Typing in multiple row in a single cell

Is there a way to divide a cell in multiple rows?
I am not talking about the insert the Text Box or table.
The cell it self should be able to take text in multiple rows.
for example to type

"My address
My Street
My City"
Three rows in one cell
Khusro

0
Khusro (1)

Hi

Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap text

Then press Alt+Enter at each point you want to create a new row.

As an aside, entering data in this format is not the most useful way to
store data.
Very often, you want to pull out the City separate form other things, for
example.
It would be better to store your data in separate cells, but if you want it
displayed in a single cell then use

=A1&Char(10)&B1&Char(10)&C1

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Khusro" <Khusro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a way to divide a cell in multiple rows?
> I am not talking about the insert the Text Box or table.
> The cell it self should be able to take text in multiple rows.
> for example to type
>
> "My address
> My Street
> My City"
> Three rows in one cell
> Khusro

> signature database 4537 (20091023) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4537 (20091023) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger

Moving down one row using VB
Hello, I am currently stuck and wondering if anyone can offer a solution to the following problem: I am trying to copy the contents of a particular cell into the cell below it. The cell contents are non changing but its location in the workbook various on each report. So far I have set up a macro to find the cell and copy its contents. However for the life of me I cannot now get the macro to simply drop one row and paste the contents of the copied cell into the cell below. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Geoff Hey geoff try this ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Ran...

Consolidating batches in a single Z report
I have 7 POS stations at my store. I need to Z out each of these stations at the end of each day to close out the current batch and open a new one. It's a pain to have to close out 7 individual registers. I don't have any need to maintain cash counts for each individual register. All of the money, checks and credit cards get consolidated at the end of each day. I know that I can perform Blind Closeouts, but then I still need to go into each individual batch and close them out through SO Manager. Is there any way to consolidate my batched at the end of each day and perfo...

multiple email addresses #10
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP Several of the people in my contacts folder have more than one address. I have both a personal email and a work email, but they have the same display name. For example: John Doe - jdoe@personal.com and then John Doe - jdoe@work.com When I type John Doe in the recipient box of a new email, I'd like to see both email addresses listed so that I can choose which one I want to use for this particular email. However, it seems that the email address defaults to whichever was the last one I used. Any way I can see both address show up so I can choose??...

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

Protect or Unprotect Cell dependent on different cell
I am trying to find a way of automatically protecting a cell if an adjacent cell has a specific value whilst if that cell has a different value the cell would be unprotected. For example if I am aiming to have a column with values in that will be entered but if a field next to it has a 1 in the value field will then be locked. But if the 1 is changed to a 0 the value field could then be edited. Many Thanks for any help. David You could do this with a worksheet_change event to make it fully automatic.Unlock ccell f1>protect the sheet>right click sheet tab>view ...

Validation for multiple sheets?
Is there a way to use validation over multiple sheets? When I select several sheets in a workbook validation isn't offered under Data. I was hoping it would work like formatting over multiple sheets. John John wrote: > Is there a way to use validation over multiple sheets? When I select > several sheets in a workbook validation isn't offered under Data. I > was hoping it would work like formatting over multiple sheets. > > John If I well understand what you mean, you could simply copy the validation from one sheet to another, not simultaneously validate them... -...

adding records to multiple tables in MSDE 2000 from XML using ADO.NET
I am using .NET web aplication and MSDE 2000. I receive new record in XML format which I want to add into MSDE 2000. I am doing it as below. Private Sub InsertNew(ByVal sData1 As String) Dim SR1 As System.IO.StringReader = New System.IO.StringReader(sData1) DS1.ReadXml(SR1) SqlDataAdapter1.Update(DS1) End Sub This works fine with one table. But say, I receive following XML data: <ORDER> <COMPANY>DIXON</COMPANY> . . . <ITEMS> <ITEM> <NAME>SONY - 32 inch</NAME> <QTY...

How many days in a row does an employee work within a 2 month peri
Hi! In my worksheet I have in coloumn A employees and in coloumn C and forward I have every day in a two month period. F.eks. 1. november to 31. december (61 coloums in all). In each cell there is either a blank cell og a no. which represents the no. of hours they worked that day. I need a formula/macro/VBA ... which tells me how many days in a row each employee had in the two month periode. Any help would be great. -- LEG-denmark Use the following:- =COUNTA(A3:BI3) This will count the number of cells that are not blank in the specified range. This will give y...

