urgent help for a newbie

I need help with excel.  I have a product list in excel where products are
are Identified with a four digit code.  E.G.

Code     Product    Desc                        Net               VAT
 Total

2354     Bleach      General Cleaner        £10               £1.75
£11.75

Lets call this the master list, it has 400 entries.  I want to be able to
produce customer quotes on subsequent worksheets within the workbook.  I
would like lines to 'autocomplete' after entering the product code alone.  I
do not know how to link new sheets to the master sheet with the product list.
 I am not an advanced user so any help in 'baby steps' please? Thanks.
0
ocoste (1)

You can achieve what you're after with either VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH

Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH at her:

VLOOKUP

INDEX/MATCH

There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study
--
Max
Singapore
"ocoste" wrote:
> I need help with excel.  I have a product list in excel where products are
> are Identified with a four digit code.  E.G.
>
> Code     Product    Desc                        Net               VAT
>  Total
>
> 2354     Bleach      General Cleaner        £10               £1.75
> £11.75
>
> Lets call this the master list, it has 400 entries.  I want to be able to
> produce customer quotes on subsequent worksheets within the workbook.  I
> would like lines to 'autocomplete' after entering the product code alone.  I
> do not know how to link new sheets to the master sheet with the product list.
>  I am not an advanced user so any help in 'baby steps' please? Thanks.
0
demechanik (4694)

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

Printing Help #2
Is there any way for me to be able to print specific colums from multiple worksheets all at once? Is there any way to select colums from a spreadsheet that would normally be on different pages, and have them print on the same page, without having to copy & paste them into a new worksheet? First create a new worksheet Then for each range: copy|Paste special|Values to a nice (contiguous) spot on that new worksheet. then print from there. Then make sure you do File|page setup to make it fit your piece of paper. In fact, if you edit|copy, then go to the new worksheet, you can Shif...

Help, Money 2004 & Runaway Payee Lists
Hi, I recently purchased Money 2004, having used Quicken for some time. I must say that I'm rather impressed with Money 2004! The navigation and audio guidance is a big improvement over Quicken, and I find that the entire program is quicker than Quicken (no pun intended) -- especially the on-line updates and reconciliation processes. Now then, the only frustration I have right now is in managing my Payee lists. I use the online update function to download transaction history for most of my accounts. I cannot figure out how (if it's even possible?) to DISABLE the auto-addition of ...

Word Help not well documented
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) There is no index in Word Help, which means that you have to go on a guessing trip to figure out a key word that will give the information you are looking for. I can understand not publishing a printed user manual, but Word does need to have better cross indexing. For example: <br><br>I just spent at least an hour trying to find directions for displaying the pane that runs alongside the document that shows the styles used. I know it has a name, but haven't used this feature for so long, I don't remember. I tri...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Multiple signatures, Multiple accounts...please help!
I'm using Outlook 2003, and have 3 different accounts coming into one Inbox. What I am looking to do is have my auto-signature change to the correct one depending on the email account I choose to send the message from. Is this possible? I am unable to set up different profiles, and really don't want to do that, so I am stuck with 3 accounts in one Inbox. Work had us on Macs, and Outlook had this ability there, so I'm assuming that it can be done here, since MS is primarily a PC based company. Please help! I just need to know if it's possible or not. ...

Double If Statement help
Hi I am trying to create a formula that will look in column "b2" which will be a reference to a month i.e Jan then if the answer is Jan, then look in column "h2", to see if it contains a "1" (it will either contain a "1" or nothing). If it does i need it to take the value out of column G2 (which will be a number) and paste it in the cell im typing the formula into to. Hope This makes sense any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SharePoint Video Library Template Ava...

tough sql statement help please
Howdy - and thank you in advance for any help!!! Here is what I have so far: SELECT sp.FirstName + ' ' + sp.LastName AS SalesPersonName, g.*, COUNT (CustomerId) AS GoalAcquired FROM Goal g INNER JOIN SalesPerson sp ON g. SalesPersonId = sp.SalesPersonId LEFT JOIN Customer c ON sp.SalesPersonId = c. SalesPersonId WHERE c.Acquired = 'Yes' AND g.BeginingDate <= GetDate() AND g. EndingDate >= GetDate() AND CONVERT(smalldatetime, c.AcquiredDate, 101) BETWEEN g.BeginingDate AND g.EndingDate This is the error I get. Column 'SalesPerson.FirstName' is inva...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

Help! Memory shortage
I'm running and older version of office (97 SR-2b) due to incompatibility with other applications, and have run into memory problem when loading 15-20 workbooks which are heavily linked together. The size of the files is approx. 3.5 mb per file. I've got 512 mb ram, and a paging file of 1.5 gb which shouldn't be any limitation. I guess that the problem is the way this old excel version handles the memory. How can I utilize memory better? I know that the undo function takes a lot of ram. How can I turn it off? Best regards Terje ...

