Vlookup no working

I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has a
letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption. This
formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the formula
will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000 rows
and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information from
the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I also
tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
Thanks for any assistance


0
rdavis7965 (10)
8/26/2005 3:12:18 PM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
702 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy one and 
replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same value into 
both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of your 
lists has spaces in the values somehow.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message 
news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has a
> letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption. This
> formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
> including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the formula
> will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000 rows
> and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information from
> the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is 
> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
> FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I also
> tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
> Thanks for any assistance
>
> 


0
ng1 (1444)
8/26/2005 3:43:04 PM
I am able to replace the cells with a typed and or copied one and I will get
a match, but I don't have spaces between the values.  Here is a sample of
the item #'s.
8110101Y-LN
81101035
8110113
8120002-LN
8120002-LNHS
8120100
8120100SYG
Thanks
"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
news:uORWcTlqFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy one
and
> replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same value
into
> both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of your
> lists has spaces in the values somehow.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
> news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has a
> > letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption.
This
> > formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
> > including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the
formula
> > will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000
rows
> > and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information
from
> > the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is
> > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
> > FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I
also
> > tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
> > Thanks for any assistance
> >
> >
>
>


0
rdavis7965 (10)
8/26/2005 3:52:51 PM
Sorry, Rose. I didn't mean "between" the values. But perhaps there's 
something weird before or after the values. Insert a column and try 
=trim(a1) on these values, and then replace the old values with the trimmed 
values (copy, Edit-->Paste special, Values) and delete the column you 
inserted to trim them. See if that helps. If not, I'm willing to have a look 
at your workbook.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message 
news:OTPSrdlqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I am able to replace the cells with a typed and or copied one and I will 
>get
> a match, but I don't have spaces between the values.  Here is a sample of
> the item #'s.
> 8110101Y-LN
> 81101035
> 8110113
> 8120002-LN
> 8120002-LNHS
> 8120100
> 8120100SYG
> Thanks
> "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> news:uORWcTlqFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy one
> and
>> replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same value
> into
>> both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of 
>> your
>> lists has spaces in the values somehow.
>> ************
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>>
>> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
>> news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has a
>> > letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption.
> This
>> > formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
>> > including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the
> formula
>> > will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000
> rows
>> > and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information
> from
>> > the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is
>> > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
>> > FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I
> also
>> > tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
>> > Thanks for any assistance
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
ng1 (1444)
8/26/2005 4:20:08 PM
Just a thought, is the data comimg from an external source like a web site?
"Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message 
news:OTPSrdlqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I am able to replace the cells with a typed and or copied one and I will 
>get
> a match, but I don't have spaces between the values.  Here is a sample of
> the item #'s.
> 8110101Y-LN
> 81101035
> 8110113
> 8120002-LN
> 8120002-LNHS
> 8120100
> 8120100SYG
> Thanks
> "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> news:uORWcTlqFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy one
> and
>> replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same value
> into
>> both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of 
>> your
>> lists has spaces in the values somehow.
>> ************
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>>
>> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
>> news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has a
>> > letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption.
> This
>> > formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
>> > including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the
> formula
>> > will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000
> rows
>> > and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information
> from
>> > the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is
>> > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
>> > FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I
> also
>> > tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
>> > Thanks for any assistance
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
alan111 (581)
8/26/2005 4:48:28 PM
That did it.  Last part of my problem.  How do I get 3 cells to replace 3
cells based on if J1=yes or no.  I have information in cells c1,d1,e1 and I
need to replace these with the information in cells f1, g1, h1. Basically
just clearing those 3 cells and replacing with f,g,h.  I am unable to delete
and move left because of the amount of information in 14000 rows.
"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
news:%23$ogJolqFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Sorry, Rose. I didn't mean "between" the values. But perhaps there's
> something weird before or after the values. Insert a column and try
> =trim(a1) on these values, and then replace the old values with the
trimmed
> values (copy, Edit-->Paste special, Values) and delete the column you
> inserted to trim them. See if that helps. If not, I'm willing to have a
look
> at your workbook.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
> news:OTPSrdlqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >I am able to replace the cells with a typed and or copied one and I will
> >get
> > a match, but I don't have spaces between the values.  Here is a sample
of
> > the item #'s.
> > 8110101Y-LN
> > 81101035
> > 8110113
> > 8120002-LN
> > 8120002-LNHS
> > 8120100
> > 8120100SYG
> > Thanks
> > "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> > news:uORWcTlqFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy one
> > and
> >> replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same value
> > into
> >> both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of
> >> your
> >> lists has spaces in the values somehow.
> >> ************
> >> Anne Troy
> >> www.OfficeArticles.com
> >>
> >> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
> >> news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> >I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes has
a
> >> > letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the desctiption.
> > This
> >> > formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
> >> > including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the
> > formula
> >> > will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000
> > rows
> >> > and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the information
> > from
> >> > the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is
> >> > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
> >> > FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I
> > also
> >> > tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work either.
> >> > Thanks for any assistance
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
rdavis7965 (10)
8/26/2005 5:11:40 PM
When you have a different question, you might want to ask it new only 
because the questions get old fast around here, and asking it new should get 
you a qucker answer. :)
I'm not sure I understand what you're doing, but if you wanted c1, d1, e1 to 
be equal to f1, g1, h1 ONLY if J1 says "Yes", then try something like this 
(I am assuming that right now the values you have in c1, d1, and e1 are "A", 
"B", and "C". So in C1:
=if(J1="Yes",f1,"A")
in D1:
=if(J1="Yes",g1,"B")
in E1:
=if(J1="Yes",h1,"C")
I hope it helps!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com


"Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message 
news:uUDauJmqFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That did it.  Last part of my problem.  How do I get 3 cells to replace 3
> cells based on if J1=yes or no.  I have information in cells c1,d1,e1 and 
> I
> need to replace these with the information in cells f1, g1, h1. Basically
> just clearing those 3 cells and replacing with f,g,h.  I am unable to 
> delete
> and move left because of the amount of information in 14000 rows.
> "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> news:%23$ogJolqFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Sorry, Rose. I didn't mean "between" the values. But perhaps there's
>> something weird before or after the values. Insert a column and try
>> =trim(a1) on these values, and then replace the old values with the
> trimmed
>> values (copy, Edit-->Paste special, Values) and delete the column you
>> inserted to trim them. See if that helps. If not, I'm willing to have a
> look
>> at your workbook.
>> ************
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>>
>> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
>> news:OTPSrdlqFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >I am able to replace the cells with a typed and or copied one and I will
>> >get
>> > a match, but I don't have spaces between the values.  Here is a sample
> of
>> > the item #'s.
>> > 8110101Y-LN
>> > 81101035
>> > 8110113
>> > 8120002-LN
>> > 8120002-LNHS
>> > 8120100
>> > 8120100SYG
>> > Thanks
>> > "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
>> > news:uORWcTlqFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >> To be absolutely sure your values match, you should be able to copy 
>> >> one
>> > and
>> >> replace the other (supposed) match with it (or just type the same 
>> >> value
>> > into
>> >> both cells), and see if it works now. If it DOES, then likely, one of
>> >> your
>> >> lists has spaces in the values somehow.
>> >> ************
>> >> Anne Troy
>> >> www.OfficeArticles.com
>> >>
>> >> "Rose Davis" <rdavis@lkfinc.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:uzY4AHlqFHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >> >I have only 2 worksheets in column A is the item # which sometimes 
>> >> >has
> a
>> >> > letter associated with it as in 815NB in column B is the 
>> >> > desctiption.
>> > This
>> >> > formula works fine when the cell only contains a number but will not
>> >> > including the letter.  I can manually retype the cell info and the
>> > formula
>> >> > will find it even with the letter association. Worksheet 1 has 14000
>> > rows
>> >> > and Worksheet 2 has 3000 rows, so I only need some of the 
>> >> > information
>> > from
>> >> > the 1st worksheet.  The formula I'm using is
>> >> > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2,
>> >> > FALSE)), "", VLOOKUP(A1,LKF!A:B,2, FALSE))  Sorry for the length.  I
>> > also
>> >> > tried to change text numbers to numbers and this did not work 
>> >> > either.
>> >> > Thanks for any assistance
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
ng1 (1444)
8/27/2005 5:18:45 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