"Cannot change part of merged cell"
Need help! I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another field that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to drop it, I get this error: "cannot change part of merged cell", I did not receive this error message for the other fields that I had selected. Please help. Thanks in advance. ExcelHelpNeeded Wrote: > Need help! > > I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another > field > that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to > drop > it, I get this error: "...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Select certain cells in a column
I need to copy certain cells in a column and past them into a word document, but when I select them by using Ctrl+C I can select the individual cells but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between the first and last. I have tried using both paste and paste special. What I mean is I select cell 3,6,9,12 using Ctrl+C it selects the individual cells OK, but when I try to paste them into word I get all the cells between 3 and 12. Is there a way to copy and paste cells that are not contiguous and past them into a word document other than one at a time? Ed ...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Excel Rows and Columns Issue
Thanks Anne, I haven't tried it, but I know it will do the trick. Thanks again! Cheers -- nexceluse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nexceluser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1507 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26712 ...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Average every seven cells, then copy formula
On my Averages worksheet, I have the following formulas: In Cell A2: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E2,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1! E2,"mm/dd/yy") In Cell B2: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F2:F8) 'compute values based on blocks of 7 successive rows I'd like to be able to COPY these formulas to row 3 so that the formulas in Row 3 begin on Row 9 of Sheet1, Like this: Cell A3: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E9,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1!E9,"mm/ dd/yy") Cell B3: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F9:F15) 'compute values based on blocks of...

click on a cell copy to another sheet

printing multiple different name tags on one sheet of A4
I have created name tags which I want to be able to print 8 per page of A4 I can print 8 of the same how do I set it up to print 8 different ones per page I have publisher 2003 You could do a mail merge.... have you tried that? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kathryn Groves "June" <June@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F68FAEE-6ADA-4C1A-9E4C-63192DA18854@microsoft.com... >I have created name tags which I want to be able to print 8 per page of A4 > I can print 8 of the same > how do I set it up to print 8 different ones per page > I have publ...

filter multiple values
I have a worksheet with the following details Object Name Last Database Backup NZ01_root 24/10/09 01:11:02 NZ01_netezza_data 24/10/09 05:43:14 AIX353_livebe_RMAN 24/10/09 01:06:05 AIX353_livech_RMAN 23/10/09 23:39:04 Now can i kind of create a code or template that would like have a fixed list which has to be searched within the worksheet? For e.g in the above example, say i have a report which publishes hundreds of object names, how do i get the date and times of "Z01_root" and "NZ01_netezza_data" only, the res...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

One field referencing multiple bookmarks
I have a document containing several bookmarks, each a new letter for revision; A, B, C...G. For each new version of the document, a new field and letter is entered by the responsible. This procedure is ok (for now) and works fine. In the header of my document I would like the latest revision letter to appear in a field. How do I program my way out of: Check if bookmarks until last filled is found Clear field in header Insert latest (last filled bookmark) revision Any suggestions appreciated. -- Best regards Ulf One possibility, assuming that you will use only single le...

Multiple If Then statements
I am using Access 2007 I have a Main form and a subform. The main form has 10 text boxes where allergies can be entered. all1, all2 to all10. The subform has 9 text boxes where medicines can be entered. med1, med2, to med9 I want a msgbox to alert one if one enters a medicine that a person is allergic to. I have tried without success codes similar to: If Forms![Main].[all1] or [all2] or [all3-9] = Me.[med1] or [med2] or [med3-9] Then Msgbox = "Caution" End If Select Case doesn't seem to help. Thank you in advance Ron -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

How do I create a field that has multiple lines for entering order
I am creating a requisition form for ordering supplies and services that has fields for item no, description, quantity, etc. and a lot of blank fields as well. I need the blank lines that aren't used to be on the phone when printing as this is a standard company form. How do i get the blank lines to be there? the "on the phone" part of your sentance is a little baffling.... presuming you want to print blank lines...the key is not to print a form. you want to print a Report. so leave the form as it is.... make a Report that looks like the form but has the blank lines....