help #11
I have a worksheet which updates a list every min onto a timesheet, Instead of having every minuit i want it just to show the period I want this 2 AUX 9:39 2 AUX 9:40 2 AUXOUT 9:41 2 AUXOUT 9:42 2 AUXOUT 9:43 2 AUXOUT 9:44 2 AUXOUT 9:45 2 AUXOUT 9:46 2 AUXOUT 9:46 2 AUXOUT 9:47 2 AUXOUT 9:48 2 AUXOUT 9:49 2 AUXOUT 9:50 2 AUXOUT 9:51 2 AUX 9:52 2 AUX 9:53 2 AUX 9:54 2 AUX 9:55 2 AUX 9:56 2 AUX 9:57 2 AUX 9:58 2 AUX 9:59 2 AUX 10:00 AUX 10:01 To look like 2 AUX 9:40 2 AUXOUT 9:51 2 AUX 10:01 any help, What i want is to If A2 = A1 then d -- Message posted from http://...

Need Help on IF statements
I am trying to create an xls template. I have it where in like B27, the user enters a numeric varialble. onc that variable is entered, in D27 it will evaluate the value in B27 an print a set statement. these variable in B27 are ranges. like this if the numeric value is below 6% then print "A" in D27 if the numeric value is between 6% and less than 7% then print "B" i D27 if the numeric value is between 7% and less than 8% then print "C" i D27 if the number value is 8% and greater, then print "D" in D27 I hope someone can help me with the syntax...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Please Help #4
How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into anothe cell? Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have no blanks rows in between in column A enter the following in B1: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA(A1:A100)-1,0) Frank > How can I output the last value entered in a range of cells into > another cell? > Example (Range= A1:A100, last value entered in A50) > I want the value from A50 to be uotputed into B1 > Thanks > > > --- > Messa...

Help! InsertMenu MF_POPUP in SystemMenu fails, but MF_STRING successful.
I'm trying to insert a popup in my app's SystemMenu and move appended items into it, so I can organize the menu and not have an extra long display. The problem I'm having is that if I just insert a string it works, but try to insert a popup it fails. What am I doing wrong? The following is in CMyProgDlg::OnInitDialog() CMenu* pSysMenu = GetSystemMenu(FALSE); if (pSysMenu != NULL) { // Insert popup menu at the top of context menu CString strToolsPopup; strToolsPopup.LoadString(IDS_TOOLSPOPUP); if (!strToolsPopup.IsEmpty()) { // pSysMenu->InsertMenu(0, MF_POPUP | MF_STRI...

Macro help needed
Is there anyway to write a macro to open several or all web hyperlinks on a single or multiple worksheets and update the web links if the page is no longer valid. If not able to obtain new page address provide details on which links are no longer valid. Thanks! Hi PC 51 How would you edit a invalid web hyperlink by hand? If you can do that, it might be possible to do it with a macro. Wouter If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject li...

Read Receipt Storage Location?
Hello, I have office XP Microsoft Outlook via Exchange Server. I was working offline in the offline personal folder and I clicked on a message and it asked "sending has asked for read receipt" I clicked Yes. However since I was working offline, obviously read receipt is not yet sent. however as soon as I go online it will go out ? I went to out box to see if the read receipt is stored there, but this is not the case?? I cannot find. Can someone please confirm me the location where the read receipt are stored temporarly until these goes out, next time someone goes online...

WLM help file
Is there an off-line version of the help file? Or -- how would I d/l the whole thing for off-line browsing? I'd like to be able to *try* to look something up even when off-line. Not that I've had much success with the "help" so far but I'm willing to try it as a source before asking here. BTW the option to "help improve WLM" doesn't seem to want suggestions. I don't see how recording how we use the program will help them know what *we can't find* & *what we miss that isn't here*. I did submit feedback; someone will get a bonu...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Budgeted amounts are wrong.HELP!
I've tried everything that I know to do but the budgeted amounts in my Money 2004 file are all wrong. I've tried creating a new one both ways, editing the budget. I am pulling my hair out becuase this is the main feature that I am interested in and I can't get it to work! I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but if you are having problems with budgeting it may because you are also using the recurring bills & deposits feature. If you are using the recurring bills & deposits feature, those items are automatically added to your budget. There is some qu...

Dongle Upgrade Please Help
I ordered a upgrade from my Partner to get additional lane for our RMS. Anyways we have heard nothing but excuses why Microsoft has not shipped it yet. Anyways our partner said he was sending us his lab version until everything got straighten out. We recieved the lab dongle yesterday on the tag it says lab 2l. When we try to install the new dongle it keeps saying can not find copy protection device. I have tried unstalling the rainbow driver and still get the same message. I also go into help and it still has the same S/N for the old dongle. How do I get the new dongle to be reconized s...