What is the cell data reference for 5th row and 7th column called

Can someone help me with this question? I need to get the answer for my
homework. Thanks for your help.

0
Shy-di (1)

I'm guessing, but might it be G5?
--
Regards,

RD

"Shy-di@verizon.net" <Shy-di@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A0979494-228B-435E-98F7-6BD26C900266@microsoft.com...
> Can someone help me with this question? I need to get the answer for my
> homework. Thanks for your help.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Exclude data from field, when another field equals a certain numbe
Hello, I have 2 fields. I have Job # and GL #. I need to exclude from the GL field, values that are 1234, but ONLY if the Job # = 999999. I have tried using this formula in the criteria of the GL# field in my query: IIf([Job #]=999999,<>1234,[GL #]) and instead of 999999 still showing up in the query and excluding GL# 1234, 999999 doesn't show up at all! What am I doing wrong?? Thank you!!!!!!!! MN IIf([Job #]<>999999, [GL #], IIf([GL #]=1234, Null, [GL #])) I'm assuming by exclude that you mean Null. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acce...

email addresses in cells
If I enter an email address into a cell, Excel underlines it and then treats it as a live address. This makes it impossible to edit. The only solution I have found is to use Paste Special, but even then the pasted version becomes live again as soon as you have finished editing it. Does anyone know a way of switching this maddening feature off - either temporarily or permanently? Tony In XL 2002 and 2003 you can turn this off through Tools>AutoCorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Uncheck the box you find there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:42:01 -0700, tonyay...

How to convert CString object to data type?
How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for calculation? thanks, Take a look at _stscanf/_ttoi. --- Ajay Y Xu wrote: > How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for > calculation? > > thanks, Hi Y Xu, Can you be more specific , what type do you want it to be converted to ? /Kiran Y Xu wrote: > How can I convert CString from a EDIT control Dialog to data type for > calculation? > > thanks, On 8 Jun 2006 07:31:57 -0700, kiran.inbng@gmail.com wrote: >Hi Y Xu, > >Can you be more specific , what t...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

Concatenate mid, left then right data
Hi, I have searched other messages and my brain must be on holiday because I cannot get any of the answers I found to work for me. What I have is a column of data which has to now be changed for GL Reconciliation, looks like this- SMITH J_000063MVINS JOHNSTONE K_013565MVINS And I now need it to look like this- 000063,J SMITH,MVINS Most probably very simple but it still eludes me..... Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You Hi Try =MID(A1,FIND("_",A1)+1,6)&","& MID(A1,FIND("_",A1)-1,1)& LEFT(A1,(FIND("_",A1)-3))& ","...

Why do Data markers in Excel 2003 appear to be bold?
When crating charts in Excell 2003 the Data Markers (numerous points) appear to be bold and blurry. This does not occur in Excel XP. Marker size is set to 2. ...

: in cell references in formula (Excel 2003)
Someone put the following formula into a spreadsheet that I have to maintain: =ABC!H14:ABC!H18+ABC!H24 I understand the use of : to pass a ranged to a function, but this does not make sense to me. It only adds the values from H14, H18, and H24. Is the use of the : here a typo that happens to work, or is there a good useful purpose for it? Thank you. JerryK It doesn't seem like that should be working. I get a #VALUE! when I use it. If it was intended to sum the range plus H24, then: =SUM(ABC!H14:H18)+ABC!H24 If only those three cells were supposed to be added, then: =SUM(ABC!H14,A...

How do I link columns so data flows from 1 column to another like.
Is there a way to link columns in Excel, so that data that's entered flows from one column to the next? There's a function similar to this in Quark. Anybody know anything about this? Regards, If I understand the question correctly, and the information is being typed into the cells, you could try this: Select a block of cells, say A2:C10 Then, type a value. Press enter. If yuo press enter after each value entered, when you enter a value in A:10 and press enter, you're active cell will be B2. tj "M. Frazel" wrote: > Is there a way to link columns in Excel, so t...

Freezing Cells #2
Here's the problem, I like the idea about being able to freeze the the panes of a worksheet. However I would like to freeze certain cells, for example I want to just freeze I1 through I10. The freeze panes option grabs A1 through I10 which is not what I want. Any ideas on how I could get around this? Scott Scott, You can't freeze only part of a row or column. Freeze works only on entire rows and/or columns. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Illusvfyre" <sboisvert@cox.net> wrote in message news:C...

repeat cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 does not contain "Smith" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 does not contain "Smith" How do I get "Smith" to appear in: B1 thru B52 B459 thru B1071 and nothing in the other cells? Thanks, Hi Gary see you post in Excel.misc Frank ----repost: Hi Gary so you only want to duplicate the "Smith" entries. Try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(A2="Smith",A2,"")) copy down Gary wrote: > A1 contains "Smith" > A53 ...

Double stacked columns
I need 2 stacked columns side by side for each month. Here is the data for October: Forecast Credits 200 Forecast Cash 50 Actual Credits 220 Actual Cash 55 Total Forecast 250 Total Actual 275 One column is forecast; the other is actual. I would then need a line plotted on the secondary axis for Total Actual. Can it be done? So you would like a clustered-stacked column chart? Excel doesn't do this type of chart natively, but with a little clever arrangement of the data you can make a stacked chart look the way you want. This page links to a handful of examples: http://peltie...

Data Charting Correctly
We are working with a table that has a Sell Price, List Price, and Profit Margin. When we try to chart it, it looks like it is adding the "Sell Price" and "List Price". The "Sell Price" which is in row 1, is plotted correctly. The "List Price" looks to be the total of the two. The "Profit Margin" is plotting with the "List Price". Is it in the way we have selected the table to chart? Does anyone have any suggestions? Choose the line chart option in the first column, not the stacked line chart option in the second. - Jon ...

