Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer

How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my
worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like
to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually
print my worksheet.
0
Uneeky (4)

Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and
XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual
printer is present.
--
HTH,

RD

"Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to
my
> worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still
like
> to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually
> print my worksheet.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
6/6/2005 6:55:13 PM
Unfortunately, when I clicked on 'add printer', Windows XP Wizard does not
give me the option to choose *any* printer.  I went to my Control Panel to
try your suggestion
--
Excel Newbie

"RagDyer" wrote:

> Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and
> XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual
> printer is present.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to
> my
> > worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still
> like
> > to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually
> > print my worksheet.

0
Uneeky (4)
6/6/2005 8:06:03 PM
Did you install the printer in windows?

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> Unfortunately, when I clicked on 'add printer', Windows XP Wizard does not
> give me the option to choose *any* printer.  I went to my Control Panel to
> try your suggestion
> --
> Excel Newbie
>

> "RagDyer" wrote:
>
>> Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system,
>> and
>> XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual
>> printer is present.
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> RD
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
>>
>> "Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes
>> my
>> > worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would
>> > still
>> like
>> > to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I
>> > actually
>> > print my worksheet.

0
terre081 (3244)
6/6/2005 8:14:37 PM
No, I didnt install anything.  I figured if I clicked on *any* printer,
Wizard would 'install' the printer for me...Windows Wizard is asking for the
make and model number of my printer.  I want to access the Print Preview
without installing anything, if thats possible.
--
Excel Newbie

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Did you install the printer in windows?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please)
>

> "Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately, when I clicked on 'add printer', Windows XP Wizard does not
> > give me the option to choose *any* printer.  I went to my Control Panel to
> > try your suggestion
> > --
> > Excel Newbie
> >

> > "RagDyer" wrote:
> >
> >> Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system,
> >> and
> >> XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual
> >> printer is present.
> >> --
> >> HTH,
> >>
> >> RD
> >> ==============================================
> >> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> >> ==============================================
> >>
> >> "Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> my
> >> like

0
Uneeky (4)
6/6/2005 8:24:03 PM
Even if you could do this, how would it help?  The layout, margins,
etc. may be totally different with the printer that eventually you use.

XL has something called a 'page break preview.'  I don't know if it
works without a printer installed, but you could try it.  Check View |
Page Break Preview

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <6223BA1D-93C3-4EC5-85B2-E9B1D6D24F57@microsoft.com>,
Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com says...

Uneeky wrote:
> No, I didnt install anything.  I figured if I clicked on *any* printer,
> Wizard would 'install' the printer for me...Windows Wizard is asking for the
> make and model number of my printer.  I want to access the Print Preview
> without installing anything, if thats possible.
Without a printer installed Windows has no parameters to go by for the
display. Just pick a common printer, maybe a HP Laserjet, and install
it. Windows can then use those parameters to display the sheet. Later
if you get a printer you can simply remove this one.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
6/6/2005 9:28:56 PM
This time, I chose an Epson printer, and 'installed' it (no actual printer
was installed with a cable to my pc). I then opened my worksheet and I was
finally able to click on Print Preview...so yes....it worked !...   Prior to
doing this, I tried the page break function, and even though I could click on
this option, no page breaks were given to the worksheet, so yes, the printer
had to be installed first.
Thank you all for your help and suggestions !!

--
Excel Newbie

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> Even if you could do this, how would it help?  The layout, margins,
> etc. may be totally different with the printer that eventually you use.
>
> XL has something called a 'page break preview.'  I don't know if it
> works without a printer installed, but you could try it.  Check View |
> Page Break Preview
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <6223BA1D-93C3-4EC5-85B2-E9B1D6D24F57@microsoft.com>,
> Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my
> > worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like
> > to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually
> > print my worksheet.

0
Uneeky (4)
6/6/2005 10:39:22 PM
For testing customers printers I have several printers installed. Just goto
windows and add any printer you like by going thru the menu. Then use that
printer for your print preview. Otherwise NO go.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Uneeky" <Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to
my
> worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still
like
> to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually
> print my worksheet.

0
Don
6/6/2005 10:42:34 PM
Thanks for the feed-back.

Although, it does get exasperating at times, when folks ask for help because
they don't know something, and then, they don't take, or even try, the
advice that they asked for.

You did at least finally try though.<bg>
--
Regards,

> This time, I chose an Epson printer, and 'installed' it (no actual printer
> was installed with a cable to my pc). I then opened my worksheet and I was
> finally able to click on Print Preview...so yes....it worked !...   Prior
> doing this, I tried the page break function, and even though I could click
on
> this option, no page breaks were given to the worksheet, so yes, the
printer
> had to be installed first.
> Thank you all for your help and suggestions !!
>
> --
> Excel Newbie
>

> "Tushar Mehta" wrote:
>
> > Even if you could do this, how would it help?  The layout, margins,
> > etc. may be totally different with the printer that eventually you use.
> >
> > XL has something called a 'page break preview.'  I don't know if it
> > works without a printer installed, but you could try it.  Check View |
> > Page Break Preview
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Tushar Mehta
> > www.tushar-mehta.com
> > Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> > Custom MS Office productivity solutions
> >
> > In article <6223BA1D-93C3-4EC5-85B2-E9B1D6D24F57@microsoft.com>,
> > Uneeky@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > > How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary
changes to my
> > > worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would
still like
> > > to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I
actually
> > > print my worksheet.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

to use multiple calendars inn Outlook is 2007 Office Release neede
To create multiple calendars in Microsoft Outlook, is the 2007 Office Release needed? no, but it is needed if you want to overlay the calendars and view them as one. Right click on the calendar folder and choose New folder to create more. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.CO...

