Word Mail Merge with Excel as data file

Word 2003
Excel 2003
Windows XP

Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a
Microsoft Word form?

I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum.

Thanks in advance!

0
asfafd (42)

Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main
document for each, and you should only have one.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2003
> Excel 2003
> Windows XP
>
> Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a
> Microsoft Word form?
>
> I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum.
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
ng1 (1444)
7/13/2005 8:05:07 PM
Thanks Anne!
"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main
> document for each, and you should only have one.
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
>
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>

> "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Word 2003
>> Excel 2003
>> Windows XP
>>
>> Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with
>> Microsoft Word form?
>>
>> I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

0
asfafd (42)

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

where is that save data feature for backup?
Hi All, On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for my life I can not remember where it was. :'[ Many thanks, -T ToddAndMargo (ToddAndMargo@invalid.com) writes: > On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data > to a directory for easy backup? If I remember correctly, I can set this > on a schedule too? I was shown this a few years back, and for > my life I can not remember where it ...

Using Outlook for AOL e-mail #2
I have set up my Outlook to handle my AOL e-mail as per the instructions on the Microsoft web page: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/assistance/HA010936921033.aspx I see my inbox. The problem is when I try to send an e- mail, I get: Task 'AOL E-Mail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D): "Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL - secured connections. If SSL - secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP). I talked to 3 different support people at AOL, and they have no idea. Any ideas? I...

E-mails; First letter of each line is Capitalized
Seems as if every first word on everyline automatically becomes upper case? How do we shut this off/ thanks-JP Sigh... what version of Outlook are you using and do you have Word being used as the editor? Have you looked at the autocorrect options if you are using Word? What troubleshooting have you already tried so we don't repeat things that did not work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and findi...

Autofill
Hello. When I click the black plus mark to autofill a column, instead o calculating the formula that I entered in the first cell, it repeat the same answer as in the first cell. How to avoid this? should I try reinstalling excel software? ------------------------------- Sometimes, I get correct answers without problems. If this becomes problem if we employ the whole excel sheet? Once I used all columns an about 100 rows. After that, I have this problem. ================= eg. Let us say, that we need to multiply the first 2 columns. the correc answer needed is in the 3rd col. and the wrong a...

Exchange Only mail not going.
Server = 2003 Std Exchange = 2003 Std Clients using SMTP & POP to/from various ISP's, Exchange is the central archive for company. But will eventually be ONLY email. Email addressed via Exchange goes nowhere. Some sit in X400 queue, others just vanish. Email from Administrator account. (No SMTP to ISP, ONLY an Exchange account) just vanishes. Not on any queue, but Outlook claims it was sent. Email To Administrator From Administrator using X400 address vanishes Email To Administrator From Administrator using SMTP address vanishes. Email To working client From Administrator using X400 o...

Work Flow
Haloo Is it possible to prepare E-mail for the customer by using work flow? I don't want to sent e-mail just prepere it. Regards Mark P. Funnily enough....you can create a marketing campaign in crm 3.0 and add a email activity. When you deploy the emails to your contact list they will not be sent out. In your words they have been prepared for the customer. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C15E5C-E60A-4764-BF39-1B1B649EC60C@microsoft.c...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Mail send to the wrong receiver
Dear Mdm/Sir, I've send to mail to my friends, the Email address is correct; because I created it at my personal address book. But after I send out the mail, this mail was receive by one of my colleague. May I know what's wrong with my Outlook 2000 and how to solve it ? Thank You ! Regards, William I doubt it is an Outlook problem. Either you entered the address into your address book incorrectly or you were given the wrong address to begin with. Outlook sends to whatever server responds to the address's domain. From there, it's out of Outlook's hands. "...

Why does Outlook mark RSS feeds as junk mail?
I can't tell if this is a double post as IE closed the tab automatically. After corruption on my mail profile or OST, which ScanPST and SanOST did not fix, re-importing email from Exchange into Outlook 2007 leaves me with several problems: -custom categories lost -message flags lost -duplicate folders, the default being empty, the secondary with my Outlook items in -all my RSS feeds being marked as junk mail (junk mail filter set on Low) help? When RSS is stored in the mailbox, this is normal behavior. It's usually better to turn off filtering until the ost is recreated. Did you...

Creating Hyperlinks for excel spreadsheet
Hi Excel Gurus, I'm stuck with a prb creating hyperlinks in Excel. The way we do is - 1. We load the data in an vb array eg: arr(rows, cols) 2. Supply this array to the excel using the below method, excelapp.Range("A1:G1000").Value = arr This will copy all the data in the array to excel sheet. 3. One of the columns in the array "arr" will have a hyperlink code. Eg: arr(0) = "Data0", arr(1) = "Data1", arr(2) = "Data2" arr(3) = "Data3", arr(4) = "Data4", arr(5) = "Data5" arr(6) = &qu...

Mails sending but not being received
Sending emails from Windows Mail with a POP3 account to external accounts but they are not being received. No rejection messages, they send as usual. Also receiving emails from these external accounts without any problem. Have tested 2 alternative Hotmail and Gmail accounts I have, same results. Have contacted the POP3 service provider, they have tested the account and sent mails from my email address to my alternative accounts successfully. Am working on Vista, never had this problem for last 14 months until 2 days ago. Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Th...

Importing OE6 mail rules to Outlook 2000
I recently migrated from Ooutlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I used the import facilities to import all my mail, accounts, etc.. But the massive mail rules I had on OE6 (screening SPAM) only came across with the first excluded word! The rules are of the form ' if 'xxx' or 'yyy' or ...., then delete it' What I get in Outlook 2000 is only 'if 'xxx' then delete it. All the other SPAM trigger words did not import. Any advice? Saint Steve ...

Filling in Cell above with Data from below
Have data where I need to fill in A1 with A2 Data, A3 with A4 and so on: Col A 123 XXX 345 YYY Need it to end up like: XXX XXX YYY YYY How can I do this? visit www.ExcelGoodies.com If A1 and A3 are blank: Select A1:A4. Press Ctrl+G. Click special, blank. Start typing a formula: = Then press the down arrow key. This should finish the formula and create: =A2 Press Ctrl+Enter to apply formula to all currently selected cells. If needed, you could then do a copy, paste special - values only. ======= If A1 and A3 are not blank, but you want every other line copie...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Referencing other Office programs in a Excel VBA App
I din't like the way my previous post sounded, so i'm reposting... All, My Excel VBA programming is decent enough when I'm only working with Excel. However, I'm trying to expand my knowledge base and frequently I wish I could better interact with other Office programs, such as Outlook, in my Excel VBA apps. To better illustrate my question, here's a piece of code that works great (it populates a user form list with Outlook addresses) but I don't fully understand. Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim x As Integer Set objOL = CreateObject("...

Help please
When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots and then random words like this: ...............he man place ther world Does anyone recognise this?I've just installed Norton Pro and it hasn't found any viruses. Surely though I have one. Can any one help? KLE Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It might make text appear automatically. Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition (if it had a check mark, it was turned on) KevinEvans wrote: > When running excel (and word). A cell will suddenly fill with a series of dots > and then ...

Where are my saved word?