2 column subreport problem
I have a report with a single column. I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has two columns. Only one column prints in the sub-report. TIA for your help. Never mind....I got it. Gettin' old ain't for sissies! "R Fourt" wrote: > I have a report with a single column. > I have a sub-report in the detail section of this report. The sub-report has > two columns. > Only one column prints in the sub-report. > TIA for your help. ...

duplicate entries in rows
I have a list of names from a few different sources, I need to compile them into one list, and would like to eliminate any multiple entries by using, I'm assuming, a filter. To clarify what I need, here is an example: here are the rows: mitch gary clark mitch I'd like to use a filter where I could select all of the names, and eliminate the duplicate entry of the name "mitch". Is there any easy way to do this? Thank you. Hi use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filer' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim wrote: > I hav...

Separating Names in a Column to Two Columns
I need to export a great deal of data, where the last and first names need to exist in two separate columns, i.e., Doe, Jane to Doe Jane Is there any way to accomplish without retyping? Thanks, D Look at Data>Text to columns in the main menu -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "donniebrook" <donniebrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D776196-B5E8-49DA-A5B1-BA0D45ACF0FE@microsoft.com... >I need to export a great deal of data, where the last and first names need >to > exist in two separate columns, i.e...

DoPromptFileName() Freezes on Second Call
I have an MFC MDI application that freezes the second time "Open File" is selected. The freeze happens on the second call to DoPromptFileName() in the "Open File" handler. I have found it does not matter where in the application DoPromptFileName() is called from the second time, it will freeze on the second it is called. I have done a "Trace Into" trace with the F11 key and can get as far as the statement in the CDocManager::DoPromptFileName() function: INT_PTR nResult = dlgFile.DoModal(); at line 640 in docmgr.cpp. After that it goes into assembly code I ...

reference is not valid message for pivot tables based on Access query
I've looked around but can't find an answer to this. I have a workbook - an xlt - that has 6 worksheets that pull data from different queries in the same Access database. I have several worksheets with on pivot table each. The pivot tables are based on dynamic named ranges in the external data worksheets. I use dynamic ranges because I have some adjacent calculated columns in the worksheets. The workbook has only 6 pivot caches - the same as the number of worksheets that pull data. I copied pivot tables from sheet to sheet so that they'd use the same cache, where approp...

import data from access table into a existing table
I need to map data from am existing access database into a existing staging database. The access database only has the data I need, so the mapping is not a one to one, The SQL table many more columns so I need to do some manual mapping. Is there a way to do this throiugh the import wizard or do I need to write some type of query to manual insert the data? Thanks in advance. -- Jay Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 Hi This is SQL Server forum, you will be better of to ask on Access forum "Jay via SQL...

format new rows
My table looks like this: A B C D E 1 Organisation Adress Contact Outcome 2 Employer 3 Industry 4 Schools 5 Referral 6 Employment 7 Groups 8 Training 9 Community 10 Media 11 Other Jacob Skaria was able to help me generate a new row when data is entered into each category [(eg when new data is added to B2 a new line will automatically appear at 3 to allow room for new data for the employer category). A new line would insert for each of the column A categories in the same ...

Static reference to worksheet in formula
I have several Documents. For example one is called Budget 2007, Budget 2008. In each of these I have worksheets for each month, Jan, Feb, etc... I also have a worksheet called Year. In the Year I have cells that reference the month worksheets. For example I might have =Jan!$B23 My problem is that when I now copy the worksheet Year to the new file the cell reference is ='C:\[BUDGET 2007.xls]Jan'!$B$23 I can't edit the links because I do have some formulas which I want to reference previous years and otherwise will create lots of circular references. 2 questions I have. 1)...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #3
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ You can just type = and then click the cell if you want to be duplicate. "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do...

Want to create sliders to change cell values in EXCEL for PC
As a math teacher, being able to view chart/graph changes as equation parameters change is an extremely valuable tool. An article in the NCTM Mathematics journal describes this capability using "Scroll Bar type Sliders" in EXCEL 2004, which is evidently for MAC's. I have a PC with EXCEL 2003. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Pulling data from one sheet to another
I'm having problems with retrieving certain data from one sheet to another and I don't know if it is possible. See the below data as an example of what I'm using: VERSID DOC LH EN VELS COUNT 1233 Duplex 100 500 503 G 1233 Duplex 101 501 520 I 1675 Simplex 100,105 500 520 G 1675 Simplex 101,106 501 503 I 1674 Simplex 100,105 500 520 G 1674 Simplex 101,106 501 503 I Versid numbers are unique to each set of data, however the sheet I want to tie this up with use a different set ...

Cell Selection after "Enter"
In the Excel applications we build for others it is useful to have the cell selection remain on the cell after the data in it is modified. This is done by unchecking "Move Selection after Enter" on the "Edit" tab of the "Options" dialogue. However, when protecting the worksheet to allow selection of unlocked cells only, the cell selection then ignores the Edit tab setting and moves in the default direction after Enter. If worksheet protection is modified to also allow selection of locked cells, then the cell selection will obey the Edit setting and not ...

how do i arrange column A (last name) in alphabetical order? t.
my phone book is in excel. how can i alphabetize by last name (column A)? thanks Click on any one last name. Then, Look for the Sort Ascending Button on the Standard Toolbar. It looks like a Blue A above a Red Z. Click that button once. --or-- Click on any cell in the phone list (such as a last name). Go to Data | Sort. Make sure it is selecting the Last Name Column in the Sort by position. Click Okay. tj "hershy" wrote: > my phone book is in excel. how can i alphabetize by last name (column A)? > > thanks I don't trust excel to guess the range to be sorted. I...