what command shifts all cells in a column up or down?

Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a
particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes to reverse
what I did and shift all cells in the column up.
0
Marco243 (55)

select the inserted cell
Edit>Delete
when asked, click "Shift cells up"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a
> particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes to
> reverse
> what I did and shift all cells in the column up.

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/16/2006 7:27:09 PM
Thanks, Niek. I'm back in business.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> select the inserted cell
> Edit>Delete
> when asked, click "Shift cells up"
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a
> > particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes to
> > reverse
> > what I did and shift all cells in the column up.

0
Marco243 (55)

separating items in a cell
Hi. I have a column that has values like the following: "Doe, John H." What I want to do is put "Doe" in Column A and "John H." in column B and lose the comma. I am sure there is an easy way to do this. Any help would be appreciated! TIA! Follow these steps: 1. Go Data->'Text to Columns' 2. Choose 'Delimited' 3. Check 'Comma' -- Regards, Dave "Jenn" wrote: > Hi. I have a column that has values like the following: > "Doe, John H." > What I want to do is put "Doe" in Column A and "John ...

Prevent user input, if adjacent cell text is identical
My worksheet has cells that contain text - Such as 'INF', 'STO', and 'BAC' etc... Some of these cells are merged into as many as 9 cells (vertically). I am trying to prevent the same text being input into the adjacent single or merged cell (which is offset to the right by ONE cell). So, if a merged cell comprises of ("D5:D10") and contains the text 'STO', I want to prevent the user from entering 'STO' in ("E5:E10") etc... The cells can contain other text, but i want to prevent only 'INF', 'STO', and '...

print preview command in Excel

Cell reference in formula as range
I have a formula in my spreadsheet that looks like: =IF(D11=0," ",IF(C11<D11,"Not Enough Hours",INDEX('PF Kintanas Pivot Tables'!$A$403:$A$418,MATCH($D11,t(E1),-1)))) In cell E1 I have the following text: gtalbo In the PF Kintanas Pivot Tables tab I have a named range with the name: gtalbo When I try to use the above formula I get the #Value! error. If I substitute the actual name of the range in the formula it works: =IF(D11=0," ",IF(C11<D11,"Not Enough Hours",INDEX('PF Kintanas Pivot Tables'!$A$403:$A$418,MATCH...

ESEutil commands
I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this tool to commit the logs to the database On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:09:02 -0800, "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a step by step guide on using eseutil. I need to learn how to use this >tool to commit the logs to the database eseutil/? A full online backup of the store will commit the logs. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have another site that will not have a backup solution in place until next month so i would to know how to flush the logs using this utility ...

Command Button #4
I'm trying to create a command button to clear filters in my spreadsheet. I don't know how to write the commands, but can recored a macro and run it fine. I tried pasting that macro into the button....and I had it working then messed it up. Now when I click on the button, nothing happens. The code currently associated to the button is below. I really don't want Criteria1 to = 'Reject', but the one time the button worked if no filter was set and the button clicked, an error was returned. The only way I could make it work was to force a filter as part of the macro. How...

command
how do you use command. A lot of computer people use it but how do we use it? Aaron You've reached a newsgroup dedicated to supporting the use of Microsoft Access, a relational database product. I don't see anything in your post that suggests you are asking about MS Access. Please post to a newsgroup that supports the area covered by your post. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "aaron" <aaron_t_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:78CB1423-55B3-40A1-8BF5-D4615E816057@microsoft.com... > how do you use command. A lot of computer people use i...

