what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?

0
missy (16)

See

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation

In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>,
 MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/25/2007 4:35:56 AM
"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
> See
>
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation

Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point.
The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a
reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsolete or BER (Beyond
Economic repair). Of course this is OK in times of little or zero inflation,
but not in times of "normal" inflation.

0
gbplinux (1141)
9/25/2007 7:49:26 AM
Hi Gordon,

Let Wikipedia know, they rely on, and crave, that sort of feedback!

Regards
Martin

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> See
>>
>>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation
>>

> Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important
> point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to
> build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsolete
> or BER (Beyond Economic repair). Of course this is OK in times of little
> or zero inflation, but not in times of "normal" inflation.

0
mtmw (348)
9/25/2007 8:05:50 AM
"MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Let Wikipedia know, they rely on, and crave, that sort of feedback!

Will do!

0
gbplinux (1141)

Text Box with words splitting onto two lines
I have a text box in publisher with a lots of text but it splits up words onto two lines Eg It is a very sun- ny day today is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines Thanks S.Dickson@shos.co.uk wrote: > is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines For the current text box: Tools > Language > Hyphenation For all new text boxes: Tools > Options -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

line spacing within a cell
When using "center across selection" with Wrap Text, how do you get a full line of space between information you are placing in the same cell that I have expanded Thanks Kristi I'm not sure what you want, but if you're looking to place a hard return after a line of text to get that blank space, use Alt+Enter. HTH -- Michael J. Malinsky "Kristi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5d4401c3e5c3$7abd5e00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When using "center across selection" with Wrap Text, how > do you get a full line of spac...

Trend Lines Only?
If I have data entered in a spreadsheet, can I have the spread sheet draw trend lines, but nothing else? TIA, Nev. Plot the data, add a trendline on the chart, then format the data plot so that plot symbols have the same color as background (i.e. are invisible). Jerry Nev. wrote: > If I have data entered in a spreadsheet, > can I have the spread sheet draw trend lines, > but nothing else? > > TIA, > > Nev. Change the colour of your marks and lines into "none". The values will still be there in the graph, only invisible, and you can still make a tren...

Line Chart
I have the following data I want to chart: 8 12 16 36 64 100 Mtl Cost $15,207 $19,079 $22,950 $42,308 $69,408 $104,252 Engr Cost $16,640 $24,960 $33,280 $74,880 $133,120 $208,000 When I created the chart the upper bounds of the y axis is $350,000, and the Engr Cost series, although states it $208,000, it's above the $300,000. What am I doing wrong. Bob Hover your mouse above each axis in turn. Right-Click and select Format Axis. Go to the Scale page, and uncheck the auto boxes. Put in the values you feel are appropriate (Max, Min etc.) and click OK. If the visual effect is not w...

Getting compile error on WorksheetFuntion.Sum line
I am trying to test if the sum of column 6 in a named range is 0 and if it is I hide the whole range, if its not I hide only teh lines that are 0 or blank. I get a complie error on the If WorksheetFuntion.Sum line. What is the correct syntax? Application.Goto reference:="MELLandLabor" Set rng = Range("MELLandLabor") If WorksheetFunction.Sum(rng.Cells(1, 6), rng.cells(rng.Rows.Count, 6) = 0 then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Else For n = 1 To rng.Rows.Count rng.Cells(n, 6).Select If rng.Cells(n, 6) = &quo...

Forms go straight to Outbox instead of sending
Hey ho. When I send a form it goes straight to the outbox and will not let me send it until I hit the send/receive button. Why is that, anybody know? ...

line space
H One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still having the same problem. If I log on as a different user its work fine. Please help In article <6DFABBD5-3423-4F37-B802-BE232639402C@microsoft.com>, hbr <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line > space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still > having the same problem. If I log on as a diff...

How Do I backup straight to a CD
I've just installed Money 2003 - came bundled with a new PC. I want to backup direct to my CD burner but the backup options don't show the drive. Can anyone help with this? David wrote: > I've just installed Money 2003 - came bundled with a new > PC. I want to backup direct to my CD burner but the backup > options don't show the drive. Can anyone help with this? My understanding this not possible. Just wanted to add that Money is no different to many other applications in this respect. The problem is CDRW technology not Money. Ditto writable DVD - didn't t...

Cannot Double Click to open Excel 2000 documents
I cannot double click on Excel 2000 documents and get them to open. I get an error stating it cannot find file: 'c:\file and path\Excel Spreadsheet filename.xls'. I have checked all the settings within Excel and cannot find anything that seems out of the ordinary. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office. Word and other files work normally. I only have this problem in Excel Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel...

How do you add straight lines to a candlestick chart?
I created a candlestick chart for foreign exchange rates, but I want to add several horizontal lines indicating the high for the range (using formula MAX), the low for the range (using formula MIN) and an additional trade rate line (manual input) without having to manually draw the three lines each time. So for example, I would create a candlestick chart for Currency A within the past two weeks. Let's say the 2-week range is between 115 and 130, and the trade rate is 120. I want to automatically add horizontal lines at 130 and 115 (indicates the range) and a line at 120. This ...