Printing in "Coloring-Book" mode...
Can Publisher 2002 be set up to print in "coloring-book" mode so that my children can color the clip-art found in the publisher library? momof2inaz wrote: > Can Publisher 2002 be set up to print in "coloring-book" mode so that > my children can color the clip-art found in the publisher library? ============================= Insert the clip you want and on your Picture Toolbar...click...Color / Black and White. And...there's lots of coloring pages you can find with a google image search: Have a look: http://tinyurl.com/ylsfng -- ******John Inzer******** **M...

Backup Utility
How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it disappears from the "File" tab. Thanks Reinstall might help http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=50663FD1-DBAD-4705-B915-E4CF683E70FE&freetext=backup&DisplayLang=en David "Zanji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205501c3e101$90ea31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it > disappears from the "File" tab. > > Thanks I have tried Reinstall a couple times without success, also gone as far as ...

Print Preview
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just not available. Help!! Stewart Walker MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!) Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from the command list? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

no 'print from' options in print center
I'm new to mac and maybe this is a case of unfamiliarity with OS and software. Trying to print notes pages from ms powerpoint x, all the help resources i can find seem to indicate that the print centre should include the option to print from powerpoint. This should appear in the copies and pages pop-up. However nothing like this appears. The same thing is true of all office applications I have OSX 10.2.8 on a powerbook G4 thanks for any help on this... I don't understand your question. If you are in PowerPoint, and then you print, then you are printing from PowerPoint. I'm g...

Can't set the meeting importance using Redemption and New Mail
I am trying to set the importance of a meeting notice from the new mail event using redemption using this code: If ((PR_OBJECT_TYPE_VALUE = 5) _ And (PR_MESSAGE_CLASS_VALUE = "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request")) Then Const PR_IMPORTANCE = 1507331 '23 ' for meeting messages Dim PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE As Long PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE = SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) Debug.Print "PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE 1(" & PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE & ")" SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) = olImportanceHigh PR_IMPORTANCE_V...

Best solution to share linked excel data without endangering sourc
I have recently completed converting a cumbersome Lotus DOS report to a modern, macro machine... I am eager to share individual summary worksheets from a very large workbook with individual users, but am having difficulty determining the BEST (and easiest!) way to: 1) share the location summary for separate locations among small groups 2) Ensure integrity of the source document. Linking the destination files, with all protection still allows users to 'open source' when updating links.( I would need to establish file permissions to allow users to update links anyway, which would...

copy utility
Hi The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it cannot read one file during the copy process, explorer just give error message and skip all remaining files. Then I have no idea how may files have been copied unless to compare. It is painful when I copy huge amount of files. Is there any utility can solve this problem? "wu" <fqwu2003@126.com.discuss> wrote in message news:#cKaZQy4KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it > cannot read one file d...

Printing without shading
Dear All Is it possible to shade words/areas in a word document, but to set the print options so that when printing the shading remains on screen but is removed from the printed document. I use Word 2000 at present. Thanks very much JC -- JohnnyCash You can apply highlighting to text instead of shading. The display of highlighting can be toggled on the View tab of Tools | Options, and when it is not displayed, it doesn't print, either. This may not meet your needs, however. Another approach would be to apply the shading with a character style. The char...

To print the comment field content that is exceeding 200 characters
Product : Dynamics GP 10.0 with SP4 Ms SQL Server 2005 Standard with SP3 Module/Topic : Report Writer Problem issue: To have full document-level comments field to be displayed onto SOP Invoice modified-report and it containing more 200 characters. This invoice modified report is has a relationship to table named "Sales User-Defined Work History", in which it stores comment field content but it seen to have only total of the maximum of 200 characters (50 x 4 lines), see the attached file is the specification of this system table. http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8518/tablesopusrdef...

Microsoft Mail without Exchange server
Hello all, Just wondering if I can setup microsoft internal mail without having an exchange server. All machines are running Windows 2000Pro with Office 2000Pro. I have one workstation that can serve as a postoffice but we can not afford an exchange server Thanks Jay http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-50,GGLD:en&q=outlook+2000+microsoft+mail+postoffice --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Off Registration Printing
I am working a new installation of GP 10.0. We are having problems with our reports printing off-registration (reports shift left about 1/4 inch). Long story short, a custom report would work on only the printer it was designed on. Was told to update all printer drivers (Server Queues, Workstations, Terminal Server). Now all reports print of registration. I have tried most recent versions for PCL5, PCL6 and PS for our varied HP printer base. Anyone have a similare problem and did you get it fixed? ...

