todays date #2

How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet
--
kaushi
0

"Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet
> --
> kaushi

=NOW

=NOW()

Better (just the date, not the time):

=TODAY()

Both will update with every recalculation. If that is not what you require:
CTRL+;

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet
>> --
>> kaushi
>

> =NOW

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/13/2008 1:19:34 PM
hello,
use the TODAY formula. Type in the cell the following:
=TODAY()

"Kaushi" wrote:

> How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet
> --
> kaushi
0
shay34 (1)
11/13/2008 4:46:06 PM
If you wanted a line of vba for it you could use:
Range("A1").value = Date

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'www.thecodecage.com' (http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=29043

how come =date(year(today()),month(today())+6,today()) show 2097?
While evaluating, everything goes fine till it reaches today(), as 39216 and suddenly the result is the one given above. Why? Sorry, got the error. "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:esGfEAalHHA.492@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > While evaluating, everything goes fine till it reaches today(), as 39216 > and suddenly the result is the one given above. Why? > Maybe you meant: =date(year(today()),month(today())+6,day(today())) I wasn't sure if you found a solution or not. dindigul wrote: > > Sorry, got the error. > "dindigul&...

Software engineer, Chinese native #2
TNTplacement.com recruits translators and technical personnel for the IT Industry. This request is for a Software Engineer, who is qualified to write in Chinese (Mandarin): JOB DESCRIPTION: Chinese internationalization of Client Software for NMR Spectrometers. Internationalization of large and complex software applications. QUALIFICATIONS: BS in Computer Science or equivalent Minimum five years of software development experience preferable on large projects for desktop applications. Required Skills: Chinese Language, Internationalization for large software applications, Java programming. K...

Money date formats
How do you apply a change to the date format for MS Money Have you tried setting the date format on the regions control panel? Many Money formats come from there. "michael furniss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055601c39837$711bb3d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you apply a change to the date format for MS Money ...

View Only Today's Tasks
OL 2003, XP Home When viewing the calendar and the task pad at the same time, I want to see today's tasks and past due tasks, but when I go to View > Taks Pad View > Today's Tasks I still get tasks for all dates (but no tasks without due dates). How can I fix the filters that it seems I messed up? -- ICQ# I also can't get it to display tasks for Active Tasks for Selected Days. It keeps showing the same tasks as Today's Tasks! Filter Hell ahhhhh! -- ICQ# "Diggy" <jamesOU812@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pLxtWasDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

Making my own data file (pst) the outlook today file
I have just setup Outlook 2003. I have opened my old PST file. I wish to use this and make this my default data file. I will therefore not require the Personal Folder which is the Outlook today default I think I need to make my opened PST file the default file before I can delete the Personal Folders file But how do I do this...... Thanks Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, select View or change existing e-mail accounts, click Next, and then choose your preferred file in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" dropdown box. Click Finish, and then you will be able to close...

Date Format Help
Can someone tell me where to go to set my explorer date format to YYYY/MM/DD? Thanks Richard Richard wrote: > Can someone tell me where to go to > set my explorer date format to YYYY/MM/DD? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) How to change date formatting in Windows XP http://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+change+date+formatting+in+Windows+XP First l...

Date Format Problem #3
Hello, I've imported a set of data from an external source into Excel. One of the fields is the date and it is displayed in Excel as:- 2003-03-25 11:34:04. When I try to change this however to 'dd-mmm-yy' format there is no change. It also means that calculations based on this date can't be made. If I double click the cell with the '2003-03-25 11:34:04' date (as if I was to edit the contents) and immediately hit enter (thus not making any changes), then the format does change to the 'dd-mmm-yy' format and calculations can be made. Is there any way ...

Charting dates on the Y axis without weekends
I need to graph employees' performance in turning in reports on time. So the y axis is the date and the x axis is the employees' names. Is it possible to eliminate weekends on the y axis? Otherwise, employees who turn in a report Monday that was due Friday look like they are 3 days late, when actually they are just one day late. -- JenTK2006 In article <9418C405-F3DE-43C2-A236-3CE9D8FE1942@microsoft.com>, JenTK2006 @discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to graph employees' performance in turning in reports on time. So the > y axis is the date and the x a...

"gain since opening date"
Hi. M06: Investing, Investing Accounts, "Gain Since Opening Date" Could someone explain to me what this means? For one investment the 'current value' is 385.34 and the 'value on 4/5/07' is 381.14 and 'gain since opening date' is 594.15. The $594.15 seems to not mean anything relevant to me because it's either wrong or I don't know what it mean. Where is this number coming from? This is an investment that I reinvest the quarterly dividend but other than that, there have been no transactions in the account. ??? In microsoft.public.money, theo...

synchronising 2 mailboxes
hi, does anyone know how to synchronise 2 separate mailboxes in outlook 2000 without setting up 2 different profiles? ...

Outlook Today
I have two problems in Outlook Today. Here's the scenario. Today is Saturday 3rd Jan, 2004. In Customize Outlook Today I have "Show this number of days in my calendar as 7 " In Outlook Today under the Calendar column I have a multi-day event correct displayed under today. However, even though this multi-day event ends on Tuesday 6th Jan I cannot see any further listings for it in the Calendar Column. Should I not see it listed for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday as well? The second problem is I have an appointment penned in for Sunday 4th, 2004. (i.e. tomorrow) yet this is now...

