When "IF" gives result of zero

In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell blank.
Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell displaying
a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007?

It works the same in 2007. What are you getting?

HTH

Bob

"drus" <drus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell
> blank.
> Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell
> displaying
> a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007?

0
Bob
2/8/2010 9:59:36 AM
Try this:-

=IF(A1="","",B1)

I think that gives you what you want.

If you agree please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"drus" wrote:

> In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell blank.
> Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell displaying
> a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007?

If Formula total is Zero Turn it Red
For, =COUNTIF(Schedule!D8:D86,"*IV 1230*") If the result of this formula is ZERO, then I want to make the "0" turn red so it stands out on the worksheet. How can I do this. Ray Try Format|conditional formatting. You can use: cell value is equal to 0 rayscar wrote: > > For, > =COUNTIF(Schedule!D8:D86,"*IV 1230*") > > If the result of this formula is ZERO, then I want to make the "0" turn red > so it stands out on the worksheet. How can I do this. > > Ray -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Excellent! Thanks. ...

Can I give each axis in a radar chart a different scale?
I would like to create a radar chart that contains about 6 different factors representing overall project results (schedule index, cost index, requirements volatility, etc.) 1 data series would represent the organizational baseline, the other would represent the project results. Is is possible to give each different factor/axis a different scale? Thanks for any suggestions. You can fake it, as shown by Tushar Mehta: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm A better chart for your purpose may be a parallel coordinate plot. See the end of this article, where ...

What Would I Give Up If I Go To Windows 7?
Hi, We have XP running on all our home and corporate computers and are happy with it. But it seems the clock is ticking and some new software and hardware products don't support XP. I didn't like Vista so retrograded my laptop to XP after a year. Every new OS drops some things from its predecessor that causes problems. One I am concerned about is NT4 File Manager (works in XP, needs hack in Vista). Another is performance counters; I wrote a program to display network activity (or any other counters) at the top of the screen. The counters weren't available...

If formula: if A1 is greater than B1 and A1 is greater than zero..
Hello everyone, this is what I came up with so far: =IF(G2>=F2, "YES", "NO") now I have to add F2 must also be greater than zero before putting a "YES" how do i do that? thank you :) Jason I would add a second IF statement in there: =IF(F2>0, (IF(G2>=F2,"YES","NO"), "NO") ) I think the format is correct, but did not test it..... "Jason" wrote: > Hello everyone, > this is what I came up with so far: > > =IF(G2>=F2, "YES", &quo...

What if I give it away?
A couple of years ago we had a very talented database person working for us who helped us develop a program based on MS Access, that kept track of all jobs, time spent on task, every aspect of the job including sub-contract work, customers, vendors, employees, time sheets, you name, it's in there. It took us several years to develop and for the most part it is excellent. It could use some tweeking and would probably be a lot better if converted to sequel, or whatever, I am told. So, I have probably given up on the idea of marketing it. Can anyone offer suggestions as to the viability o...

if function equals zero...
I have a long function in a cell thats gets value of another cell. what i want to do is, if it equals zero then set value to "" = IF( my_long_function=0 ; "" ; my_long_function) the function is too long and could be cause errors when uncareful changes made in it (some other people will use it). -how to simplify the above statement? The only suggestions I can give are - work out which part might drive the 0 result and test just that, or - put the formula in another cell and test that cell -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &qu...

Displaying a VBA result in a different worksheet
Hi... I am working with a spreadsheet that has a series of column which all need to be counted. I have managed to count the array of data and display it in any given cell, but what i cannot do, is display it in a cell within another worksheet. Below is the code i am using... please advise... ----------------------------------------------------- Sub Countif_InVBA() Dim x As Integer Dim removetxt As Integer removetxt = WorksheetFunction.CountIf(ActiveSheet.Range("H1:H15"), "Removal") x = WorksheetFunction.CountIf(ActiveSheet.Range("H1:H15"), "...