Displaying XML document in ASP.NET page using XSL Transform
I have an XML document that I am trying to display in my ASP.NET page. I am using an XSL Transform to display repeating XML data in a specific format. It reads the data, and displays it on my page, but there's a problem. It runs all the data together on one line. The XSL file is as follows: -- begin xml --- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:template match="/guestbook"> <xsl:apply-templates select="guestbook" /&g...

useing an existing module to extract info
what I would like to do is this. when a command_button is clicked on a spreadsheet, it will cop information from a certain cell in that workbook and paste into th cell of another spreadsheet of a different workbook. example; I have a workbook(wb1) with sheet1 and another workbook(WB2) wit sheet2 I would like to copy cell d2 from wb1, sheet1 to wb2, sheet2 cell b -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is the button on sheet1 of that wb1 workbook? Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() 'I have a workbook(wb1) with sheet1 and another workbook(WB2) with Sheet2 ...

Adjust Cost Utility
Customer wants to be able to print a report in the Adjust Layer Cost Utility (Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Adjust Costs). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/...

How to open linked PDF with Preview, not Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm setting up a record of invoices sent and payments received. I send invoices as PDF's, and want to record the customer, invoice #, etc. as well as a hyperlink to the invoice on my local drive, in an Excel spreadsheet. <br> I'm able to successfully insert a hyperlink to a file in a cell. When I click the hyperlink to open it, however, it uses WORD to open a PDF. When Word finally opens, it tells me it can't read the PDF. (Big surprise!) <br> How do I tell Excel to open a linked PD...

Word do not print inserted pictures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have some pictures inserted in a Word document. When I use print preview I can see them. If I choose file, print and preview from that window I can't see the pictures and they are not printed out either. I have tried to use arrange (in front of text) in the formatting palette but it doesn't help. Check the mfr's site for an updated driver for your printer. Also, be certain that both OS X & Office are fully updated as well as running Apple's Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. ...

Sample Access Database using Oracle Data and needing Time/Date Sta
Does anyone know of a good web site out there that has some sample Access Databases that invoke and use Oracle Data or even SQL Server for that matter that also uses a Time/Date Stamp driven Map to drive and filter a query to get results back via an ADO call??? I have been asked to create an Access Database as a GUI Type application which will utilize an Access Form and require User Input to Enter a Date and Time which will ultimately filter the data. I have no idea where to begin on something like this. (Boy....that sounds like a tall order....) Any help would be GREATLY...

Printing & Formatting issue
I am selecting Landscape but print preview and printing itself are all in portrait, not sure wht this is happening. ...

problem printing banners
When printing a banner produced in MS Publisher 2003, the printer (Lexmark X5150) consistently gets to the end of the first page and ejects the stationery. Similar banners produced in MS Word 2003 print satisfactorily. -- lord_gaty On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:52:26 +0000, lord_gaty wrote (in article <F97A76A4-7FE9-4258-B2E9-25B62188853D@microsoft.com>): > When printing a banner produced in MS Publisher 2003, the printer (Lexmark > X5150) consistently gets to the end of the first page and ejects the > stationery. Similar banners produced in MS Word 2003 print satisfactorily. >...

How do I remove old CRM Sales for OUtlook without installation med
I am attempting to install the 3.0 CRM Sales for Outlook client but the old install is preventing me from doing so. Does anyone know of a way to workaround the uninstall if you are without the original media? You can manually uninstall it, but typically the install media is not required to do this. To manually uninstall, you can delete the assocaited directory and then remove the registry entiries. You will also need to uninstall the MSDE instance that was installed. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Norman Mendoza" <Norman Mendoza@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Print Icon vs File Print Option
Why would I get different print results when using the print icon vs. the file, print option? I've got an 11 page document that has some issues with the print margin. If I use the print icon to print the document it prints 11 pages put the footer says there are 13 pages. When I use the file, print option it prints perfectly. Thanks for any suggestions. Geraldine For general assistance with page x of y issues, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Geraldine" <Geraldine@discussions.microsoft.co...

CS_HREDRAW and print preview
My application has this structure: MDI interface and CScrollView derived view class. To avoid flicker when resizing i removed the CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW styles from the child frame and the view too. This works good so far. The problem now arises in the print preview. It doesn't redraw correctly on sizing anymore. Is there a workaround to solve this? TIA, Hans Hans, I've not seen this - perhaps something else is the problem? On the other hand, I'm sure you've tested the obvious, and tried without removing the class styles. Another way to remove flicker that you might wan...

MIME generator utility
I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different contenttype etc.. Thanks, -Vinay Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote: > I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which > could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages > with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different > contenttype etc.. While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format di...

Printing A1 document as A3
I've created an A1 poster, and will eventually print it out that size. But first I would like to see what it looks like A3 size. Can publisher print my poster scaled to A3? When I try to print it it takes 9 pieces of paper, and keeps it A1 size. Thanks Rachel rs142 wrote: > I've created an A1 poster, and will eventually print it out that size. But > first I would like to see what it looks like A3 size. Can publisher print my > poster scaled to A3? When I try to print it it takes 9 pieces of paper, and > keeps it A1 size. Print to a PDF driver (if you don'...