This Formula does not work....
I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appearing in column D. Tried this formula below but no joy. =SUM($D$1:$D$249="R") Also tried =SUM($D$1:$D$49=J16) where J!^ contains letter R but still no joy. -- Many Thanks Gunjani Under the bed is not a good place to save snowballs for summer. =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249="R") =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249=J16) "Gunjani" <yunus786DELETETHIS@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b02e1d1663db0a69896b8@news.btinternet.com... > I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appear...

ms office stopped working
about 30 secs after starting ms office outlook 2003 on vista i get a message: A problem caused the pgm to stop working correctly. Windows will close pgm and notify you if a solution is available. I have have to close the pgm but get no solution. Can anyone help? -- rpwater Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com This group discusses the Windows Mail application, repost to one of the Outlook groups. -- -- "rpwater" <rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > about 30 s...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

2003 video e-mail not working right
Have office2003 and installed video e-mail for outlook. I can record and send the video e-mail to myself or another user on my computer. when I go to open It all there is showing is the little square box and it will not play the video...What is wrong?? Using ie 7 ...

Working with a range
Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the range must contain a digit once, ie. no repeats, and no blanks. Dan Have a look in VBA help for Find,then findnext -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan Chupinsky" <dchupinsky@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:iwKxe.43548$7X1.28928@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance > of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the r...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Calculation not working
I have entered a RIGHT function, when i go to Insert, Function command and do RIGHT(G3,2), calculation shows up correctly in function box, but does not calculate in cell itself. Still displays command RIGHT(G3,2) What am I doing incorrectly? Have checked Tools, Options, Calculation, and Automatic is checked. Thanks in advance for your co-operation. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200602/1 Did you actually start the formula with an equal sign: =right(g3,2) If you did, try formatting the cell as General. Then select the cell, hit F2 an...

Link to File is not working. EMBEDs are displayed as icons.
I'm trying to create links to image files (.EMF .JPG .WMF) in Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007. Instead of getting a LINK, I get an EMBED Package. Open a blank Word 2007 doc / Insert tab / on Text panel click Object button / Create from File tab / Browse... to the file / turn on "Link to file" / click OK. Depending on the image file type, I either get an icon and filename, or just the filename. Pressing Alt-F9 shows that it got inserted as an "EMBED Package", not a "LINK". If I perform the same steps to link to a Word or Excel ...

VLOOKUP in VBA
On the worksheet I can insert in a cell =VLOOKUP(C5, Hobokee.xls!AcsLow, 2) and it works perfectly, looks up the value in column 2 of the range named AcsLow in the same workbook. But elswhere I want in a macro to lookup the same table and assign the result to a variable BalAmt. BalAmt = VLOOKUP(AccNum, Hobokee.xls!AcsLow, 2) does not work. It gives a function not defined error on Hobokee. If instead of Hobokee I put Workbooks("Hobokee"), it gives function not defined error for VLOOKUP which it changes to VLookup. I have been overVLOOKUP in the Help file and see nothing wrong. W...

2007 search not working with Vista with new profile
It stopped working after I deleted my mail profile and started from scratch again. Who would have guessed doing that would break the search feature? I thought maybe it was indexing, but this is even after indexing has finished. Take any word from any subject line in any message and put that same word into the search box and it doesn't find the message. Using Vista with Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003. Also the desktop search no longer looks inside my emails. Any ideas? Is there a cheat to make Outlook 2007 use the old simple search feature we love/hate from Outlook 2003 and befor...