Give me a FIFO Buffer
Hey Friends Does MFC Provides any FIFO type of data structure ? I am sure there must be some,but I could not find it. Plz Help CList works nicely. joe On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 06:51:42 -0000, "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hey Friends > Does MFC Provides any FIFO type of data structure ? >I am sure there must be some,but I could not find it. >Plz Help > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

circular formula gives different values
I have a circular reference in my worksheet where I get two sets of values for the same input as the circular flips between two values. I have set the iteration to 100 but the values in the sheet do not give the same answer each time. With no example of the formula you are using, it is much harder to see what is going wrong. I would suggest changing iteration to 1, and then pressing F9 to step through, and see if there is perhaps a repeat of one of the values, or a 3rd unknown value that is appearing. -- Best Regards, Luke M "jolly" <jolly@discussions.micros...

Why do these two queries give me different answers?
I have written two queries which total the same fields but I get two different answers. Here is Query1: SELECT tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel, Sum([txtClientsdomfacsole]+[txtClientsdomidsole]+[txtClientsexpsole]+[txtClientsimpsole]+[txtstockfinsole]+[txtClientsABLsole]) AS [Sum Of txtTotNbrClientssole] FROM tblmaintabs GROUP BY tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel HAVING (((tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel)=#9/1/2009#)); Here is Query2 SELECT tblmaintabs.txtMonthlabel, Sum(tblmaintabs.txtClientsdomfacsole) AS SumOftxtClientsdomfacsole, Sum(tblmaintabs.txtClientsdomidsole) AS SumOftxtClientsdomid...

"IIf" formula, how to return a value of zero
Can anyone help me with this? I need to know where to put the coding to tell the formula that if there is no value in any of the txt's, to return a value of zero. =IIf([costcode]="013210" And [costtype]="05320", [txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftLabEst], IIf([costcode]="020110" and [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtFirewatchLabEst], IIf([costcode]="064201" and [costtype]="05320", [txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftSuprLabEst],Null))) Thanks so much...Laurie Hi Laurie, You could add another IIf() function: ...

give modify access to domain Users
Hi, I'd like to write a powershell script to give modify access to domain Users for "C:\Program Files\TestSystems" on computers belonging to the "List: TestComputers" group, is there any simple way to do that? I have been googling answers for the cmdlet and have no luck so far, Thanks for your time and help, Owen -- owenzh First off are you looking to run a script locally or remotely? If remotely, you'd need to either have PowerShell remoting or some centralized management app/tool to copy the PowerShell script(s) to that server... ...

Saving dataset to XML and reading back gives different data
This would better be described by 'serialization' than 'interop', but I didn't find a newsgroup that seems closer on topic. The problem in a few words: I save data with DataSet.WriteXML, but I get different data back when I read it later with DataSet.ReadXml. More detail: I'm saving a dataset containing a single datatable to an XML file (DataSet.WriteXml), and its schema to an xsd file (DataSet.WriteXmlSchema). Then in another app, I load them back into a new empty dataset using DataSet.readXmlSchema and DataSet.ReadXml. The schema is read first. What's &qu...

Simple IF give me nothing?
Hi the following code runs just fine and gives me All my data... Sub backtest() Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual counter = 0 lastcell = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("backtest").Range("a4000").End(xlUp).Address nxtday = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("P&L").Range("a4000").End(xlUp).Row + 1 For Each i In ThisWorkbook.Sheets("backtest").Range("a4", lastcell) rw = i.Row Sheets("P&L").Range("a" & nxtday + counter) = Sheets("backtest").Range("b" & rw) Sheets("...

if formula results in False
Here is my formula - it ends up with FALSE - I must have a ) in the wrong place can anyone help? Essentially I don't want to end up with a ##### (negative number result) so I came up with this formula. If there is a way to make the ##### actually look like a proper negative number or blank that would be even better. Thanks =IF(IF(AND(BY20>0,BY20-CA20>0),SUMPRODUCT(('Incidents 2010'!$C$20:$C$6998="good")*('Incidents 2010'!$W$20:$W$6998="TSP_CIM_USAWM")*('Incidents 2010'!$N$20:$N$6998=3)*('Incidents 2010...

Evaluation same, result different?
I selected A22:A27 then input the following: {=CHAR(97+ROW(A22:A27)-ROW(A22))} CSE Though I get a,b,c ... e,f in cells A22:A27, but if I evaluate going into each of the cells in this range, the evaluator returns CHAR(97) always, but then how come the resultant character changes? Any ideas? Thu, 17 May 2007 23:53:11 +0530 from dindigul <padhye.m@gmail.com>: > I selected A22:A27 then input the following: > {=CHAR(97+ROW(A22:A27)-ROW(A22))} CSE > Though I get a,b,c ... e,f in cells A22:A27, but if I evaluate going into > each of the cells in this range, the evaluato...

