value reference to a certain cell

I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

|Filename: e.g..jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616     |

littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25482
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389340

Perhaps you want something like this:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/order_form_or_invoice_form_in_microsoft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"littleps" <littleps.1sko2t_1122037900.7674@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:littleps.1sko2t_1122037900.7674@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
> measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
> goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
> PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
> B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
> choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
> giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

> |Filename: e.g..jpg                                                 |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616     |

> littleps
> littleps's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25482
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389340

0
ng1 (1444)
7/22/2005 1:51:19 PM
F2: =VLOOKUP($E2,A2:C6,2,False)
G2: =VLOOKUP($E2,A2:C6,3,False)

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"littleps" <littleps.1sko2t_1122037900.7674@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:littleps.1sko2t_1122037900.7674@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have created a table with some items of goods (A2:A6), proper unit of
> measures (B2:B6) and prices (C2:C6). Then I created a drilldown list of
> goods (A2:A6) thru VALIDATION function in cell E2. I would like UOM and
> PRICE in cells F2 and G2 to appear automatically like values in cells
> B2 and C2, i.e. I want UOM and PRICE referenced correctly while
> choosing any item of goods in cell E2. Appeciate your advice or help in
> giving a link to resolving the issue. Tks.

> |Filename: e.g..jpg                                                 |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3616     |

> littleps
> littleps's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25482
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389340

0
phillips1 (803)
7/22/2005 3:12:03 PM
Anne Troy and Bob Phillips,

Your info is very helpful and understandable :) . Thank you for quick
help. I am really happy that I've learnt some more about excel.
Rgds....Pavel

--
littleps
littleps's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25482
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389340

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it. :)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"littleps" <littleps.1slqyb_1122087938.6321@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:littleps.1slqyb_1122087938.6321@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Anne Troy and Bob Phillips,
>
> Your info is very helpful and understandable :) . Thank you for quick
> help. I am really happy that I've learnt some more about excel.
> Rgds....Pavel
>

> --
> littleps
> littleps's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25482
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389340

0
ng1 (1444)

Adding some values on a sheet???
Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV plants designs. Here is what I need: I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific" numbers on this type of chart below...... 30 mhz= Ch 5= Ch 40= Ch 78= Ch 80= Ch 116= Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for each type of "value" Cheers! Doug Strinz Hudson Falls, NY Hi Doug Strinz, Assume that you have a worksheet named 'master'. On ...

How to draw 2D values to windows screen??
Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). Which MFC class and function should I use to achieve this effect?? Newbie Question wrote: > Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would > like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based > app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). > Which MFC class a...

Conditional format from a reference cell?
I have created an item list for one column in my spreadsheet and would like to color the row based on the value in that column. I have more than three states to choose from and would like to color code them based on the state, so the traditional conditional formatting won't work for me. Is there a way to format cells using a reference cell as the template? Example: Using LOOKUP for the value of column A referencing columns X and Y Column X: 1_idle 2_walk 3_trot 4_run 5_gallop Column Y: 0% (colored green) 25% (colored yellow) 50% (colored orange) 75% (colored red) 100% (colored magenta...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Multiple Value Lookup field
I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields. I just tried doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and there was none. Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007. Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it? On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:0...

Item Value List vs Item Movement History Report (including cost)
I have been trying to create reports for previous points in time, but I am so confused at this point as to what is what. I've ran an Item Value list, which shows the current value of items, and got an extended cost. Then I ran an Item Movement History Report that includes cost with a filter that begins before the store opened and ends today. The extended cost in this report was very close, but not the same as the extended cost in the Item Value list. Is there something that the Item Movement History Report takes into account that the Item Value list doesn't, or vise versa? Beca...

Unique Values from Access
Dear all, I'm trying to create a validation list with data from access. The code below already do it, but I have a big problem: in the field of access database I can have duplicate data... table: period fields year_month year_quarter year 200701 200701 2007 200702 200701 2007 200703 200701 2007 200704 200702 2007 .. .. .. And the code below brings duplicate data. How can I solve this problem? I wouldn't like to bring all information to excel ...

How to total a column of cells without using Autosum
Help me remember please. I used to be able to quickly total a rance of cells by simply highlighting them. The total would then appear in the fx box. I can't seem to remember how do do this. I'm using Excell in Office 2003. Thanks Hi, Select a cell directly under or to the side of the range and click the auto-sum button (sigma) button -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Goldar" wrote: > Help me remember please. I us...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Default values
How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records? Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue. Thanks, m Hi there You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and add a value for each country. You can then set the default country. This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form. Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create. Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an action to update the country fi...