How to work with a list
Hi, I try to test a list of databases nothing in liste.out Can you help me ? Dim fso, infile, aNames, sBase, shell set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject") set infile = fso.opentextfile("liste.txt",1) Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") aNames = Split(infile.readall, vbnewline) infile.close for each sBase in aNames wsh.echo "Base:", sBase shell.Run "tnsping sBase >> liste.out" Next "bob123" <bob123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c3d7e10$0$10071$426a74cc@news...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

CRM on Office 2003
Hi everyone, Currently MS CRM is not supported on Outlook 2003. After installing the software and starting Outlook you get an error "Microsoft CRM folders cannot be installed". I found that every time I close and open Outlook (after saying no to not disable the add-in), 1 more folder is added to the Microsoft CRM Folders. I did this about 13 times and it added all the folders required. After that I could see the toolbar and it looks like everything is working fine. Regards Shane Coetser lol thats persistence "Shane Coetser" <shanec@oakwell.co.za> wrote in m...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

Why does my send/receive button not work?
All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher Pro filter. I've checked all settings in both MailWasher and Outlook -- everything seems correct. I did receive an email this morning from someone and got the message that Outlook was unavailable and I was being switched to Word for an email editor. Can anyone help me? "MamaMel" <MamaMel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D8852A-5ECC-44FC-9A1D-D45F64F15FB6@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher > Pro >...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...

Combining multiple files into one work sheet
Good afternoon, I have multiple files single worksheet files (30), each in it's own directory that I would like to have combined into a single workbook. Each file name is unique, however the midships of each file contains the date the file was created "C:\XVG001\XVG001_20090713_Reviewed.xls". Is there any way I can create a function or macro that will pull these files from their respective directories and combine these sheets automatically into one workbook? Thanks Try this add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/t...

How actually recall message work ?
Hi, I'm using Ms Office Outlook 2000 and I wanted to use on the recall features. I know where to get it but the result of this is always fail to recall. I wonder in what situation the recall features will work? In need of your help. Thanks. On 13 Apr 2004 19:52, "Edmund" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I'm using Ms Office Outlook 2000 and I wanted to use on the recall >features. I know where to get it but the result of this is always fail >to recall. I wonder in what situation the recall features will work? > >In need of your hel...

It works for us. let me know if it works for you
Please follow the instructions below to resolve this issue: Machine Names involved in this Example: Exchange Server: cwebex1.cweb.local CRM Server: cwebdell.cweb.local On the Exchange Server: 1. Confirm that you are logged in as a Domain User with Schema Admin and Enterprise Admin Rights. The reason for this is that Exchange Information Store can be thought of as a database. The only user that can access this database is the 'sa' user which happens to be a domain admin with Schema and Enterprise Admin Rights. 2. Uninstall the MSCRM Exchange Connector from the Add/Remove...

Sounds no longer work
The sounds on my Messenger now longer work at all e.g. the incomming message sound etc. In options they are *not* all set to mute. All other sounds still work on my laptop When I go to the options area concerning sounds on messenger and it gives you the ability to play a sound before selecting it, the sounds do not even work then. You press play and nothing happens. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it seems the only way to do that would be to uninstall the entire windows live package, I use windows live mail so i do not wish to do this. Is there a fix? ...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

Word wrap stops working after a certain point in a cell
I have a merged cell, formatted as general. I have the vertical alignment set to Top. There is a large amount of text in the cell. It is set to wrap the text, and it does until the very end. Then it just continues on the same line, so I can't see all of it unless I increase the width greatly. I can see it in the formula bar though. If I increase the width more text shows up. There is plenty of room in the height, so why won't the text continue wrapping? Only about a thousand characters can be displayed in a cell, regardless of the row height. It's just a limitation in Excel...

incorporate paste value in vlookup
is there a way to incorporate "paste value" in a vlookup formula ? I have the vlookups in the column working and feeding off of the multiple worksheets. the data will be updated weekly (and new columns with the updated data added) and i would rather just copy new data on top of the old in the worksheets instean of having to add new worksheets with new data... as to keep the previous column from changing. -- problem ...