Date-range specific report with counted results of combo box selections
Hi there, I'm a novice with Access, but am currently setting up a patient database for an NGO in India that I'm volunteering with. The primary reason for the database is to collect statistics quarterly. It is a simple database with one table that collects patient data from simple forms with some fields having combo boxes. Ultimately I want to generate reports that will show a summary of 'counts' of various fields for a given period. For example: In the table I have a combo box for where the person came from, with several options including - "Pick up Y. Bazar", &quo...

Different search results for users
When users use the advanced find, they get different results based on the same search criteria. Other then their un/pw, their accounts are identical (ie they use the same team and roles). Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks. Hey EvilGuyWhoEatsBrains, <-- funny screen name! You mention they are part of the same team, but are they in the same BusinessUnit? I have found in our organization, people use those terms interchangebly, when really BusinessUnits and Teams are different. Otherwise, if they are in the same BusinessUnit and belong to the same teams and have identicle ro...

How to keep the insignificant zero's
am trying to capture the number of decimal digits in a cell. When the cell has all zeros(say 4) after the decimal, the cell shows zero decimal digits instead of 4. eg: 484.0000 decimal digits shown are 0 instead of 4 but if i have 484.4432 it shows 4 decimal digits. So the problem revolves around the zeros after the decimal. Does anyone has a solution for this problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance. formatting to 0.00 will work, but I may want to format to 0, 0.0, 0.00. 0.000 or 0.0000 depending on certain criteria. I want to avoid having to reformat the colum each time,...

Need help creating a formula for a specific result
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I am trying to create a formula to get a specific result. I will explain what I need to do and then give a example of numbers with the correct answer. The problem that I am having when typing it in is that there is an error. So if someone could tell me how to type this formula properly, I would appreciate it. I need to add several numbers: then divide: then subtract 35: then multiply by 85%. Number example: 50+50+50+=150 / 3 = 50 - 35 = 15 * 85% = 12.75 Thanks in advance for your help. One way: Assume your three numbers are in A1:A3: ...

VBA and VB.NET give different results for same RegEx code
Excel 2007 & 2003 If you are thinking "Not this group" I can understand. That said, I am not sure where else to start? Assume myCell.formula = "=2620137" also FormulaText = "=2620137" Assume a "For Each objMatch In objcolMatches" which produces an "objMatch" in VBA of 2620137 But in VB.NET, the FormulaTest is parsed like: 2 6 2 0 1 3 7 GOAL: How to get VB.NET to match the VBA result of 2620137? Any thoughts appreciated EagleOne ********************** Code *****************************...

Abrupt change in lifetime planner results
I have Money 2006. For some time my lifetime planner has indicated that I'm on track for a healthy retirement. Then, this last time I checked a couple days ago, it now shows me running out of money a number of years prematurely. I did not change my version of Money, and the only significant difference in my finances between then & now are some options which vested. But if anything, that should have improved the plan result. As far as I can tell, all of the inputs in the plan are the same, including expenses, which I have entered manually. Any ideas what could be causing th...

how do I create formula for if a value greater that zero is added it shades another cell?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel how do I create formula for - if a value greater that zero is added in one cell it shades another cell? In article <59bb353d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, tsunnyvale@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > how do I create formula for - if a value greater that zero is added in one > cell it shades another cell? Use Conditional Formatting in the cell you want shaded. Then you just need to set up a f...

script to give a warning if customer is set as NO
hi there, Can anyone help me, very new to CRM. I want to have a yes/no field in the company form and then under "service" form when the company is selected from the list, if no is in the field it prompts to say "This users is not allow...etc" -- Mike ...

If WB not there; give message: What am I doing wrong?
Sub DEC_NY_AutoShape22_Click() ' ' AutoShape21_Click Macro ' Macro recorded 8/31/2009 by Rick Green ' Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' 'Dim wb As Workbook 'On Error Resume Next 'Set wb = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("DEC") 'On Error GoTo 0 'If wb Is Nothing Then ' MsgBox "Year not active for this month." 'Else ChDir _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calendar\Y2010" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\RICK\My Documents\Calenda...