When repeating city want zipcode to populate

Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
cells?
Thanks.

See help on VLOOKUP function.

Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw -
esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
>zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
>cells?
>Thanks.

0
Gord
2/21/2007 4:46:48 PM
Yeah its called vlookup if u email the i will do it for ya

"jrw - esq." wrote:

> Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
> zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
> cells?
> Thanks.
0
CmK1 (7)

Preventing "Do you want to ov erwrite" screen on saveas
I have code from VB that does SAVEAS for an Excel file in order to add a password. Problem is that when I run it the program asked for comfirmation from the user because I am overwriting the same file. Is there any way to prevent this? -- Jonathan Blitz AnyKey Limited Israel "When things seem bad Don't worry and shout Just count up the times Things have worked themselves out." Jonathan Wrap the DisplayAlerts = False and True around your code. Sample code......... Sub BUandSave2() 'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder 'Note that any ...

Exchange 2003 SP2
I have a problem with a client using Exchange 2003 recently upped to SP2. No when they create a new user, only the SMTP field is populated in the address list. Their is no X400 address. Also the user has not been populated into the global address list. Does anybody know what consequences the X400 address being missing has and also if it could be related to the user not being populated to the GAL? Could this be a problem with SP2? All worked fine before. Many thanks Rich On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:12:52 -0000, <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: >I have a problem with a client us...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

Printing calendar in Weekly Style, want subject to word wrap.
I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap instead? "Rypick" <Rypick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC41584-C3D8-4666-B17A-07931596AD90@microsoft.com... > I'm printing my calendar in weekly style, and if the subject is long enough > to reach the end of the box, it just cuts off. How do I set it to wrap > instead? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Rypick, this is a common complaint. Two options are: 1)...

Totalling columns and repeating formulas in new entries
i'm working in excel 2003 i've tried searching this, but have come up with nothing. it seems s basic, i'm sure i must be calling it the wrong thing or something. in my worksheet (that's what a spreadsheet is called now, isn't it?) enter expenses in column "e" and revenues in column "i", with the ne gain or loss for that row (entry) showing up in column "j". i had n problem setting that up. the first problem i'm having is the formulas and formatting bein copied to the next entry. some of the new entries have no value i column "e&...

Help
Outlook 2002 is prompting for permissions every time I run the program. It's basically asking for me to set myself with the correct permissions so I can go ahead and use the app. Any suggestions? ...

How to block IPs that repeatedly send to non-existent addresses?
In looking st several Exchange 2003 servers that I administer, I notice many emails to non-existent mailboxes - from the same IP address. So I wonder: how could one configure Exchange to automatically rejecj/block incoming SMTP traffic from IP addresses that repeatedly send to non-existent e-mail addresses(Exchange mailboxes)? I am thinking some type of setting that says "if more than x undeliverable messages within specified time period from the same IP, then block that IP for specified time period..." In my case, that alone would eliminate 90% of all SPAM... Maybe this is some...

Macro to copy and populate an egsisting ssheet and save it.
Hi everybody, I have a spreadsheet (Spreadsheet A) with a table in it having different data like this: Schematic 1 200 210 205 Schematic 2 160 200 300 There are about 300 rows and 20 columns in that table. I also have a second spreadsheet (Spreadsheet B) with a simple schematic in it. What I want to do is: 1: To populate some certain cells in Spreadsheet B (where the schematic is) based on the data of the first row in the table (200, 210, 205……) 2: rename and save this spreadsheet (either separately or as a new sheet in the same workbook) with the value/name given in ...

Repeat DVD
I have a DVD with just one title only 8mins long. I wish to play it continuously on my laptop, but cannot configure WMP to do this. Is it possible? ...

Using a listbox to populate data for a bound form
I have a bound form to a member table in my Access 2003 DB. The user needs to be able to search members by last name and select the desired record to view/edit. I used an unbound listbox to successfully display the records returned based on the user search. I used a recordset object in VB code to get and display the data for the listbox. When a user clicks on a record in the listbox, I want to the form to automatically go to and display the selected record. Am I on the right track here? If so, how can I set the current record on the form to the selected record in the list box? I co...

How can I remove Microsoft Office 2007 I want to instal 2003
How can I replace Microsoft Office 2007 unauthorised with Authentic Microsoft Office 2003 uninstall v2007, install v2003. al "cuzzinfromoz" <cuzzinfromoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47648BEB-BD2E-429E-9E89-9BA82B4796A6@microsoft.com... > How can I replace Microsoft Office 2007 unauthorised > with Authentic Microsoft Office 2003 ...

Auto-populate fields with combo box AND date range
Hi all, I have a database where I would like the user to be able to select the pond name and then either one date in the beginning date field or a range of dates in beginning and ending date fields. I envision a pop-up box with a combo box to select the pond name, and beginning and ending date fields for entry, and upon selecting these, this pop-up box will disappear and a form with pond sample data for these dates will open and be populated. Or I can do the combo box and beginning and ending date on the form itself, probably easier... Guidance on how to do this would be ...

Want graph with 2 axis, but bars overlap when second axis added
I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them to be sitting side by side. thanks Hi, Here is one example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Gill wrote: > I need to have a bar graph with two data sets of different scales, yet when I > change one data set to an secondary axis, the two bars combine. I need them > to be sitting side by side. > > thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Actually, th...

