Trying to put a pivot table report on an existing sheet causes err #3

Thanks to Frank Kabel, I can now make great pivot tables. The problem I am having is that I want to write a macro to generate pivot tables, and I want the pivot table report to be saved on a worksheet called "Sum of Open", which is overwritten each time the macro runs.

I have created the sheet named "Sum of Open" which is in the same workbook, but when i try to save it to there ('Sum of Open!'), I get an error:

"Your formula contains and invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again."

Am I referring to the sheet incorrectly?

Thanks!

Report Site SSL links broken
I am successfully running a reporting services site under SSL but... The links in the upper left corner of all pages (Home/My Subscriptions/Help/Search) are all still pointing to http:// not https:// Where do I fix this or even better can I remove/hide these links for the "browse" group? Pete Hay ...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Distribution List #3
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to set up a distribution list but do not want each person on the list to view each other email address - Just want the TO: line to be generic (e.g. EVERYONE) Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, In order to hide e-mail addresses from other recipients, type your address in the To field and place the distribution list in the Bcc field of the e-mail message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 257599.KB.EN-US, OL2000: How to Hide E-mail Addresses from Other Recipients You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.m...

Subreports containing Pivot tables and charts
Hello, I have a main report that contains subreports. One of them has a pivot table and another has a pivot chart. When I try to export them to MS Word, the pivot table and chart don't show in the word document.... Any pointers to what could be the problem is very much appreciated... Thank you very much, Nora ...

Need to compare 2 tables and only pull certain records from one ta
I have a monthly sales file that contains several invoices that allows duplicate records of parts. My second table is a different sales file that also contains several invoices and allows duplicate records. I want to match from the second table as a basis. How do I pull matching invoices from the two tables without pulling all the data from the first monthly sales file? UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT SecondTable.* FROM SecondTable INNER JOIN FirstTable ON SecondTable[Invoices] = (SELECT FirstTable.[Invoices] FROM FirstTable GROUP BY FirstTable.[Invoices]) ORDER BY SecondT...

CRM and reports
Somes reports are working like a charm and somes other are not. ie the "activity list" report give me that error : Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- The error message returned is: Error detected by database DLL. [On Cache/Page Server: APP6450.pageserver] The activity list by status is working for the first page. When I go to second page sometimes it works sometime it's not. It's really a random error. Error encountered by Crystal PageServer ----------------------------------------...

Global Customer List Report in HQ
hello, i'm trying to customize the Global Customer List Report in HQ and have gotten everything i need except for customer notes. I've gotten it to put in the 1st line of notes but it will not put any further lines of information in there. This is what i have in the report Begin Column FieldName = "Customer.Notes" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Notes" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = ""...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Join same field on two tables
Forgive if this is really stupid. This is what I am dealing with in terms as simple as I can come up with: I have one table with multiple records (country names) and multiple fields (over 20). I have a second table with that contains only a limited number of records (all of which are also represented in the other table) with only two fields (also represented in the other table). I need to know if it is possible to make the information from the second table "join" with the first table and display the data from both tables in one column. Does that make any sense? You can combine da...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Error: Can't Shift Objects off Sheet
Hello: I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the details on all of them, two of them hiccup and I get the "Can't shift objects off sheet" for these two. I have cleared all the outlines and reentered them and am still getting the error. Any ideas? maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Bettergains wrote: > > Hello: > I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the > details on all of t...

Money won't start #3
When I double-click Money, it opens initially, but then after a couple of seconds, it closes. This is before I see any logon or even any splash screen. Money used to work on this computer, a few weeks ago, but now it doesn't. I have installed several programs on the computer, most recently Google Earth, but I don't know exactly when the program stopped working. However, I believe it stopped working when I detached the external hard drive where I had my primary Money file. I copied the Money file to the internal hard drive on my laptop, but even if I double click that, Money ...

Pivot help please...
I am currently using excel 2000 and I am trying to read the pivot column headers, (Groups of data) I currently can get the column fields, but each on my column fields has sub categories, I need to enumerate through these subcategories. how do I read them ? how can I get how many columns a pivot table is using? Pivot -- |--- SUM TOTAL |--- Part Family |--- family 1 |--- total |--- family ...

Count of unique values in Pivot Table
Hello, I have exported values from a defect tracking system into excel Each defect is categorized in one of a couple of hundred different categories. I want to somehow display the count of the unique categories (and not the number of defects asssociated with each category). Is there a way to do this using Pivot table functions -- as opposed to exporting the list, using advanced filters, etc. Thanks in advance BAM Check Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique bam wrote: > > Hello, > I have exported values from a defect tracking system into ...

putting a modeless dlg on another dlg (or formview)
Hi, Is it possible to put an entire dialog on top of another dialog or form view? I'm doing it right now by calling the following in the container dialogs OnInitDlg function: int nRet = childDlg.Create(IDD_DIALOG2, this); childDlg.ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL); In the OnPaint, I move it into the position I want (on top of a disabled, invisible control) with: m_btn2.GetWindowRect(pRect); childDlg.MoveWindow(*pRect); In the childDlg's OnPaint function, I take care to reposition all the buttons, etcs within the childDlg. I've also been successful transferring messages from the incl...

How to block IPs that repeatedly send to non-existent addresses?
In looking st several Exchange 2003 servers that I administer, I notice many emails to non-existent mailboxes - from the same IP address. So I wonder: how could one configure Exchange to automatically rejecj/block incoming SMTP traffic from IP addresses that repeatedly send to non-existent e-mail addresses(Exchange mailboxes)? I am thinking some type of setting that says "if more than x undeliverable messages within specified time period from the same IP, then block that IP for specified time period..." In my case, that alone would eliminate 90% of all SPAM... Maybe this is some...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

CRM Report shows only 10 records
Hi Guys I am trying to show more than 10 records from a report, some reports shows me nothing and others only 10 records How can I fix that? -- Luis Quiroz ...

access-problem saving forms and reports
I have a problem every time im trying to save a form in access. It doesnt matter to what table i create a form or a report,the access wont allow me to save it and puts on an error message: "microsoft office access doesnt have the option to save the form or the report because he presents chars from a language that cannot be be saved in your system area. switch your system area to the language in the form or the report and than try again". my office is in hebrew and my windows in english,i have passed all the data in the table and in the form between the languages back and fort...

How to put a BIOS password on
I would like to put a BIOS password on my PC. Someone sent me the instructions once in this discussion group but I have lost the procedure. -- honeywell The microsoft.public.greatplains community is about questions and concerns facing users of the Dynamics GP ERP application. BIOS password issues is not within our purview. You need to post your question in a Windows community. -- Charles Allen, MVP "honeywell" wrote: > I would like to put a BIOS password on my PC. Someone sent me the > instructions once in this discussion group but I have lost the procedure. ...