WorkBooks In Separate Windows.

Hi.

     Always in the past when I have created a new Workbook, it opened in a
new Window, separate from the Workbook that was already open. Now, today,
for no reason that I'm aware of, Excel refuses to put the new Workbook in a
separate Window. It puts the new one in the same window, on top of the one
that was already open.

     Did I state that clearly?? Do you know what I mean??

     I cannot get the new Workbook into its own Window. I can split the
Window, so both Workbooks are visible, but that's not what I want. I want
the new Workbook in its own Window, totally separate from the workbook that
was already open. It has always done that in the past.

Does anybody have any idea why it suddenly refuses to let me have two
windows for two Workbooks?? And how can I correct it??

Thanks,

Sam

0
samuelc (2)

In Excel, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "Windows in
Taskbar" box | OK.

Sam wrote:

> Hi.
>
>      Always in the past when I have created a new Workbook, it opened in a
> new Window, separate from the Workbook that was already open. Now, today,
> for no reason that I'm aware of, Excel refuses to put the new Workbook in a
> separate Window. It puts the new one in the same window, on top of the one
> that was already open.
>
>      Did I state that clearly?? Do you know what I mean??
>
>      I cannot get the new Workbook into its own Window. I can split the
> Window, so both Workbooks are visible, but that's not what I want. I want
> the new Workbook in its own Window, totally separate from the workbook that
> was already open. It has always done that in the past.
>
> Does anybody have any idea why it suddenly refuses to let me have two
> windows for two Workbooks?? And how can I correct it??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

Displaying the date a workbook was modified
How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a worksheet? -- Bodene ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24924 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384824 This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet in the book. Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the data to be automatic or ...

Project 2007 on Windows 7
I can not install project on my pc. i keep getting a message sasying that it can not find my version of office installed. I do have office 2007 installed and when I point it at this it says the version is not sutable for upgrade. I am not trying to upgrade and am not using an upgrade disk but it will not let me past this point. I don't recall that Office is a pre-requisite for Project 2007. Are you sure that Windows 7 and Office 2007 is activated? --rms www.rmschneider.com Adam wrote: > I can not install project on my pc. i keep getting a message sasying...

New workbook, same window..
This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Everytime I open a workbook it opens in the same window as the last one. There was a time, in the dim and distant past when each time I opened a workbook, it opened in a new seperate window. Tiling windows annoys me, I want two copies of excel running independently. I just can't figure it out. I know its obvious and stupid, but please help! Cheers, Ben On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:52:58 -0700, "Bungers" <bungers@mailinator.com> wrote: >This is a daft one, but I can't find a solution anywhere. > &g...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

problem repainting child window
Hi! I have a child window with a timer. The timer runs a function that invalidated the window one time every second. When this windows is not a child it runs ok, but when it's a child the Invalidate function is ignored. How can i resolve this problem?? I have debugged the application and the timmer is running when the window is a child. Thank you very much Are you calling Invalidate followed by a UpdateWindow? Invalidate simply invalidates the region for updating next time a paint is issued. UpdateWindow forces a paint. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Is anything else h...

How to keep MDI window size while cascading?
My application sets all MDI child windows to new size while cascading. What can I do to keep their sizes? ...

Linking Workbooks #3
I'm not sure if this is an excel function or an access function. (I don't know Access - however I'm fairly well versed at Excel). My company has a separate Excel spreadsheet with data for each client. We'd like to continually update the data in the client specific spreadsheet and have a separate worksheet that regularly pulls the data from all clients/all worksheets that we may then reference, sort etc. How would we go about establishing this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Maybe the Merge Add-in or code from my site will help you See the "Copy/Paste/Merge example...

SSRS 2008 report properties code window language support
In the report properties code window, does SSRS support C# or VB only? Thanks G ...

How can I monitor windows's resource ?
my program used all resource of windows, how can I prevent this ? How can I monitor windows's resource ? dbdat, To monitor your app, you use a tool such as BoundsChecker. To prevent your app using up all Windows resources, you make sure that they are deleted as appropriate. The most common loss of resources are GDI-resource leaks. All GDI-objects must be unselected from their CDCs so as not to leak. A first step is to search for all SelectObject in your code, making sure that the objects so selected are unselected before destroyed. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "dbdat" ...

Prove that correction update for MS Windows
--dzqusmohwcols Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="repevhnytsqxzkrxb"; type="multipart/alternative" --repevhnytsqxzkrxb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xcfbfatdvundteu" --xcfbfatdvundteu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. ...