IBF Client won't install, wants Win2K
We're trying to install the IBF components on CRM. We've discovered that you just can't use the CRM bits (MOIBF1.0_Solution_CRMClient1.0.msi), you need the full MOIBF software. When we go to install the file Microsoft.InformationBridge.Framework.Client1.0.msi we get this error: The following prerequisite components cannot be found: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP3 or later Please install the necessary components and run Microsoft Office Information Bridge Framework 1.0 installation again. However, the machine is XPSP2, the Office components are 2003 without service p...

OnInitDialog to populate ComboBox wont work due to missing hwnd ?!
I always thought that OnInitDialog will be called *after* the dialog- elements were created, but in this function, calling create leads to OnInitDialog without setting HWNDs correctly. pTab->pPage->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) sets up all correctly for the first time, so OnInitDialog should be called *after*, shouldnt it?. What do i mess up? i do the following in a class derived from CTabCtrl: void CQTabCtrl::PageLoad(int nIndex) { RECT rc; GetClientRect(&rc); AdjustRect(false, &rc); //pTab is a struct with a pointer to a CWnd //derived class and some other data... SQTabTab* pTa...

Report Data repeating or not showing
I have a database that contains three tables (PEP, PEP Comments, and Milestones) The PEP Table has a PKey and is related to fields in PEP Comments and Milestones via this PKey. One to Many in each case I am trying to generate a report that will display info from the PEP table (header type data), then display info from the Milestones table (may have 1 MS or 20), then display additional data from the PEP Table (more detailed in nature) and finally display info from the PEP Comments table (may have 1 comment or 20). When i base it on a query(for PEP #), it looks fine but only displays th...

Want to highlight all but first line
I have a large spreadsheet. I often want to highlight a couple of thousand rows from one point to the top *except* for the very first row. I highlight from the starting point to the top by selecting the bottommost row, and then ctrl/shift-Home to select all the way up through the top row. I thought I could then de-select the top row by pressing ctrl/click on the row number. But instead of deselecting the row, it de-selects the first cell in the row. The rows are very wide, so de-selecting each cell in it isn't practical. Can anyone tell me why ctrl/click on the first row number in th...

Outlook on TS2003 claims not started properly & wants to open in safe mode
I have installed Outlook on a 2003 TS server - after installing TS. Users are continously getting the message "...Outlook failed to start properly....do you want to start in safe mode?..." It is Outlook 2002 and Licesnsing server for TS is on same server. Cheers ...

Populate Word template from contact data
Is there a way to populate portions of a Word template from contact data? Specifically, I want to create a template that will automatically fill in contact information, then allow the user to tab to and manually fill in other fields. Shannon You can use mail merge for that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8553A13-7206-4767-952F-A8E4B09BD965@microsoft....

I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.
I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the decimal from the number. If if needs to stay a number with the same value, I don't think you can do it. If you can change the value Just multiple the number by ten to the number of decimal places. If it can be text set up a new column and use =substitute(a1,".',"") "LAM" wrote: > I need to format the number cell so that it will sti...

Receiving same emails repeatedly
On only my pop3 email accounts (2) in Windows Live Email I'm receiving the same emails every time I open my mail. As new emails arrive I'm getting more duplicates. My hotmail and gmail is fine. I've checked the properties of both accounts and the "Leave message on server" is not checked. This just started happening. I haven't changed any settings. I've been using Windows Live for my email for months with no problem. HELP! On 20-Jan-2010, =?Utf-8?B?UmU6IFJlY2VpdmluZyBkdXBsaWNhdGUgb2YgZW1haWwgbWVzc2FnZQ==?= <ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@dis...

Re: New user
I am repeatingly having to add my credentials yet am unable to receive or send any emails out of windows mail... below is the error message Account: 'Vodafone', Server: 'pop.vodafone.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 I have been using this for a while now and all of a sudden it starts to do this Help?? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication&quo...

Queue not being populated
Hello Firstly I have searched through the group on this subject and have tried what was suggested, but alas its not working as yet. Here is what I have done My Problem is that the queue I have created in CRM 3.0 is not getting populated I have created 2 users in AD accounts, crm@company.com and crmmail@company.com. In the router setup I specify the forward email as crm@company.com and then on the following screen I select the mail box for crmmail@company.com I create a CRM Queue (with the owner being the same user who installed the CRM) and the mail address is crmmail@company.com I also dis...

populate System time through visual basic
How can I populate system time into a time field through VB. I am trying to populate the current time in time field in automated data collection window in manufacturing? Dim timeField As String timeField = Now() MsgBox (FormatDateTime(timeField, vbLongTime)) The FormatDateTime function does the heavy lifting here. Use online help to find the options. Dwight "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OpegmAHMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I populate system time into a time field through VB. I am trying > to populate the current t...

I want to press Enter in CEdit box and have a function be called
I have created a dialog based application that has three edit fields. I want to be able to call a function when the user presses Enter in any of the edit boxes. For instance, when user presses Enter in edit box 1, I want to call Function1(). When user presses Enter in edit box 2, I want to call Function2(). How do I do this? I can't use ON_EN_UPDATE because the function that I am calling takes a long time to process. If I use OnUpdate then for every letter the user types, my function will run. I don't want to use ON_EN_KILLFOCUS because I want the user to see the results of my f...