Logic Control TD3000 Line Display not working
Is there anyway to working LC TD3000 in MS Point of Sale. I tested in QB POS and setup as LC PD3000 and it was working fine. Do you guys know where can I download "SMS OPOS Driver for ANSI Compatible Line Displays v1.0.0.2" MS says, this driver is working with LC PD3000. I really appreciated it. Bye Have you tried this from the Logic Controls website FAQ's; Q. How can I set up the OPOS drivers for Microsoft RMS software? A. We don't recommend installing Logic Controls supplied OPOS drivers for use with the RMS software, as RMS already has an integrated a special OPOS ...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Printing Item Line Comment
Is it possible to print an item line comment on a work order? When I go to print my work order the item line comment disappears. Is this feature purely for on-screen viewing? Work orders are just like sales transactions. There is a Knowledge Base article that shows how to make item details visible. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Lee Purves wrote: > Is it possible to ...

Go Straight to the song
I like to open the songs folder in my WMP11 and listen to music on random. When I like a song I'm listening to, I like to go to the information in the main pane so I can rate the song, see what other songs are on the album, see who wrote it, etc. Is there a way to go straight to a songs information in the main pane instead of having to scroll through my 30,000 songs to get there? With any track playing,WMP shows the track name in lower left corner of the player,R.click on it,file,properties. "SurfPsycho" wrote: > I like to open the songs folder in my WMP1...

Too many quoted lines
Repeatedly my replies were rejected by the server 'nntp.aioe.org' because of too many quoted lines. Windows Live Mail Error# 441 and the ID: 0x800CCCA9. The protocol is 'NNTP'. Port: 119 Secure(SSL): No. Is there any way to circumvent this? Harry. Limit the number of lines in the included prior message(s) and your = reply ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "webster72n" wrote in message = news:eUCsMWRKLHA.5424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... Repeatedly my replies were rejected by the server 'nntp.aioe.org' = because of too many quoted lines...

Question regarding a line chart y axis value.
Is it possible to have, on a simple line chart, the y axis value on both left and right at the same time? Thanks ahead Hi, Yes, maybe the easiest way is to select the series and choose Copy. Select the chart and choose Paste. You have two lines of the same series, but one is hidden behind the other. Select either line and choose Format, Selected Data Series, Axis, Secondary Axis. Select the legend and then the legend entry for one of the two lines and press del. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bobby" wrote: > Is it possible t...

Fixed straight line(s) on a chart
How can I draw a fixed straight line in an excel chart. A line on a level I can easily adjust changing the value in a spreadsheet cell, for example. Is it possible to fix even multiple lines (eg. as a fixed "bandwidth information" - data comparing to a bandwidth)? Thanks Lukas Hi See the following sites: http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lukas" <lukas.bieri@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeit...

Sharebuilder and Money: Dividend double entry
Sharebuilder sends two transactions: Dividend and reinvest dividend and Money double adds the entries. Has anybody fixed this issue? I have to manually delete the dividend transaction every month. ...

Drawing a line on an imported image
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel With 2004 I used to be able to import an image, eg a map, and then superimpose a route by drawing a line on it. <br><br>With 2008 i can import the image of course but, when I select a line, place the cursor on top of the image and drag to draw the line, it comes up in a white square space which obliterates the image immediately behind! <br><br>How does one get around this please Frankly, I've found it very difficult to annotate figure and photos in Word with Word's drawing to...

Add dynamic line to chart
Hi, I often have the need to add limit lines, average lines, Standard Deviation Lines, etc., to charts, but the way I do it currently is pretty clumsy. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Say that I'm producing a line chart that shows data values over time. I have time on the X axis and the data plotted on the Y axis. Then I want to put a horizontal line that shows where the Mean plus One Standard Deviation is. I currently do this by adding another column to my worksheet and putting the same number in each cell in that column where the number is the Mean plus One Standard Deviation...

How to get off line !!
Just upgraded to outlook2003 - problem is when I close down outlook the modem stays connected - even if I select the offline buttonin the file menu - so can only hang up the modem by switching off the computer - not always convenient !! Help ?? !! ...

how to straighting line
i have writing a report but the words are not straight and in line can anyone help Not straight how? Perhaps you want your paragraphs to be justified? Press Ctrl+J. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "stevie l" <stevie l@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F4BE778-B206-4FAE-AEFA-D511B2200CD1@microsoft.com... >i have writing a report but the words are not straight and in line can >anyone > help > If everything is not lining up I would use an align left, cen...

Deleting Line Items on POS
Hi All, There are times when the customer has paid but walks out without asking for a receipt. Some crooked cashiers will then delete all items from the screen, and pocket the money, instead of tendering the transaction. It's as if nothing happened! I understand the issue may be addressed by revoking the permission on Cashiers to View/Change the line item fields. However, mistakes do happen frequently and the involvment of managers to resolve every such small detail will considerably add to their workload and will be very cumbersome. I was wondering how others may have dealt with ...

fully depreciated Fixed assets still have book value
We had some assets that were imported in at incorrect life. These assets are now showing the fully depreciated flag of Yes but still have a net book value (we use SLM for depreciation). How do I book the remaining depreciation for these assets? I had a client that had this problem because they hadn't calculated the depreciation correctly in Excel before we imported the assets. I believe what we did to correct the situation was to just change a depreciation sensitive value on the "Book" record and then change it back. This caused the application to recalculate the deprec...

skipping lines
Does anyone know how to highlight every other line easily - a master stroke instead of control + click on lines? Sometimes I want to color alternate lines. You could do this: 1. Press Ctrl+A. 2. Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and insert: =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 4. Press the "Format" button, select Pattern tab, and choose a color. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to highlight every other line >easily - a master stroke instead of control + click on >lines? Sometimes I want to color alternate l...