where did the tools menu go for excell 2007?

I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007.
0
Terry (158)

There is no Tools menu in Excel 2007. All of those commands have been
redistributed elsewhere!

See if this helps:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
5/16/2008 4:14:55 AM
Hi Terry,

Many of the commands are under File (Office Button), Excel Options ...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007.

How do you remove the outside border on a chart in Excel 2007?
I have created several charts and an outside border appears on the page. I want to remove that border. ...

Excel Files on the Web
Hi, I'm looking at setting up all our excel reporting on my company intranet. We have numerous excel based reports that we currently have on our server that we email out to users. However, we have a diverse user group who reside in many different locations. I'm just looking at any basic advice or software on how this can be achieved. Thanks. ...

new to excel...
Hi all, I am a programmer but have not used excel in a long time... I am considering myself a new user, and I just exported a couple of sql server tables into excel spreadsheets that I need to compile into a report. The data is basically a product of a survey from which I need to do summaries and charts. The first question is : Is there a way to summarize using conditionals? That is, while the summary is being done, to have counters for different values? The nex is to what is the easiest way to produce a frequency chart from value results in a column. Thanks, and have a wonderful day. ...

Median in Excel 2007 pivot-tables
HI, I am working on pivot table for data analysis, where I need to show the median. While working on this I found that "Median" is not supported in pivot tables. Is there any way I can use median function in pivot tables? Best Regards, Venkataramana AFAIK, you can't alter pivot tables, but you can certainly copy/paste special (perhaps a new sheet), and then do whatever you want to it (perhaps in an adjacent column). -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Venkataramana" wrote: ...

Max. Columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? Thanks Nope, 256 columns is all you get, you will need to move to Sheet 2 if you want more. Ed wrote: > I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. > > Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? > > Thanks > > Upgrade to Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Ed" <EdVanords@cox.net> wrote in messa...

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Excel 2003 permissions per sheet
Is it possible to setup different permissions for each sheet within the same workbook? We'd like to give each user their own sheet containing their info, but we do not want them to have access to view others' info. Can it be setup somehow to use windows built-in authentication? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. it is doubtful that you can implement such a methodology. however, what you can do is to give each employee their own workbook. then have a master workbook that links to all the employee workbooks. the methodology above with a master workbook w...

Access 2007 and the Internet
Has Access 2007 affected the use of internet databases as far as anyone knows? The size limitation seems to be gone. so, is Access now an option to store information on a web site. I know they don't support Access on the web anymore, but that is not what I am talking about. If you understand this question, give me some feedback. Thank you. Take a look at http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000036 Also, I know that apparently Access 2010 will enable some new web features, but from what I have heard this will require sharepoint (someone may correct me...

XSD: How far should I go?
I have a legacy data specification that I want to move into XML. My question revolves around specificity (in general) (c: Being a noob I don't know what the current wisdom is with respect to detailed specification in the XSD. Take a phone number for example. One could define a phone element with a simple specification like: <xs:element name = "phone" type=xs:string /> Of course, one could declare a simple type and limit it to say 20 chars. At the extreme, one can composite several simple types: <xs:simpleType name="TelephoneNumberType"> <xs:restr...

Excel 2002 #11
Hi, I am getting a message when I open a sreed sheet: Message Says:" The system cannot find the file specified". Perhaps it was saved and moved? or was saved as described below: Subject: Re: File not Found From: "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> Sent: 9/8/2004 10:36:53 AM Hi probably this temp directory was cleaned up by your IE after closing it down or shutting Windows down. You should never save critical file in a temp directory -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Eduardo Gaxiola wrote: > I saved a file i opened from the email (O...

