When repeating city want zipcode to populate

Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
cells?
Thanks.

See help on VLOOKUP function.

Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw -
esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
>zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
>cells?
>Thanks.

0
Gord
2/21/2007 4:46:48 PM
Yeah its called vlookup if u email the i will do it for ya

"jrw - esq." wrote:

> Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a
> zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other
> cells?
> Thanks.
0
CmK1 (7)

Default Wanted -- Plain Text
I'm using Outlook 2000. It currently displays emails as HTML when the sender has used HTML. I subscribe to several listserves. I want to stop receiving HTML mail frm the lists. I want to receive plain text only. How do I do that? <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Change your message reading format to plain text. You will not read any email in html. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Preferences. Click E-mail Options, and then select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box. If you just want to change only the lists format, contact the lists and request ...

I want to do mass mailing in outlook, from an excel file that has.
I have an excel file with a field that has email addresses. I wan to be able to send an email to all or some either within excel or by using outlook. Can it be done? Basically, I want to create a distribution list with the fileds in the excel file without having to manually input it them. Hi Franco Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Franco" <Franco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F88842D-7E3A-4FBF-8280-6AA1DDE5B093@microsoft.com... >I have an excel file with a field that has email...

Populate multiple records via check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and found similar situations with solutions but I just can't quite understand how to do this. I am trying to use form controls i.e. checkboxes and/or multiselect list boxes to populate multiple records from a related table. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. In the table "teachers_to_subjects" each record contains one teacher & one subject. The purpose of this table is to relate teachers to subjects in a many-to-many fashion. I have a primary form which shows teacher info. What I want is a form...

How can I remove Microsoft Office 2007 I want to instal 2003
How can I replace Microsoft Office 2007 unauthorised with Authentic Microsoft Office 2003 uninstall v2007, install v2003. al "cuzzinfromoz" <cuzzinfromoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47648BEB-BD2E-429E-9E89-9BA82B4796A6@microsoft.com... > How can I replace Microsoft Office 2007 unauthorised > with Authentic Microsoft Office 2003 ...

swingers wanted
swingers wanted www.sasteam.us/bullet/index.html ...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Don't Want Zeros Plotted
I am plotting monthly values in a chart. While values for January through June plot as expected, the chart is plotting zeros for the remainder of the year. July through December source cells are blank. How do I make the chart plot only January through June, and not plot zeros for the blank months July through December? Thanks, Phil If the cells were truly blank, they would not be plotted. Presumably they contain formulas like =IF(condition,"",formula) Character strings, including "" are plotted as zero. There is nothing that a formula can return that would...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Repeats
On one of my worksheets I type the day of the week in the first column, followed by the date in the second column etc. Since the current entry is in line 3,675th when I typed the first letter of the day the rest was completed automatically. E.g. If I typed M then onday followed, as were entries of the same gist in other columns, when the first word of the information was typed. Suddenly this stopped. Why I have no idea, but would appreciate if someone told me how to restore this time and typing savings. Thanks! Tools>Options>Edit, check that Enable Autocomplete for Cell Values i...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

allowing for repeating bank entries
Many customers have the same electronic payments coming out of their accounts every month. It would be very helpful if they could create either recurring batches or repeating transactions so they didn't have to do this same data entry every month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

how do I populate a cell with data from another worksheet,
I have two worksheets, both with similar data. Say columns are Acc No, Acc Name and VAT number. Unfortunately the VAT number does not correspond on each worksheet. How can I populate 1 worksheet with the VAT number so that the data is collected on one worksheet? I have tried VLookup, but I'm not really converant with it so would appreciate any help. Many thanks Denise ...

repeat last step #3
THANKS!!! I will try these techs out....and let you know how it goes.. -- alexshield ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexshields's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26487 ...

Text want wrap in text box

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

repeat if
There are two columns A1:A25 and B1:B25. The information in column A are dates. The information in column B are descriptions of activity performed on the date in the adjacent cell. If the same date is inserted into A1, A2 and A3 can the description manually typed into B1 be automatically added to B2 and B3? Added based on repeated and grouped cells in column A. Regards, Gary Try this in B2, and copy down as needed: =IF(A2=A1,B1,"") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

City Default
Hi, Is there a way for a default city to come up when entering a new customer. We do business in a city with a long name and would like the system to default a city and state when left blank. Thanks -- Ron Moore Ron By default, RMS will tab to the zip code field before the city field. After you have populated the city for the first time it will become automatic after you enter the zip on subsequent entries. Ken Nelson "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1DE7AF4-30FB-41D8-A080-F61B6572746A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a...

MS Office 2003 wants a product key after installed for 3 years???
I have MS Office for Students and Teachers 2003. The first computer it was installed on was stolen however I re-installed it to my newer one and it has been fine for the past 3 years when I installed it to the newer PC. In Jan 2010. Word and Powerpoint won't open, the windows installer comes up and then it asks for my Product Key, which I have but it won't recognize. However Excel still opens and runs fine. Why would only some components of this package function?? And why is it asking for my product key now? I thought this software was a one-shot deal, meaning you b...

Repeat DVD
I have a DVD with just one title only 8mins long. I wish to play it continuously on my laptop, but cannot configure WMP to do this. Is it possible? ...

Repeated values in form fields.
I have created a long legal form template for our workers. Data the worker enters in the beginning of the form has to be entered in several other places in the document. An example is the defendent's name. It currently has to be entered 7 times into fields on the form. Is there a way to have the six lower fields take the information from the first field where the data is entered. If I can figure this one out, I'll save dozens of worker hours per year. Thanks, Lee -- Lee S. See item 2 "On Line Form" in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/...