VBA code and decimals

I have some VBA code as this:
rrows=lastrow/4

if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal)
How do I fix that
Thanks
0
pcor (148)

I just did this and got 34.5

Sub lastrowdecimal()
lastrow = 138
rrows = lastrow / 4
MsgBox rrows
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have some VBA code as this:
> rrows=lastrow/4
>
> if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no
> decimal)
> How do I fix that
> Thanks

0
dguillett1 (2487)
9/30/2006 3:05:29 PM
Hi,

What type of variable is rrows declared as?
If you have used Long or Integer then the decimal information will not
be stored.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What type of variable is rrows declared as?
> If you have used Long or Integer then the decimal information will not
> be stored.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> pcor wrote:
> > I have some VBA code as this:
> > rrows=lastrow/4
> >
> > if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal)
> > How do I fix that
> > Thanks
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
pcor (148)
9/30/2006 3:46:02 PM
Sub test()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim rrow As Long
      lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
      rrows = lastrow / 4
MsgBox rrows  'returns 34.5 if lastrow is 138
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:49:01 -0700, pcor <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have some VBA code as this:
>rrows=lastrow/4
>
>if lastrow is 138 then rrows should be 34.5 but I always get 34(no decimal)
>How do I fix that
>Thanks

0
Gord
9/30/2006 4:01:21 PM
Gord,

Check rrow vs. rrows

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca>
wrote in message
Sub test()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim rrow As Long
      lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
      rrows = lastrow / 4
MsgBox rrows  'returns 34.5 if lastrow is 138
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
9/30/2006 4:13:57 PM
You're right Jim

Remove the     Dim rrow As Long

That's why it worked.......rrows was never Dimmed as Long.

If it had, the decimal would not be returned.

One advantage?? of not using Option Explicit<g>

Gord

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:13:57 -0700, "Jim Cone" <jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>Check rrow vs. rrows
>
>Regards,
>Jim Cone
>San Francisco, USA
>

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca>
>wrote in message
>Sub test()
>Dim lastrow As Long
>Dim rrow As Long
>      lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
>      rrows = lastrow / 4
>MsgBox rrows  'returns 34.5 if lastrow is 138
>End Sub
>
>Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
Gord

Payout reason codes
Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are stored? thanks, Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout "Jason" wrote: > Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are > stored? > > thanks, Thanks. What I meant (and asked poorly) was if I wanted to design a custom report to show that info where would I need to look? Thanks, "Wendy_I" wrote: > Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout > > > > "Jason" wrote: > > > Can someo...

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Sort several workbooks using code
I am looking to run code that will sort several workbooks even when they are closed. The code would be executed via a master workbook which will also be sorted. Is this possible? I'm not aware of sorting records in a CLOSED workbook, but what you can do is this. Create some button on the master workbook and let it open the other workbook, sort the other workbook and close the other workbook. Accompanied with Application.ScreenUpdating (but also depending on the amount of records) you will hardly notice the sorting actions. Does this help ? -- Regards; Mark ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

How get rid of reveal codes?
How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do I get rid of them?? Try:- ALT + F9 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Christa" wrote: > How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do > I get rid of them?? Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christa" <Christa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

color-coding cells and more
Excel 97 / W98 Two easy questions. Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using Visual Basic Editor? That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c) format. In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others. Always opens with SUM as the default option. Can I change the default to 'Average?' -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old guy wrote: > Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not > ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field
I am using Access 2000. I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox). Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without the user's intervention? "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E128AC11-3153-4A50-9873-F3BFACAC91B1@microsoft.com... >I am using Access 2000. > > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in > that > field, you can toggle Off and ON th...

decimal places
Why Publisher gives me many decimals (around ten, I did not count) while the original data in data source (Access database table) is with 2 decimal places? How can I make it to show only 2 decimals regardless how many in original database? Anybody can tell me? Thanks. Probably the original database carries it to ten places but only shows two. You could try rounding the answers in the database program to two places and see if it gives you what you want. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Minnow" <Minnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D782017C-2E26-4896-A3A1...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...

Create Pivot Table Using Code
I am creating a workbook that tracks different types of employee hours. The workbook will be used by the supervisor to make daily entries that are summarized on a monthy basis. I want to create a pivot table on each of the worksheets that automatically updates. However, the worksheets currently contain no data, so therefore, I cannot create a pivot table. Is there code that can be initiated by the SelectionChange event of the worksheet that will generate a pivot table at a certain location on the same worksheet? S. Jackson You could create a dummy record on each worksheet, e.g. Dat...