggestions In Normal, Page Break Preview, or Page Layout view, choose File/Page Setup... In article <475FACA6-B203-4F67-9F4B-147FDE132132@microsoft.com>, Vern T <Vern T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When attempting to print row titles on each page I am having difficulty. In > the preview mode I click "setup" "sheet", but I am unable to enter to ro...

MS Excel expense sheet password lost
Hello. i'm trying to edit the a ms excel expense statement/re-imbursement template. unfortunately, it's password protected (and nobody at work knows what it is). does anyone know of a program that can crack an ms excel password or know a way of over coming this problem? all i want to do is duplicate, re-arrange, and rename the sheets. wil. Hi Wil check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for information Cheers JulieD "Wil" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9622D5640ED93nospamnospamcom@207.46.248.16... > Hello. i'm trying ...

Help in Excel 2003
In the older Excel 2000, when I right-click on a heading in the Help Table of Contents, I get a choice of Open all, Close all, or Print .... Choosing "Print ..." then gives me a dialog box with two choices--Print the selected topic, or Print the selected heading and all subtopics. Is there an easy way in Excel 2003 to get this choice of Printing the selected heading and all subtopics? Right-clicking on a Table of Contents heading in Exccel 2003 does not present me any choices; it does nothing. Perhaps there is a setting I can change somewhere to make the Excel 2003 Help sys...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

Excel lookup #2
I am using the date time picker control in cell a1 on page a in m spreadsheet. In cell b1 on on page 2 i have an if statement to choos cell a1 on page a if the date field is populated otherwise prin "Update Test Number". I can't populate cell b1 on page b with the valu from the date time picker control. Anyone know how to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

Starting Excel #2
How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets always starts on a specific sheet. Hi put the following type of code into your workbook module ('Thisworkbook'): sub workbook_open() me.worksheets("sheet1").activate end sub "Gerrym" wrote: > How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets > always starts on a specific sheet. > ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Excel 2003 versus Excel 2007 calculation speed
I'm running an interesting test on a PC of Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. I ran a Monte Carlo simulation in Excel 2003. The workbook has 50 input cells (cells where random values per distributions are input) and 200 calculation (formula) cells. So, it is basically a small workbook. No conditional formatting. No charts. The VBA code calculates random values per distributions and puts into the input cells. The workbook is then recalculated and the values of the input and output cells (20 of the formula cells) are recorded. Only cell values are recorded - formatting is not set on ...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

Excel 2000
Hello I am new and exhausted from trying to find an answer to m problem. I enter a date into a cell (ex. 020206 which should auto format t 02/02/2006) but when I hit enter I get a weird date that comes u 1/23/7436. This happens with any date I enter. I tried to custom format the cel ##/##/## but that doesn't work, and I tried "text to columns" but ha no success. Any help with detailed solutions would be appreciated. thank -- vt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vtz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Cursor over data point on Excel Chart
For an x-y graph in Excel where the x values are dates and the y values are stock data, I have formatted it so I see the dates along the horizontal x axis. All good so far, but when I place my cursor pointer over a data point, it flashes up the numeric value for the date, then the price point like this: (37934, 1254) I wonder if there is a formatting technique to force it to show the date in date format. It would be easier for me to identify a particular date since I space out the date labels along the axis and can't determine with precision the exact date of a point I've placed th...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

Calendar Creation in Excel
I was tasked with creating a calendar in Excel, that could then be printed and used in our department. The calendar had to be created to specific requirements: 1. The last three months of 2004 had to be included; 2. The full of 2005 had to be included; 3. The first three months of 2006 had to be included; 4. The reverse of the calendar had to show the full year for 2004 and the full year for 2006; Items 1, 2 & 3 had to follow on from each other and had to be in the format with the days down the sides and the months along the top. As I couldn't find a...

Automatic Calculation of Table Formulas
Is there a way to set Word so that a target cell automatically re-calculates whenver any of the cells used in the formula is changes? Only if the components of the formula are provided from the results of form fields in a protected form and you have the calculate on exit check box properties of the fields checked. Otherwise you would have to force an update of the fields in the calculation. You can do that with a macro, such as that used as an example at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm Alternatively you can insert an Excel table and have the full panoply of Excel fu...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Inserting Pictures into Excel cell
I would like to insert a Picture or a word file into an excel worksheet cell, but keep it hidden behind the cells below. Usually, when I insert a word file, etc. it appears on top in full and covers cells underneath. Is there a way of inserting a file in a cell, keep most of it hidden so that when you click on the cell, the whole thing appears. When you click on another cell, it hides again? Please let me know in simple clear English. Hi AFAIK not really, when you insert pictures into excel they don't actually go into a cell ... the "best" option, might be to insert the...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

Clear cell from formula?

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...