Data conversion #2
I have a simple multi-sheets workbook and I want to convert all its data to a database file or a single sheet. The file look like this: [Sheet 1] start at cell A1 Account Amount 01-0011 300 01-0012 2000 01-0013 50200 .... 01-0188 3900 [Sheet 2] start at cell A1 Account Amount 02-0011 1000 02-0012 4000 02-0013 8200 .... 02-0188 1200 I have a total of 160 sheets of the same format. Is there an easy way to convert to a single sheet as shown? Account Amount 01-0011 300 01-0012 2000 01-0013 50200 .... 01-0188 3900 02-0011 1000 02-0012 4000 02-001...

Date in cell
If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the cell to read: Thursday, May 13 Example 2: 5/23/04 = Sunday, May 23 Thanks in advance, -- ~Jeff~ [Microsoft Windows XP Pro,Office 2000] Hi Try setting it to Custom and putting dddd, mmmm dd in the box. -- Andy. "~Jeff~" <~Jeff~@~nomail~.com> wrote in message news:urWb0$OOEHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I enter 5/13/04 in a cell, how do I get the spreadsheet to format the > cell to read: > > Thursday, May 13 > > Example 2: > > 5/23/04 = > > Sunday, May 23 &...

Macro location #2
Hello everyone, In order to allow a macro to be actionable throughout a workbook (from every sheet). Where is the best place to store the code? In Modules, Sheets or some other common area like ThisWorkbook? Thanks in anticipation. John N. Yorks UK Most macros will be placed in general modules. They will be accessable whatever is the active worksheet, provided you do not define them as "Private" subs. For very specific reasons you may want to put some macros in specific class modules, such as the ThisWorkbook or behind particular sheets, but you would generally have a sp...

printing checks #2
Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get it to work. Help! This is driving me crazy! Thx,Nessa See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "nessa" <gabblam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b6101c38461$a60d27c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot print personal blank checks. Using ms money 2001. > Keep getting error msg "no accnts with checks to be > printed". Have tried to use salvage utilty but can't get > it to work....

CRM mail issues #2
A CRM client has been having a sporadic issue with sending emails from CRM. Every so often they will receive a message that an email has bounced. Usually it pertains to relaying was denied. Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [70.89.46.173] They also seem to be having the same issues when sending emails from CRM that they go directly to the recipients SPAM folder in outlook. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Kit And Back Order #2
I am in a situation where I have a kit item on a Sales Order for a quantity of 20. I will only ship complete kits out. My inventory levels will only allow me to ship 10 kits right know. GP will let me do all 20 or none right know. It would be ideal to get 10 to invoice and 10 to go into the back order field. I am looking for away to make this work. I have reviewed the MBS Professional Tool for Partial Kit Transfers but that fell well short of what is being asked. Modules that are in the installation that might come in are SOP,Inventory, and Manufacturing. I looked at Quick Mo's in ...

How do I save my Customized Outlook Today when it will not save b.
I am trying to set my Outlook Today to the Winter settings. I will go into Customize Outlook Today, make the changes I want, then I will click "Save Changes." What I want it displayed, untill I go to...say my inbox. When I go be to Outlook Today, it displayes the default settings again. How can I fix this? ...

today
Hi I was wondering if there's a way to add today's date statically (so it won't auto update) to a cell inside a formula. I would like the cell to enter today's date automatically when a value is placed in cell A:12, something like this; =IF(NOT(A12=0),TODAY()," ") This works except this will update the date each time I open the workbook and I don't want that. Thanks. You could change the formula to something like: =IF(A12=0,"",DATE(2007,11,15)) for today's date. I've made a few other changes - got rid of NOT and reversed the order, a...

How do I delete unwanted fonts from the drop down menu? #2
The drop down menu in Publisher 2007 has a number of fonts with a @ as the first character. Examples are @Batang, @Dotum, @Fang Song, etc. These appear to be Korean fonts. I thought I could easily delete them by going to the Control Panel and then the Font applet, and delete them. But, they are not listed. How do I remove them. I am using Vista Premium. ...

the dates on cell format make different dates.
Please, I'm just getting farther from the answer and I have to be up for church soon. First question. I'm obtuse but when I type in a date, eg jan 1 05 and then format/cell/date I select a date format and it morphs in to a completely different date. 2nd question: to change case, use UPPER or LOWER function. But, how does that work to use the cell itself or a group of cells. If anyone can help, I'll owe you forever. carrie, washington state carrieaa@hotmail.com 1) What does the date morph into? 2) Take a look at David McRitchie's macros: http://www.mvps.org...

Extra field in SAles Date Inquiry ZOom
Our company distributes products to customers. We fill orders in our warehouse and then send them to Customers. W track date fulfilled, actual Ship date but we would like to complete the process by tracking Delivered date (from our courier) Therefore we would like a field in the SAles Date Inquiry Zoom called Delivery DAte added so we can populate it and report on it through Smart list with the other dates. I guess that field has to really be somewhere else in trx mode so it shows up in the Inquiry field . thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...

Consignment Sales #2
We have a division in the company doing consignment sales. We receive a container of items from suppliers as a consignment and sell for them in the market price (the cost of items and sales price is not clear for us, we dont need to know). After finishing the items we deduct a commission percentage and expenses from the total sales and return the balance to the supplier. Ex: Total Sales 100,000 Custom Fees -2000 Labor Charge -3000 Commission -5000 Due to supplier 90,000 Also we have vice versa. it means we send good to customers to sell it as consignm...

Working with Different workbooks #2
Dear Receipient, I would like to know how to open two different excel files in two different workbooks, in other words... I want to see both files on the taskbar and not only one of them and the other is stacked somewhere behind it. Thanks and Regards, ...