I would like to do a budjet in excel, how do i do this?
I would like to learn how to use excel to do a financial budjet, for both my personal home budjet and also separetly do a budjet for business. I hope you may also understand I need simple illistrations to learn! try here http://tinyurl.com/7ycql -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MACCADAMIEN" <MACCADAMIEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB0332DB-2FE5-4EEE-895E-9948D8FED195@microsoft.com... > I would like to learn how to use excel to do a financial budjet, for both my > personal home budjet and also separetly do a budjet for business. &...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

cannot find copy design folder command under file menu #2
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder however my problem is that under folders on file menu I cannot see click Copy Folder Design. the command is "copy floder name is given & if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design Help menu text is as follows "On the Go menu, click Folder List. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to copy. On the File menu, point to Folder, ...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Add-Ins and Excel
I have loaded the Analysis ToolPak Add-in, specifically so I could use the Randbetween function, but after a couple months of using the function, it has stopped working. I now have to uninstall and re-install the Add-in each time I open Excel in order to use the Randbetween function. Why doesn't Excel remember I've re-installed the Add-in? It shows that it is installed but none of the functionality is there. ...

Checkboxes in Excel
How do I add and how do I delete check boxes in Excel? One way: Use the checkbox from the Forms toolbar (activate by going to View|Toolbars..., put a check next to Forms). Click on the checkbox icon (it should depress, and the pointer should be replace by "+") then mouse to where you'd like the checkbox, left click and drag to the right and down to set the size. You can tie this into a cell, which will show TRUE or FALSE, depending on whether there is a check in the check box. You'd also be able to check and uncheck by changing the cell to TRUE or FALSE. Need more info? P...

Simple Context Menu using CMenu (in a RichEditCtrl)
This is the context of editing in a RichEditCtrl. All I want to do is create a simple context menu that pops up on right click. Let me mention that I already have implemented a context menu that I use in conjunction with TrackPopupMenu(). However, I want to implement a second context menu with significantly different behavior. The TrackPopupMenu() implementation performs a command (puts a command ID into a message queue) when a menu item is selected, which is the desired behavior. And the menu entries are known at compile time. For the context menu that I wish to implement: 1) The en...

Print excel file from DOS command line #3
Thank you very much -- despistad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- despistado's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27692 ...

Excel to PDF w/ Data Tags
How would I go about printing an Excel Spreadsheet to a PDF? The PDF has some "Form Fields" in it and I need to assoicate cells in the spreadsheet to the "Form Fields". Is this possible? ...

Can't open the Outlook Window
After getting this message I took advice and created a new profile then copied and pasted my inbox and sent box into the new inbox and sent box. How do I get my addresses back? When you created the New Profile all you had to do was add your origonal data file "Trevor" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message news:rPydnSBkWKmlm6TXnZ2dnUVZ8sWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > After getting this message I took advice and created a new profile then > copied and pasted my inbox and sent box into the new inbox and sent box. > > How do I get my addresses back?...

how do i set up a user prompt at the start of an excel workbook ?
I need to create a security feature which requests the users agreement prior to entering into a worksheet. How do I do that? Mark, Right click the sheet tab of the sheet you want to protect, View code and paste the code below in. Change the ProtectedSheet to the correct sheet name and the outsheet variable to where you want to go if the user doesn't agree. A couple of points. If macros aren't enabled it won't work and it provides very little security because Excel security is weak. Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() msg = "Do you agree to the terms and condit...

AutoNumbered Footnotes for Excel.
I'm trying to reference various parts of a spreadsheet but would like to know if Excel 2003 has an autonumbered footnote reference system similar to the one used on Word. Thanks. No, it doesn't. In article <B8E2DC3E-67F2-4B77-A58C-534DAB455132@microsoft.com>, J Osborne <JOsborne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to reference various parts of a spreadsheet but would like to know > if Excel 2003 has an autonumbered footnote reference system similar to the > one used on Word. > Thanks. ...

how to create a calendar to select a date in access 2007
I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. Access 2007 automatically adds a date picker to a Date/Time field. -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "keithteri" wrote: > I want to select a date from a pop up calendar on the form. ...