Excel Macro Filtered Visible Cells
Data is filtered in-place: I then need to perform a calculation on th Visible Filtered cells using the Frequency function. My code return the values for the whole list, instead of just the Filtered Visibl cells of the Frequency Results(Freq_Results). Freq_Results=Named Range of All Unfiltered Frequency Results, the filtered in_place Frequencies=Named Range Number of Times Bins=Named Range of Intervals Range("Freq_Results").SpecialCells(xlVisible).Select Range("Frequencies").Select Selection.FormulaArray = ("=Frequency(Freq_Results,Bins)") Excel Help - Frequ...

cell value to populate based on changing value in another cell
Hello, I am populating a pricing list. A combo box displays a product. I need the price to display in a separate cell. How do I get the individual prices to display based on the product chosen in the combo box? please understand that i am at a beginner level when you offer suggestions. Thank you kindly Hi TLC, Well, isn't it always funny how things work out? Sometimes things that would seem to be easy turns out to be difficult. So, let me get this straight, you have a drop down list, select an item from that list and you want the price of that item to pop up? Let...

How to lock the selected cells in 2007
i unable to lock the particular selected cells,, if i select protect work sheet entire sheet gets locked... my rquirement is only lock the particular selected cell unlock all of them, lock the ones you want and then protect the sheet. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Ashickur" <Ashickur @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD688B5-29E5-4D11-9288-5324201FBB9C@microsoft.com... >i unable to lock the particular selected cells,, if i select protect work > sheet entire sheet gets locked... my rquirement is only lock the particular > sele...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

how to get the shift in document's origin?
I'm scrolling my view automatically using SetScrollPos() of CScrollView when mouse moves out of its boundary. It's scrolling nicely but the it's not going into OnScrollBy function that I have put into my view. I wanted to know how to set new origin after scrolling the view using SetScrollPos() Any idea? Dhirendra SetScrollPos is not a method of CScrollView that would automatically scroll; all it would do would be to change the position of the scrollbar thumb in the scrollbar window. This is not the same as having the user scroll the scrollbar, which is what I read OnScrollBy...

average last 17 cells (variable)
using formula in A2 =average(IT:Index(A1:IT1,sumproduct(large(column(A:IT)* (A1:IT1<>""),A4)))) A4 is variable cell for calculation. However, I require result to be in row 1. Keep getting curcular ref. Require result in B3 Can anyone assist? brian(at )thompson3001.fsnet.co.uk Regards Brian -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com A2 is within the range A:IT, and would therefore produce a circular reference. It looks like you might be able to use COLUMN(A1:AT1) instead. If that doesn't solve the problem, try copying the formula from the formula bar and pas...

Formula for changing a cell format
How do I change a cell format if certain text is displayed in a nother cell? e.g; cells A4 and B4 (will change to a black pattern background) if C4 displays "Test"? Hi - select A4:B4 - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the formula: =$C4="Test" - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Confused1 wrote: > How do I change a cell format if certain text is displayed in a > nother cell? > > e.g; cells A4 and B4 (will change to a black pattern background) if C4 > displays "Test"? ...

How do I find Non-Intersection of 2 Columns?
Can anyone tell me how to compare two columns in excel and produce result column of only the cells that are unique to one (or both columns (i.e., non-intersecting value subset). For example, if I hav one column which containes values in 5 cells as follows: A, B, C, D, and another column that contained values in 3 cells as follows: A, B E I would like to be able to produce a new column which would have value in only 2 cells: C, D, since these are the values not common to bot original columns. I seem to recall that old versions of Excel had a database functio which made this rather easy, b...

Automatic Populate Todays Date in Cell when File is Saved.
I am creating a user data entry spreadsheet in excel and I want to record the date in a specific field when the excel file is opened. I need the field "Submit Date" to be automatically populated and protected when a user opens the file and performs a save. If the user does not Save the file the date field should remain empty. Can anyone help with this please? Paste the following macro into the Workbook module. You access the Workbook module by right-clicking on the Excel icon to the left of the word "File" in the menu across the top of the spreadsheet, select View C...

Problem with Sumproduct when some cells are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Trend Claims Emergency $0 Emergency $0 Emergency $0 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 Emergency 35.00% $215,237 Emergency 22.73% $105,059 Emergency 8.46% $53,760 Goal is to calculate an aggregate trend for the Emergency Category excluding those rows that a...

