Web Query Question

I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002,  The first set of Columns Are the
Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each
game).  My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information.  When
ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the
notes for the game stays in the same place.  How do I get my other 2 columns
to move down the page with the old scores.  Please help, because this is
driving me crazy!  If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!!
 Thank you,  Matt

0
SoflyMatt (1)

Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from SoflyMatt
<SoflyMatt@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002,  The first set of Columns Are the
> Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each
> game).  My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information.  When
> ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the
> notes for the game stays in the same place.  How do I get my other 2 columns
> to move down the page with the old scores.

It sounds like you didn't specify enough columns in your Data | Sort
operation. You need to highlight the whole table, not just the
columns that contain the sort keys, before clicking Data | Sort.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/
been my life work."  -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/
Hard to tell without seeing. Send a workbook to my private address below, if
you like.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"SoflyMatt" <SoflyMatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002,  The first set of Columns Are
> the
> Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after
> each
> game).  My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information.  When
> ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the
> notes for the game stays in the same place.  How do I get my other 2
> columns
> to move down the page with the old scores.  Please help, because this is
> driving me crazy!  If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to
> ask!!
> Thank you,  Matt

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

changing the SQL query on CRdc / CMSFlexGrid...example anywhere?
Hello, I have an application that connects to my remote database. I want to use the same window with CMSFlexGrid class to display the resukts from a query. Unfortunately, with my current setup the flex grid only displays the query results from the pre-runtime SQL property setting. Changing the SQL property in the connected CRdc and refreshing both remote data and CMSFlexGrid doesn't update to the new query. ie: void CDatabase_searchDlg::OnButton1() { //change to the new SQL query ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOTEDATACTL1))->SetSql("SELECT * FROM data"); ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(I...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

query to find when an event happened
I have 12 years of weather data in one table, and have queries to give me total rainfalls between different dates etc, as well as max and min temperatures. What I would like now is a query to tell me what date in a selected range the max or min temperature was. I have tried the WHERE clause just see what it would return but I got a syntax error. Thanks See: Getting a related field from a GroupBy (total) queryat: http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

First Windows 7 PC arriving Soon and Have Questions
Hi, today I ordered a ZT Affinity Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz 1GB Radeon 5450 Blu-Ray ROM Desktop w/ Windows Professional 64bit. This will be my first Win7 PC. What should I do before using the PC everyday? I'm thinking drop the DVD\Blu Ray player to a very low drive letter, setup a permanent swap file. and I'd like to partition the 2TB HDD. Do I need third party software to partition a Win7 HDD? What else would you do to set up this PC? Thanks, Sam For expert Windows 7 advice, please post your inquiry in the appropriate Windows 7 Forum: http://answers.mic...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Address List Query
Hi, I want to create an ldap query for an address that returns only the users that are in a specific organisational unit. I have tried using the query builder but I don't find OU anywhere in the availble search criteria. So I suppose I need to learn some ldap. Can anyone recommend a good "LDAP for dummies" website? I would also appreciate any suggestions with this specific query I am trying to build. TIA, Jarryd ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Pivot Table Query crashes access 2007
Until recently I was able to create pivot table queries, now for some reason I am unable to. I create my query as per normal, then change the view to Pivot table view and access crashes, stops responding, and restarts. I think this is as a result of the updates for office that were downloaded and installed today. Otherwise, were can I go check to make sure I have all the correct add-ins, etc installed and activated, I doubt this is the cause though as I have not changed anything. I have also tested this in multiple databases and all of them crash. I am running Vista Business and Offi...

Update Query 07-11-07
I have a link to a text file that is updated daily. I run an append query to add any new records on the text file into a table stored in my database. I am attempting to update previously appended records based on a field that may change on a daily basis. The record remains on the report, but one field goes through 4 changes through the records duration on the report. (linked text file) Example Day 1 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 2 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 3 Field 21 = "Submitted" Day 4 Field 21 = "Finalized" I attempted to set up an update query that es...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

IF statement question
Is it possible to test for more than 2 different conditions? ...example total number of hours paid hours 5 hrs 5 hrs 10 hrs 9.5 hrs 12 hrs 10 mins 12 hrs IF "total number of hours" <6 this will be "paid hours" ..... IF "total number of hours" >6 but <12 "paid hours" = "total number of hours" -.5 IF "total number of hours" >12 "paid hours" = "total number of hours" -.1 -----= Poste...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Help Please
How can I update on an address list "Po address" name to read P.O. with out changing the rest of the address. I just want to change the "Po to read "P.O."? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. UPDATE YourTable SET Address = "P.O. " & MID([Address],4) WHERE Address Like "PO *" Assumption: Addresses to be changed all start with PO and a space If PO can be buried within the address (Route to PO Box 2132 Westchester) then it becomes a bit more complex UPDATE YourTable SET Address =TRIM( Replace(" " & [Address],&q...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

query probelms
I am a new access user and haveing problems joining tables into a query. table A is a list of engineering spec numbers and ES_id table B a list of details pertaining to the ES (namem rev, etc) table C is a list of procedures numbers pertaining to a ES. This table can have from 0 to 10 precedures per ES. Table D is a list of details pertaining to the procedures (name, rev etc) Table E is a list of drawing numbers pertaining to a ES. This table can have from 0 to 10 drawings per ES. Table F is a list os details pertainging to each drawing. I have no problems linking table A and B becasue it is...

formula question #5
How do you change a column of numbers all by a given percentage ie all numbers in column B to individually have a value of -30 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com zerc To remove 30% from all numbers in a column enter .7(point seven) in an empty cell of another column. Copy that cell. Select all the cells in the column and Paste Special>Multiply>OK>Esc. If not what you want, post back with a clearer description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:55:02 -0600, zerconian <<zerconian.118s5o@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >How do you change a ...

Microsoft Exchange NDR about large number of attachments question
Hi, I am getting a message: "This message has been rejected by the Exchange organization to which it was sent, because the message contains either a large number of attachments or because there are too many nested attachments. To solve this problem, reduce the number of attachments or nested attachments, and resend the message. <myserver.x.x 5.6.3>" How can I change it so that I do not get this message? I am on the receiving side. I do not know how many attachments the message had, but I know it was not a tremendous amount. It is a daily message I used to receive on 2000 s...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Opening PPSX files from Web Pages
Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone know of a fix to this? In article <496A37F7-72E6-4774-994F-8816C5E69871@microsoft.com>, Jjsmits9 wrote: > Anyone else having problems where PPSX files are opening in edit mode with > Office 2007? And yes, I've edited IE to make sure it's opening correctly. > > I've seen others with the same problem, but no fix. Does anyone...