Chart from separate workbooks
Hello! I`m new to this group so greetings for everybody :). My questions (MS Excel 2007): There are 10 separate files, each containing a similar worksheet. There is an eleventh, cumulative file, containing a chart from these ten files. The number of files grows constantly. I would like the charts in the cumulative file to change, based on the newly created files. How to do this in a possibly automatic manner? For example: 5 persons are evaluated each month with a 10-question test and get a grade (from 1 to 5)for each question. In the cumulative file there is a chart depicting the mea...

workbook to workbook
In a cell in workbook no.1 I have this eneterd No.8-CRP-B1, in a cell in workbook no.2 in A7 i want to link this cells so it read the same and will update when updated. so I opened bolth notebooks whe into workbook no.2 and cell A7 entered = and then highlighted the cel in workbook no.1 for some reason I get the response #value why is this when I do this with other cells I have no problem? Thanks for the help -- MIKE0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2146 View this thr...

paste formulas between workbooks without workbook link
Hello, I want to copy and paste several cells, each containing formulas, from one workbook to another. The formulas contain references to several different sheets and I want the paste to contain the formulas exactly as they are in the originating workbook. When I paste these cells into the destination workbook, however, the formulas have inserted in them links to the originating workbook file name. The only way I can see to solve this problem is to individually select each cell, copy its formula from the edit formula field and then paste it into the edit formula field in the dest...

SMTP Mail Sending Problem Windows 7
Hi, I am using SMTPClient class for sending mail from my C# application. I have successfully sent mail in local area or outside of the domain. But, i met a strange problem. When i send the mail to the client who uses Windows 7 he cannot receive the mail, although exchange server tells me "it has delivered". I worked on it and i found a silly case. When i set MailPriority.High the client receives the mail. If i do not set the mail priority to high, the client does not receive the mail. Can Anyone tell me what is the problem, or has anybody met a problem as simi...

my colors change in my workbook when I open another workbook
I downloaded a template for Excel to my computer. When I use the template, the colors in other workbooks change. After I reboot, it all goes back to normal, until I open the template again. ...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

windows 2000 upgrade
CAN I UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL TO WINDOWS XP OR EVEN UP TO WINDOWS 7? THANX Just a polite reminder. Maybe you are unaware, but it is a convention and therefore considered impolite to post messages in upper case, because it implies you are shouting (as in angry) about something. I think you should should turn Caps Lock off when posting Suggest you post this to the Windows 7 Install, upgrade and activate forum instead of the * Windows Update * newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads -=- "PENCILHEAD" wrote: >...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

Windows 7 Advisor
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA988F.B1E6F910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running XP Pro. I ran the Windows 7 Advisor. I normally access my Temporary Internet Files manually and delete = everything. Since running the 7 Advisor, there are 40 to 50 files in my TIF folder = that I can not delete. With Command Prompt, those files do not appear, I've used = the /A, /S switches. Still they don't show up. These files appear to be links to Microsoft...

Autotext in Windows 7
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word 2009. 1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing. 2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what I am looking for. Any way around these problem, please? As far as I know, there is no way to accomplish what you want. :-( -- S...

removing reference to other workbook
hi i have a excel wookbook which contains references to other workbook. whenever i open this wookbook it asks me for updating the link to the other workbook. i want to remove these references to other workbook but am not able to figure out which cell is refering to the other workbook. i also have lot of references in the same workbook. i dont want the internal references to be removed. can anyone help me to accomplish this task. any help is highly appretiated. thankx in advance. pradyumna Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindL...

Linked Workbooks
Hi All, I'm using Excel 97 at work and there are two workbooks that someone has linked. I can't figure out how to unlink them. I go under "EDIT", "LINKS" and can view the linked workbook but see no way to delete the link. In Excel 2003 that I have at home I can delete the link. Any ideas? Thanks Brian If you search for .xls, you can find the cells with the links. Then you can copy|paste special|Values. Sometimes they can hide in hard to find spots. You could use Bill Manville's FindLink program to help find them: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm NoS...

IE7 & IE8 in Windows Directory
On Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all the updates maintained current as they have been published and offered by Microsoft Update procedures : I have these folders in the C:\Windows directory... ie7 ; ie7 updates ; ie8 ; and ie8 updates. The ie7 folder is kind of small, at about 25 MV, but the ie7 updates folder is at about 290 MB. Since I am intending to stay with IE8, because of security reasons, among other considerations, may I simply omit the ie7 and ie7 updates folders? I would copy them to another data medium for storage for a while - but I would appreciate any ...

Income Tax using US Tax System Excel WorkBook
Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up cannot find it on web. Someone got it? Please post a link or webaddress if you got any idea. Thanks. Here's a couple of possibilities (?) http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/ http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/165/free-2007-excel-tax-forms-for-april-2008-filing "BetaDocuments" wrote: > Hello, I am looking for Excel Template to calculate Tax using US tax > brackets. Can anyone please post a link for it. I have looked up > ca...