Image as cell value
I've worked up a "bingo" game using Excel that I have used on many different occasions with good success. It easily permits custom lists of values and uses a series of RAND() and RANK() functions to populate all of the game pieces. Recently, my wife hosted a baby shower and wanted me to adapt my worksheet for "Baby Shower Bingo", with things like diapers and rattles in the cells. However, she wanted pictures instead of words. I ended up using my fuctions to populate each cell with the name of the baby item and them manually dragging the corresponding image into each cel...

command
still learning of the sql command HOW TO DISABLE XP_CMDSHELL AND DISABLE BOTH MAIL PROCEDURES ...

need to copy cell refs with different incrementation
I need to copy a range of cells, and some of them have references t cells on another worksheet, but the cells with references are no contiguous, nor are the referenced cells. I have tried the fill handl to duplicate, and it does it partially correct, but not completely. Example: B7 contains cell reference =eb!A4 (eb is the name of the othe worksheet), and C9 contains cell reference =eb!B5. Cell B10 contain the cell reference =eb!A8, and C12 contains =eb!B9. I want to cop these six cells over and over down the page. The problem is that I need the B cells to increment the number by thre o...

how to count#cells w/= value in other column and not count blank c
In column A, I have values equal to either YES, NO or NA. In column B, I have values equal to either YES, NO or NA. I want to count the # of cells in column B that equal to their counterpart in column A, but I do not want to count blank cells, ex: A B 1 Yes Yes 2 No No 3 NA No 4 5 Yes Yes 6 Yes Yes 7 8 No No 9 No No Result for B10 should be 6 as I do not want to count row 4 and row 7 thanks in advance! =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A9=B1:B9);--(NOT(ISBLANK(A1:A9)))) -- Regards! Stefi „aganoe” ezt írta: > In column A, I have values equal to either YES,...

Command Handler
Hi Guys, I have a context menu and menu handler. I know how to acheive what is needed,but I am wanting to know if there is a better way to do this. When the user right clicks on a view, I get the OnRButtonDown(...), there I show the context menu. I have a command handler for the menuitems in the context menu also, clicking which will take me to the handler. What I want is to know is the point where the context menu popped up inside the command handler. Is there a way? Or Is caching the CPoint in OnRButtonDown and using it in the command handler the only way? Thanks Vipin &...

Comapre columns
hi i have a worksheet containing two columns of data column A = names column B = Team Cell k1 holds the widows log on name ie kevin Cell I1 holds the team identification ie team 1 i want to read column A compare it with the name logged on then i want to check the team in column B against team Identification if the user name is correct and the team is correct open the workbook for editing if the username is correct and the team is incorrect open the open the book in Read Only If user name is incorrect open workbook Read Only On Feb 2, 11:57=A0am, kevin carter <kevca...@btin...

xlUnlocked cells?
If I put xlUnlocked cells in workbook open, will it work in Excel 97? Thanks in advance It should. But a better design rule is to develop workbooks on the oldest version of excel that the user's will be running. There are some things that were added in xl2k+ that won't work with xl97. (This isn't one of them, though.) Marc wrote: > > If I put xlUnlocked cells in workbook open, will it work in Excel 97? > > Thanks in advance -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave, Also, in Excel 97, does it work protect VBA project? I have Excel 2003, and I have protected projec...

Using two different formats for one cell.
I am trying to display a cell in a certain format depending on what cell it is equal to. For example, =IF(B7=TRUE,C6,E6). If the answer is C6 I want the field to display Jan 22 2004, if it is equal to E6 I want the field to display Jan 2004. The answer would appear in cell K6 for example. one way: =IF(B7, TEXT(C6,"mmm dd yyyy"), TEXT(E6,"mmm yyyy")) Note that the result will be text, not actual dates. In article <1B9B1538-BEB6-4AB4-9E19-884CC269C820@microsoft.com>, Mindie <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to display a c...