Can't Assign Value to this Object
I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or solution. I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single table. For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global variables. I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You can't assign a value to this object". Here is ...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Lookup a value in a table and display text if a value exists
I have a customer database form named frmMain with a field called txtAgency. I also have a table that has a column of agency codes that are in the Outlook Global directory. The table is called tbl_Global and consist of about 40 records. If the user inputs an agency that is within this table on the frmMain, I want the phone number field (txtPhone) on the database form to automatically display "See Outlook". If the agency is not within this list, I want the end user to be able input a value on the form. What is the best way to go about this? Use DLookup() to get t...

Need a lookup formula that matches 2 values and returns the 3rd va
I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates and match the dates. I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order number and date. I tried a...

Summing visible column values but not hidden column values
I need to write a SUM function that will add up the numbers in several columns of data (for example, A4:S4), but I only want it to add those columns that are visible, not those that are hidden. Is there any way to have Excel add only the numbers in the visible columns, not in any hidden columns? Thanks. Hi have you hiddent he columns manually?. If yes you'll need VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CBAFDFDF-FFFD-4521-97EC-CD3941FD8686@microsoft.com... > I need to write a SUM function that ...

HELP! Chart Zero Values
Hi, I'm new to this forum...I hope someone can help. I have just become trainee Office Trainer, and a delegate has asked me a question that can't immediately help her with. She has a job interview thi afternoon and has been given some Excel tasks to do. She has been asked to create a scatter chart using 2 columns of data i the spreadsheet. How do you get the chart to not display the data i either the x or y axis data is null? I know you can get the chart to not display the values if both x and are zero, but what if just one of the axis is zero? If anyone can help me with this ...

How do I remove line breaks in Excel cells?
I have a series of cells in Excel with line breaks embedded within them. When I go to save the worksheet as a .txt file, this corrupts the data. Search and replace does not detect them. If you used alt-enters, you should be able to use edit|replace to get rid of them: Edit|replace what: alt-0010 (hit and hold the alt key and type 0010 on the numeric keypad) with: (spacebar) (or whatever you want) Replace all. It may not look like xl is putting anything in, but try it anyway. Holly wrote: > > I have a series of cells in Excel with line breaks embedded within them. > When ...

Paste Values Based on Conditional Value
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 201...

Histogram
I'm using the Histogram function and trying to set my own bin values. However, Excel ignores them and uses the default bin values. My bin values are in ascending order and are formatted as a number. I do not get any error messages, just the wrong bin numbers. Thank you! ...

Extract from a table a value by interpolating
Hi, I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help. I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that? Thanks, Maria hi, this is how i do it. Lets say your table is at A12 to B20 make another column at column C with this equaition =(B14-B13)/(A14-A13) A B C 12 2.000 1.000 0.5 13 4.000 2.000 1.0 14 6.000 4.000 1.0 15 8.000 6.000 1.0 16 10.000 8.000 1.0 17 12.000 10.000 1.0 18 14.000 12.000 1.0 19 16.000 14.00...

Sum Values depending on other values
I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in range E:E if the corresponding value in G:G is >0. for example: Col G Col E 5 1 0 8 9 3 0 7 The sum of Col E is 4. Thanks, Bernie =SUMIF(G:G,">0",E:E) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "bw" <iamnu@cableone.net> wrote in message news:12060mofq6cef5c@corp.supernews.com... > I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in > range E:E if the c...

Incorrect value on the SMTP HELO/EHLO
I am looking for some help on this one. I inherited some exchange admin duties and to be honest it's not my specialty. We recently switched IP providers and our IP addresses changed. This also means we changed our DNS provider and I believe they have the appropriate zone records setup, although this may not be the case since I don't recall having this issue with our previous provider. When sending email to external email addresses we get NDR's from several different ISPs usually stating they are blocked because our IP address does not match the domain. The mailserver identifie...

Pre defined value in Text Box
I have input box that when certain criteria are met needs a predefined value in a text box within the input box. I have used the following code to try this but it doesn't seem to work Activity_Text.Text = "812402" Job_No_Text.Text = "" Rec_Point_Text.Text = "" Activity_Text, Job_No_Text and Rec_Point_Text are the named text boxes. When the input box opens the Activity text box is empty!!! Many thanks in advance ...